17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi I called yesterday to CIC to know the status and the agent told me your file has been transferred outside Canada so he can't help me. My AOR is 25th April and present status is BG in progress. Now I have few doubts
1. Is transferring file outside Canada is considered good or bad
2. Does PNP candidates have an edge over FSW candidates.
3. Usually to which VO they transfer the file
4. When is the right time to order GCMS notes
5. When can I expect my PPR

Thanks in advance

Most files are transferred to the LVO for eligibility and final approval.

No, each application is processed based on the program it is applied under.

LVO

70-90 days post AOR

Each application is different and I don't speculate. As long as your application is progressing, you are good.

To read on how an EE application is processed, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Reactions: cooltoad

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey Guys,

My AOR is 11 th april, Biometrics completed on = 6th june, medical passed on 22 nd may. I have IP2 since beginning and I received just one ghost update for when medical was passed. I have not received any updates since then. Is this normal?

I am FSW-O living in US. Just one applicant with not much travel history. any help or guidance would be very helpful.
IP and IP2 is mere speculation based on your MyCIC status. Some applicants see no status update, some receive 4-5 ghost updates.

All application go through the following:

R10
Criminality
MEdicals
Eligibility
Security

See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

m.arsalan

Sep 27, 2013
Hi @legalfalcon I have two questions that I want your opinion at. Kindly guide me in the following matter. TIA

My AOR 5th April 2019, MEP passed 17th May, Biometric done 31st May, ADR (imm5669) requested at 15th May submitted on 17th May.

My application has been going smooth as of now with the above mentioned events.
At the time of submission the CAD to PKR exchange was 105 and I had sufficient funds (above 14K CAD - Bank Balance+Fixed Deposits+Provident fund)
Now the exchange rate is touching 124 therefore leaving the funds significantly less than the required amount.

I have also read your comments that IRCC considers only the Quarterly exchange rates but I want to know if they will ask for an update if it falls below that average?
Secondly the provident fund that I submitted with my application was only a salary slip showing the accumulated Provident fund and a LOE with organizational benefits letter stating that I will get this fund when I shall resign, do you think they will consider this as a POF or not. (at low exchange rates it didn't matter if they would accept it or not but at higher rates they would)

Also suggest if I should raise a CSE to update my POF myself or wait for their ADR?

Thanksalot again.
@legalfalcon waiting for your precious input on this :)

cooltoad

Star Member
Apr 17, 2011
Most files are transferred to the LVO for eligibility and final approval.

No, each application is processed based on the program it is applied under.

LVO

70-90 days post AOR

Each application is different and I don't speculate. As long as your application is progressing, you are good.

To read on how an EE application is processed, see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/
Thanks a lot brother.......

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon hope you doing good . Sorry to disturb u again . Two weeks back I emailed Ottawa office to know status of my application. And got reply that it is currently in queue for review by an officer . What it means ? Is this the RR ? Any interpretation from you will be highly appreciated. Good day

Jun 27, 2019
Hi
Hello @legalfalcon.
It would be very generous of you if you can guide me on below scenario:
My wife had her COPR when we got married and she informed CIC of change in marital status and added me as accompanying spouse. However, our marriage fell apart due to some issues and on receiving passport request letter, she changed my status to non accompanying stating personal reasons. She got her COPR with spouse as non accompanying. Now we are back together, what are our best options?

Can I simply submit my passport with a LOE as request letter is valid till 30th or would it be a good idea to raise a CSE again. In any of this I don't want to risk her PR. I know it sounds stupid but just looking for a way out if any!

Many thanks!!
Hi sir
Could you please suggest what would be my best option?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon! Me again, still waiting after 2 years and 1 month since AOR...
My CSIS notes show that they had sent their recommendation to CBSA on August 2018. (Background checks were initiated in October 2017). The latest CBSA notes I just received show no new news on the activity level, except an entry in April 2019 stating “CSS in progress”. Is it normal for CBSA to take this long to send back the CSIS recommendation to CIC? (11 months now, CSIS took 9 months for their recommendation).

Naveenandtina

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
AOR Received.
19-12-2018
Hello dear @legalfalcon

Can you help me decode the gcms notes. Im a newbie and havent got a confident reply on my gcms notes from other forums yet .

AOR 19 DEC 2018
Primary applicant (Myself) and spouse.
6 Months completed on 19 June 2019.

Fingerprints and RPRF fee is balance to be done.

Im attaching my GCMS relevant portion too for your review.

GCMS RELEVANT SECTION
GCMS Information Request: Application

Request Identifier: A-2019-10202 Requested Date: 05/07/2019
Created Date: 2019/02/20 22:54:57
Created By: BB18252
Updated Date: 2019/02/20 22:54:57
Updated By: BB18252
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: PReVU Verified (applicant information)

NOTES: 3

Created Date: 2019/02/01 06:29:30
Created By: LF01706
Updated Date: 2019/02/01 06:29:45
Updated By: LF01706
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: E00XXXXXX REGULATION: FSW | have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 449 CRS SCORE: 473 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified ----- LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse 1 -English- IELTS and Verified ----- EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided Spouse 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided ----- POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT 3- Bahrain police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- Bahrain police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality ----- AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR ----- DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW----- Client Information

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello dear @legalfalcon

Can you help me decode the gcms notes. Im a newbie and havent got a confident reply on my gcms notes from other forums yet .

AOR 19 DEC 2018
Primary applicant (Myself) and spouse.
6 Months completed on 19 June 2019.

Fingerprints and RPRF fee is balance to be done.

Im attaching my GCMS relevant portion too for your review.

GCMS RELEVANT SECTION
GCMS Information Request: Application

Request Identifier: A-2019-10202 Requested Date: 05/07/2019
Created Date: 2019/02/20 22:54:57
Created By: BB18252
Updated Date: 2019/02/20 22:54:57
Updated By: BB18252
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: PReVU Verified (applicant information)

NOTES: 3

Created Date: 2019/02/01 06:29:30
Created By: LF01706
Updated Date: 2019/02/01 06:29:45
Updated By: LF01706

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: E00XXXXXX REGULATION: FSW | have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 449 CRS SCORE: 473 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified ----- LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant 1 -English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse 1 -English- IELTS and Verified ----- EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided Spouse 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's Degree Foreign credential provided ----- POLICE CERTIFICATE----- Primary Applicant 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- United Arab Emirates police certificate: Provided-NRT 3- Bahrain police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse 1- India police certificate: Provided-NRT 2- Bahrain police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality ----- AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR ----- DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW----- Client Information
This is the R10 note. If this is the only note you have then your eligibility is yet to starts,

To read on the stages of an express entry application see:

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon! Me again, still waiting after 2 years and 1 month since AOR...
My CSIS notes show that they had sent their recommendation to CBSA on August 2018. (Background checks were initiated in October 2017). The latest CBSA notes I just received show no new news on the activity level, except an entry in April 2019 stating “CSS in progress”. Is it normal for CBSA to take this long to send back the CSIS recommendation to CIC? (11 months now, CSIS took 9 months for their recommendation).
It is not. Usually after CSIS sends its report, CBSA wraps up and files the combined report to IRCC, which then makes a final determination.

How many security activities do you see in your CBSA reports.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon hope you doing good . Sorry to disturb u again . Two weeks back I emailed Ottawa office to know status of my application. And got reply that it is currently in queue for review by an officer . What it means ? Is this the RR ? Any interpretation from you will be highly appreciated. Good day
This is a generic reply. Most likely it means that your eligibility has been reviewed by an analyst and the review is now waiting a determination by an officer.

However, to know the exact status, you need to see your GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon.
It would be very generous of you if you can guide me on below scenario:
My wife had her COPR when we got married and she informed CIC of change in marital status and added me as accompanying spouse. However, our marriage fell apart due to some issues and on receiving passport request letter, she changed my status to non accompanying stating personal reasons. She got her COPR with spouse as non accompanying. Now we are back together, what are our best options?

Can I simply submit my passport with a LOE as request letter is valid till 30th or would it be a good idea to raise a CSE again. In any of this I don't want to risk her PR. I know it sounds stupid but just looking for a way out if any!

Many thanks!!
If your spouse has not yet landed, you can send anther CSE to change your status from non-accompanying too accompanying. If your spouse has landed, then your spouse will have to sponsor you.

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
It is not. Usually after CSIS sends its report, CBSA wraps up and files the combined report to IRCC, which then makes a final determination.

How many security activities do you see in your CBSA reports.
If I look under Admissibilities, where the Security title is, there are only 2 activities. One for myself and one for my wife (main applicant). Mine says in progress by cbsa and my wife’s status is not shown. However the dates on both are October 2017. Nothing since.

If I look under the title “Activity”, the last 2 entries were for me and my spouse with our medical status moving from Passed to Not Started - they expired obviously 1 year ago and they haven’t asked us to redo them. After those two activities, at Activity 3 until 10, it’s all titled Security Screening next to “Sub-activity/Activity type:” with the status moving for my wife and I (each separate entries) from “ready to be assessed, to submit, to ready to be assessed, to in progress, to received by CBSA and last one was “in progress by CBSA”.

A year and a half ago I had requested CSIs notes for myself and my wife, my wife’s notes came back that there’s no record of her implying she wasn’t sent to CSS or at least not by csis. For me they said it was under process. What do you think the chances are that 2 years later and after my css was completed they decided to send my wife for css?

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon.Thank you for your advice and help. Can you please review my notes? I am confused about notes 5 and 11. Even though, I answered yes to the statutory questions and stated the reasons (see notes 4, 8, 9, 10). I don't understand notes 5 and 11 and why the answers to those questions were both NO. Thank you so much.

NOTES: 2

Text:

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION#: REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 438 CRS SCORE: 453 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES-------------------- Principal Applicant French -TEF and Met Threshold & Verified English- IELTS & Verified -----EDUCATION------ Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant police certificate: Provided-NRT police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Review Required - Stat Questions -----AGE----- Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DOCUMENTS FOR REVIEW------ Client Enquiry Client Information

NOTES: 4

Office: GCMS-System

Text: Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before ? I Est-ce que vous avez deja fait une demande a Citoyennete et Immigration Canada auparavant?: Y

NOTES: 5

Text: Has this person applied for this service before? I Est-ce que cette personne a fait une demande pour le service auparavant?: N

NOTES: 8

Text: [Refused Refugee Status Details] In 2009, I applied two times for a Canadian study visa but my requests were refused.In 2013, I applied for a Canadian tourist visa and my request was refused as well.

NOTES: 9

Text: [Refused Admission Details] In 2009, I applied two times for a Canadian study visa permit but my requests were refused. In 2013, I applied for a Canadian tourist visa and my request was refused as well.

NOTES: 10

Text: Have you applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before ? / Est-ce que vous avez deja fait une demande a Citoyennete et Immigration Canada auparavant?: Y

NOTES: 11

Text: Has this person applied for this service before? I Est-ce que cette personne a fait une demande pour le service auparavant?: N

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
@legalfalcon please need your advice

My wife is sponsoring me . she was an immigrant 2012 .she hasn't gotten job until now because she has been studying for these years and getting master degree too however , her graduation was week ago . she started to look for job. .
MY QUESTION : Is unemployed sponsor during sponsorship time will cause any kind of delay for the sponsorship process ? we have been 16 months waiting . Shall we send CIC and tell them that she finished studying and she will start look for job ?