+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salam ! Mersi

I raised a CSE 5 days ago.

I was considering calling them, but because of easter holidays and good Friday i postponed it to this Tuesday
It usually takes 1-5 days to get a response for a CSE; You know they can officially refuse to answer a CSE if the application is within the normal processing time (not necessarily always the case however)

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Thank you.

Yes I know they may not consider to answer my CSE. That’s why I have in mind to call. Nowadays it can take up to 15 days for them to reply to CSE though, new trend I’ve noticed for a while.

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
It’s a stressful procedure in general ! Ajale nadarim, but it’s annoying when you compare yourself to others and

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hello Folks,
Do we know what is the definition and forms of ghost update? I recall before i use to receive email that your application is updated, however there is nothing upon logging in.
Today I just did my routine login and I observed a little change under the details column, which is changed to "Updated", but I didn't receive any emails and no new messages or status changes in account either and the status changed back to "Submitted" immediately, it is highly likely that I was daydreaming too as it is another dull rainy day here in Vancouver:)

Reactions: earlybird2019

rajahoomi

May 20, 2018
Hello Folks,
Do we know what is the definition and forms of ghost update? I recall before i use to receive email that your application is updated, however there is nothing upon logging in.
Today I just did my routine login and I observed a little change under the details column, which is changed to "Updated", but I didn't receive any emails and no new messages or status changes in account either and the status changed back to "Submitted" immediately, it is highly likely that I was daydreaming too as it is another dull rainy day here in Vancouver:)
That is exactly the definition of ghost update. You don't necessarily recieve an email.
Also sometimes with ghost updates you actually see changes in your Background status but most people don't notice as they forget what it was before the update. If nothing has changed it is ghost update.
Are you sure it was today? Did you check your account before the weekend? Cause CIC was closed today for holidays...

Also, please share your timeline.

Reactions: ms-nobody

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
That is exactly the definition of ghost update. You don't necessarily recieve an email.
Also sometimes with ghost updates you actually see changes in your Background status but most people don't notice as they forget what it was before the update. If nothing has changed it is ghost update.
Are you sure it was today? Did you check your account before the weekend? Cause CIC was closed today for holidays...

Also, please share your timeline.
Thanks @rajahoomi for quick response, well I did not check my account since sometimes last week, so it is possibly an older ghost:), my timeline is in my signature BTW.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salaam Guys!

Am going to file taxes return, but I'm not sure whether I should use the old SIN or the new one. It makes sense to use the new SIN only if the old SIN is automatically linked to the new one. Could you share what you know about this?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Salaam Guys!

Am going to file taxes return, but I'm not sure whether I should use the old SIN or the new one. It makes sense to use the new SIN only if the old SIN is automatically linked to the new one. Could you share what you know about this?
It seems that the old and new SINs are automatically linked together.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Folks,
Salam,
For EE, I know that usually first ghost update is an indication of passing criminality. I am not sure for you though. Call them and ask

Reactions: ms-nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
It’s a stressful procedure in general ! Ajale nadarim, but it’s annoying when you compare yourself to others and
Hello and welcome.
Don't compare yourself with other nationalities. The processing time for Persians is usually significantly higher than others. The good news though is that CIC recently start processing Persian applicants faster than before.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Nope... Still my ADR (CV/Background uploaded on March 22nd) under review since (ghost update on April 1st)...
I may call them next week to follow up
Salam,
CV at this stage is for the purpose of security. The ghost update that you received is an indication that the officer received your ADR, looked at it and updated your account.
If you are among rare lucky ones, the officer feels satisfied with your ADR and will run only a basic security check, which takes less than a couple of days, passes your security, final review and then ppr.
But, if you are the same as the rest of us, the officer has already sent you for a more enhanced security screening or the so called SS. The good point is that recently CBSA finalizes the security faster than before, but it takes at least another 4-5 months.
To make sure what is going on, call them and specifically ask about your security. You can also order GCMS or CBSA notes to make sure.
Sorry if I don't give good news, but I want to help you plan accordingly if necessary, e.g. apply for BOWP, visa, etc.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I heard the same. I was about to call them and ask about it. Do you know if we need to update our SIN with CRA?
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm told that you don't to do so, as when you get your permanent SIN it is linked to your old SIN and the info is automatically sent to CRA by Service Canada.