+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First an analyst will review and make a recommendation, then this is reviewed by an officer who makes a final determination.

Your eligibility has crossed stage 1.

To know if there is RR, you will have to see your GCMS notes.
Thanks for prompt reply, I am stressed as agent said it seems that my applicatio might take longer time than the normal 6 months, that's why I perceived it may be RR, I am ordering GCMS notesand really appreciate your valuable assistance. One more thing, does security phase starts only after eligibility is passed or it can start in parallel, agent said it will be started only after eligibity is passed as it is last phase and costs involved hence we do it at the end. Thanks

Last edited:

Prapri2912

Star Member
Mar 3, 2019
Yes, you can submit a work reference letter now and explain why you did not submit one earlier.

However, if you already meet the eligibility with your two years of work ex form your last two jobs, you may just wait. The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First, an analyst will review the application and documents and make a recommendation. Then an officer will review the recommendation and make a final determination. This is when your eligibility is passed.
Thank you sir.. My only concern is that earlier I submitted a notarized self attested letter, and thhe reason I stated was that the company doesn't issue such letters and now I submit thhe ref letter.. Will that conflict?

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
Hi, I would really appreciate if you tell me what is going on.

I have applied for TRV(in Canada have extended WP) on May 29.
processing time shows only 7 days now.

I called CIC and agent said that my file looks good and it wasn’t transferred to any special unit. And he also said that they already opened the file and started to work on it. Now he said that officer just needs to open it and make a decision.
I just wonder, if my file was already opened by CIC why they did not make a decision and why is it delayed so much now?

No updates since. CPC Ottawa replied last week that -your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. -do you have any idea what does it mean?

I am worried.
I got ITA after applying and submitted my PR application a few days later after applying for TRV.

Also, when answering a question Have you previously applied to enter or remain in Canada?-I answered Yes and specified that I applied for TRV and WP in the past. However, I did not mention anything about my PR because at that time I was still in the pool and did not receive ITA. Although, now I worry that I had to mention it.

Please advise!

Thanks

marunine281

Jun 26, 2019
AOR Received.
JULY 7, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon , hope you are doing well! I'm hoping you could provide some guidance on the following:

I just got ITA today and my stream is CEC. My documents are all ready and I plan to submit my application this week.
Now I reside in BC and I have a job which is my main NOC and what got me eligible for CEC.
I have an opportunity to move to Halifax and do a job that is not my current NOC, and the pay is much less than my current job (for some other reason, it's a good opportunity for me).
The plan is to quit my current job in end of July and move to Halifax in beginning of September, which will be after the AoR.

I have worked for my employer for 1 year and a month already, so theoretically if I quit my current NOC job and moved to another province, it should not affect my score and the IRCC's decision.

I understand that, but should I still notify IRCC about my change of job and moving out of province??? Correspondence is done by emails so even if i didn't notify IRCC, there should not be problems? But they will find out when i send my passport? My concern is that I change to another NOC, a job pays much less, and move to a province that is super far away from BC. The story seems odd. I wouldn't want to complicate my application so MUST I let them know?

Thank you!

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
If you have disclosed a prior medical issue, even if it my have been cured, it will take additional time as IRCC will have to make a decision of whether to pu you under surveillance when you arrive in Canada. This is normal and no need to worry.

The GCMS notes won't disclose anything much about medics. For medicals, you need GCMS - Medicals, which is your medical file.
This option isn't on getgcms website and I already placed my order about a week ago. How do we place order for gcms medical?

Jun 27, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon.
It would be very generous of you if you can guide me on below scenario:
My wife had her COPR when we got married and she informed CIC of change in marital status and added me as accompanying spouse. However, our marriage fell apart due to some issues and on receiving passport request letter, she changed my status to non accompanying stating personal reasons. She got her COPR with spouse as non accompanying. Now we are back together, what are our best options?

Can I simply submit my passport with a LOE as request letter is valid till 30th or would it be a good idea to raise a CSE again. In any of this I don't want to risk her PR. I know it sounds stupid but just looking for a way out if any!

Many thanks!!

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hi all question,
When filling information post ITA when we have to list family members, I have one doubt.
My mother passed away in 2013 (May she rest in peace and be in paradise) my father re-married a year ago or so, so I added his wife as step mother, but should I add the children of my father's wife ?

Thank you for the help

Tanny2591

Star Member
Jan 19, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-07-2018
If your CRS goes below the cutoff, then your application will be rejected. However, in your GCMS notes, there notes are by an analyst and not an officer.

After this, an officer will make a final determination on eligibility.
Hi thank you for sharing your thoughts. is there anything I can do to avoid this?

And is this cut off based on the current month or my month of ITA?

m.arsalan

Sep 27, 2013
Hi @legalfalcon I have two questions that I want your opinion at. Kindly guide me in the following matter. TIA

My AOR 5th April 2019, MEP passed 17th May, Biometric done 31st May, ADR (imm5669) requested at 15th May submitted on 17th May.

My application has been going smooth as of now with the above mentioned events.
At the time of submission the CAD to PKR exchange was 105 and I had sufficient funds (above 14K CAD - Bank Balance+Fixed Deposits+Provident fund)
Now the exchange rate is touching 124 therefore leaving the funds significantly less than the required amount.

I have also read your comments that IRCC considers only the Quarterly exchange rates but I want to know if they will ask for an update if it falls below that average?
Secondly the provident fund that I submitted with my application was only a salary slip showing the accumulated Provident fund and a LOE with organizational benefits letter stating that I will get this fund when I shall resign, do you think they will consider this as a POF or not. (at low exchange rates it didn't matter if they would accept it or not but at higher rates they would)

Also suggest if I should raise a CSE to update my POF myself or wait for their ADR?

Thanksalot again.

Shaey

Dec 25, 2018
You have 2 options:

1. You can send a replacement document, i.e. the revised document via CSE

2. Send a cSE and explain the error.

Either one works.
Thanks for your reply.
Just wanted to know, would this cause unnecessary delay in the processing of my application?
Also, I did not claim any points for my current job, although mentioned it in personal history and the company is shutting down which would make me unemployed by the end of July. Do I need to raise a CSE for this as well as inform IRCC about being unemployed?

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
If the letter from a colleague or anyone else is impossible to get, then you will have to wit and see.

If you have explained the reason for this in your LoE, then it is all up to the discretion of the visa officer.
Dear @legalfalcon and all seniors in this group, as discussed earlier I am in review required for work experience. Please have a look at my gcms in the link provided below and thanks in advance

I have provided a snapshot of my gcms for you guys to have clarity on my case.

Please refer the links below.

https://ibb.co/2yVZyV2
https://ibb.co/SB5v1gC

cooltoad

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
@legalfalcon
Hi I called yesterday to CIC to know the status and the agent told me your file has been transferred outside Canada so he can't help me. My AOR is 25th April and present status is BG in progress. Now I have few doubts
1. Is transferring file outside Canada is considered good or bad
2. Does PNP candidates have an edge over FSW candidates.
3. Usually to which VO they transfer the file
4. When is the right time to order GCMS notes
5. When can I expect my PPR

Thanks in advance

Reactions: djangoboy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

sk1519

Jun 28, 2019
Hey Guys,

My AOR is 11 th april, Biometrics completed on = 6th june, medical passed on 22 nd may. I have IP2 since beginning and I received just one ghost update for when medical was passed. I have not received any updates since then. Is this normal?

I am FSW-O living in US. Just one applicant with not much travel history. any help or guidance would be very helpful.