+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job waiting for PR after PNP approval (Hospitality worker sector)

Dani3lism

Oct 26, 2013
This is really confusing!

I hope someone can tell me what is right.

So, I just got an open workpermit through PNP-PR bridging program.

And I called my PNP office to ask if I can work anywhere with this permit quitting the job I was nominated for.

OR at least if I could switch it to a part time position.

(Because this company I work for SUCKS. I barely get 40 hours everyweek. And they just jacked up the price of the rent of

the staff apartment for no reason.)

WHAT PNP said

1. You should maintain full time position of which you were nominated for.

2. If you want to change job, you MUST get a job offer, job approval letter... ETC

Just like you did before applying for SINP & notify them and CIC

WHAT CIC said

1. You don't have to notify them anything. Work anywhere with the open workpermit you got.

I think I should make an appointment with an PNP officer to make everything clear.
But if anybody knows anything, please let me know.

Thank you!!:)

kijo

Nov 4, 2013
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2013
AOR Received.
21-6-2013
File Transfer...
4-09-2013 (In process )
Med's Request
28-6-2013
Med's Done....
11-7-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Dani3lism said:

And I called my PNP office to ask if I can work anywhere with this permit quitting the job I was nominated for.

(Because this company I work for SUCKS. I barely get 40 hours everyweek. And they just jacked up the price of the rent of

WHAT PNP said

2. If you want to change job, you MUST get a job offer, job approval letter... ETC

WHAT CIC said

1. You don't have to notify them anything. Work anywhere with the open workpermit you got.

I think I should make an appointment with an PNP officer to make everything clear.

oh I am in the same boat. I got my work permit extension approval email yesterday and I was gonna email PNP office and ask the same question. Well logical it doesn't make sense to notify anyone if you had an open work permit but since you are a PNP applicant according to their rules you should notify them,maybe get their approval first,if there is a change in your employment. This is confusing and vague to some extent. Maybe I should email to my PNP officer and see what he/she replies.

BTW since you got BOWP, may I know what it says under "TYPE" ? Mine just says " work permit extension". I haven't received the hard copy yet so I don't know if its an extension to current work permit or a BOWP.

Dani3lism

Oct 26, 2013
kijo said:
oh I am in the same boat. I got my work permit extension approval email yesterday and I was gonna email PNP office and ask the same question. Well logical it doesn't make sense to notify anyone if you had an open work permit but since you are a PNP applicant according to their rules you should notify them,maybe get their approval first,if there is a change in your employment. This is confusing and vague to some extent. Maybe I should email to my PNP officer and see what he/she replies.

BTW since you got BOWP, may I know what it says under "TYPE" ? Mine just says " work permit extension". I haven't received the hard copy yet so I don't know if its an extension to current work permit or a BOWP.

No idea, I just got approval through email 2 days ago.. waiting for the original to be delivered.

LOL we ARE really in the same boat.

I agree that we are in the grey area, but I think it is ridiculous for them to ask those things from PR applicants.

Whatever the reason was, we satified the requirements for open workpermit bridging program.

We should be allowed to use it as an 'fully' open workpermit.

kijo

Nov 4, 2013
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2013
AOR Received.
21-6-2013
File Transfer...
4-09-2013 (In process )
Med's Request
28-6-2013
Med's Done....
11-7-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
Dani3lism said:
No idea, I just got approval through email 2 days ago.. waiting for the original to be delivered.

I agree that we are in the grey arrea, but I think it is ridiculous for them to ask those things from PR applicants.

Whatever the reason was, we satified the requirements for open workpermit bridging program.

I agree with you but we can't really argue if PNP says to get their approval first. In such situation I would do what PNP says and ignore CIC as I think PNP officer has authority to cancel our PR application. I wouldn't want to piss them off, lol. I will update you once I hear from my PNP officer.

Dani3lism

Oct 26, 2013
kijo said:
I agree with you but we can't really argue if PNP says to get their approval first. In such situation I would do what PNP says and ignore CIC as I think PNP officer has authority to cancel our PR application. I wouldn't want to piss them off, lol. I will update you once I hear from my PNP officer.
Yup, PNP comes first for now.. Good point!

kijo

Nov 4, 2013
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2013
AOR Received.
21-6-2013
File Transfer...
4-09-2013 (In process )
Med's Request
28-6-2013
Med's Done....
11-7-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
I received the following email from BC-PNP when I asked about switching employer once I received BOWP.

"As you are aware, the BC PNP is joint application process between the applicant and employer. You were approved based on the assessment of your current employer. If you choose to move to another employer, you will need to have that employer submit the application form and be re-assessed.

The choice is yours with an open work permit to stay or re-apply with a new employer.

The time frame to re-assess the application would be both from the BC PNP side as well as CIC side. I am unable to provide an approximated time line for this, unfortunately.
As such, it would be recommended to remain with the current employer until the application for PR is complete. However, as mentioned, the choice is yours. "

From this reply I guess I wouldn't need an LMO but I would have to go through the reassessment process if I choose to switch my employer. *sigh*.
Now who is gonna take that risk and delay the PR process even if the new employment is better than the current one. I think since its a new permit, PNP officials are confused. They don't really know how to apply this to PNP candidates.

According to me BOWP doesn't really help PNP-PR candidates. If we are suppose to stay with current employer why give us Open work permit.

Reactions: hamedv90

maplelove

Jun 11, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013 send, received by AINP 11-11-2013
Nomination.....
January 13,2014
AOR Received.
March 6, 2014
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
March 6, 2014
Med's Done....
April 2, 2014
Interview........
in process: August 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov. 7, 2014
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2014
Are guys nominated under employer-driven stream of PNP?

kijo

Nov 4, 2013
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-4-2013
AOR Received.
21-6-2013
File Transfer...
4-09-2013 (In process )
Med's Request
28-6-2013
Med's Done....
11-7-2013
Passport Req..
18-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2013
LANDED..........
09-01-2014
maplelove said:
Are guys nominated under employer-driven stream of PNP?
Yes, I am.

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Dani3lism said:

I agree that we are in the grey area, but I think it is ridiculous for them to ask those things from PR applicants.

SPECIFY WHAT KIND OF OPEN WP YOU GOT AFTER PR FILE NUMBER .
DID YOU GET PR BECAUSE U CHANGED THE JOB

bmm651

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Dani3lism said:

WHAT PNP said

WHAT CIC said

did u clear? can we change the job?do we need to notify

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I really hate to be a party spoiler.But I am dealing with the case of a guy who got nominated because of his work with his employer.He quit after He got his bridge open work permit and took off for another job in Victoria.He did not inform IRCC or BC PNP.His upset employer notified BC PNP and IRCC.He got his nomination cancelled and BC PNP informed IRCC that the person was now breaking the terms of his nomination AND NOT a provincial nominee anymore.CBSA just served his departure order last thursday.He has been given 30 days to leave or face enforcement action AKA Jail and deportation :( :( :( :( Sad.

VijayReddyTirupari

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26/11/2016
Nomination.....
20/12/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
Medicals passed 25/05/2017
LANDED..........
InLand.
BCguy said:
I really hate to be a party spoiler.But I am dealing with the case of a guy who got nominated because of his work with his employer.He quit after He got his bridge open work permit and took off for another job in Victoria.He did not inform IRCC or BC PNP.His upset employer notified BC PNP and IRCC.He got his nomination cancelled and BC PNP informed IRCC that the person was now breaking the terms of his nomination AND NOT a provincial nominee anymore.CBSA just served his departure order last thursday.He has been given 30 days to leave or face enforcement action AKA Jail and deportation :( :( :( :( Sad.
Hello thank for sharing very valuable information.
I was wondering Informing IRCC or BC PNP will change or delay our process time in federal ?

Im planning to notify change in employment with new employee if approved then planning to leave my old employer (Im still working with old employer and also part time with new employer but new employment pays me more and better position)

Draw back with new employer is we are only 3 people in the start up (greater Vancouver) were we need atlas 5 people i believe.

If BC PNP doesn't approve new employer then also I can continue with my old employer as still Im maintain full time status there also.

Thank you

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
If your nomination is Employment restricted, then no you cannot leave your job until landing as PR (SINP Job offer stream IS restricted to employment) If you quit your job before landing, the nomination is invalidated and application will be rejected

If not, then there is no effect on your application

VijayReddyTirupari

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
20/11/2016
Doc's Request.
26/11/2016
Nomination.....
20/12/2016
AOR Received.
15/03/2017
Med's Request
Upfront on 27/03/2017
Med's Done....
Medicals passed 25/05/2017
LANDED..........
InLand.
mf4361 said:
If your nomination is Employment restricted, then no you cannot leave your job until landing as PR (SINP Job offer stream IS restricted to employment) If you quit your job before landing, the nomination is invalidated and application will be rejected

If not, then there is no effect on your application
BC PNP Internation Graduate and in my PNP its says there is no restriction to Employer.

But Still Im little worried about changing job coz of delay with process or may not be approving new employer

Rihan89

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna Visa Offce
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Not Needed
Interview........
Not Needed
VISA ISSUED...
18 - 05 - 15
LANDED..........
01-09-2015
I have a similar problem BC Guy. My employer is going to change the operational name ( including logo, name, etc). I got invited to apply with the support of my employer, all the paperwork has still the old operations name and logo. My question is: will be there be a problem for the BC PNP because my employer changed operational name? Do I have to notify the BC PNP about that. I am International graduate btw.