+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hi @rajahoomi , so I got letter in my account saying " Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure
document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. ...This letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in Canada.... permit type : Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT"
Now question, do i need and what should i do to renew my temporary visa as it is expiring on 1st July, i recall you mentioned once you will wait a little to see how your PR goes as you dont foresee to go out of Canada for a while.
I can not figure out the process of applying for temporary residency for BOWP, could you please shed some lights?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
hi guys. i am paul from lebanon and i am at the federal stage for permenant residency through QSW. i would like to ask u how much is the time between federal receipt of the PR application and visa for iranians. thx
Sorry Paul, I have no clue

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @rajahoomi , so I got letter in my account saying " Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure
document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. ...This letter is not valid for travel and is not a permit allowing you to remain in Canada.... permit type : Permit - WP-EXT / Permis - PT"
Now question, do i need and what should i do to renew my temporary visa as it is expiring on 1st July, i recall you mentioned once you will wait a little to see how your PR goes as you dont foresee to go out of Canada for a while.
I can not figure out the process of applying for temporary residency for BOWP, could you please shed some lights?
WP only allows you to stay in Canada, but it does not allow you to re-enter Canada. You need to apply for a TRV to be able to come back, if you plan travel outside of Canada. Personally, I recommend everyone to apply for it. In case of emergency in Iran, you don't have to worry about visa at all.
The application is straight forward and it usually takes less than a couple of weeks to receive it.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

Reactions: ms-nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
hi guys. i am paul from lebanon and i am at the federal stage for permenant residency through QSW. i would like to ask u how much is the time between federal receipt of the PR application and visa for iranians. thx
Hi Paul,

This is very specific question. Most of people on this forum are EE. I don't know if there is any QSW applicant here. But, I do know that it might take more for us than other nationalities due to security screenings.

Paul78

Apr 9, 2019
Hi Paul,

This is very specific question. Most of people on this forum are EE. I don't know if there is any QSW applicant here. But, I do know that it might take more for us than other nationalities due to security screenings.
hi. ah ok so most of the applicants here are EE. anyway thx a lot

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
@Mr_nobody , Hope all is well, i have specific question and hope you can shed some light as Oracle, is there any implication of changing jobs while you are waiting for your PR(I am about to conclude 6 moths wait BTW) I am asking this as I am about to receive my open work permit and i have no obligation to stay with my current employer (which i had closed work permit with them) and hence pursue other job offers. one more thing can i ditch them and work as a independent contractor or i should accept only permanent roles. i guess i have to inform PNP office too.

arashnour

Aug 26, 2018
Iran
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
15-08-2018
AOR Received.
29-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-10-2018
hello all, my AOR is 29th of august 2018, and ever since i got a review required on a work experience letter in November 2018 my cae has not been touched. nothing new and no updates.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody , Hope all is well, i have specific question and hope you can shed some light as Oracle, is there any implication of changing jobs while you are waiting for your PR(I am about to conclude 6 moths wait BTW) I am asking this as I am about to receive my open work permit and i have no obligation to stay with my current employer (which i had closed work permit with them) and hence pursue other job offers. one more thing can i ditch them and work as a independent contractor or i should accept only permanent roles. i guess i have to inform PNP office too.
It depends on your pnp nomination. Did you get your pnp nomination because of your job offer with your current employer? Is there any tie between your nomination and your current employer? If so, then you can't change your job, otherwise, they will re-assess your eligibility for your PR. If not, I don't think there is any problem. Because you have open work permit right now and you can work for any employer. see these:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changing-job-waiting-for-pr-after-pnp-approval-hospitality-worker-sector.171439/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-employer-be-changed-after-pnp-or-is-it-required-to-stick-till-federal-pr.247323/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/job-change-after-pnp-nomination.559974/

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
hello all, my AOR is 29th of august 2018, and ever since i got a review required on a work experience letter in November 2018 my cae has not been touched. nothing new and no updates.
I don't know why my comment was removed and your comment was censored.
Anyways, what is your question? Give me some details about your application

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
@rajahoomi , hope all is well, how long did it take for you to receive your hard copies of your actual work permit in (the one they send by mail)?
It came into my mail within 2 weeks. Yours will come soon too. If not, follow the instructions in the electronic letter which says if you didn't receive it within 6 weeks contact us...

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
It depends on your pnp nomination. Did you get your pnp nomination because of your job offer with your current employer? Is there any tie between your nomination and your current employer? If so, then you can't change your job, otherwise, they will re-assess your eligibility for your PR. If not, I don't think there is any problem. Because you have open work permit right now and you can work for any employer. see these:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/changing-job-waiting-for-pr-after-pnp-approval-hospitality-worker-sector.171439/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/can-employer-be-changed-after-pnp-or-is-it-required-to-stick-till-federal-pr.247323/
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/job-change-after-pnp-nomination.559974/
Thanks for your prompt response as usual @Mr_nobody , i got qualified for my PNP based on support and job offer of current employer, however my certificate of nomination dont have employer restriction and that was key condition to be qualified for BOWP. i called CIC and posted the question and they mention i can switch job if i have valid open Work Permit, however i should use webform to notify them and also notify PNP office separately.
Also i came to know that my criminality and eligibility passed and I am in security screening and now i should basically wait and hope for not going to extended version.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
It came into my mail within 2 weeks. Yours will come soon too. If not, follow the instructions in the electronic letter which says if you didn't receive it within 6 weeks contact us...
Thanks for prompt response @rajahoomi , what type was your previous work permit , open or closed, also is there a guarantee that BOWP is coming as open? it is not mentioned in my letter and i dont want to get surprised at the end:)