+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Thanks for all valuable info.

BTW , you've been selected for interview which I believe is the fastest way to become a landed immigrant as there is no more ppr and mail delivery time etc. Could you please tell how invitation to an interview happened ? ?

I mean what did you see in your account ? right away after a decision made , an email asking you to participate in an interview ?
what was the format and title ? have you been given specific time for interview or you have to schedule it yourself ?
There was a ghost update and I called CIC and they confirmed the application is approved. About 5 days later my application updated and I received an update email. It was an invitation for interview. Few minutes later I received another update and it was another invitation that reschedule the interview few weeks earlier. The title of invitation pdf was confirmation of permanent resident. How ever the copr was not attached and was only invitation and photo instructions.

Last edited:

Marcus12

Jan 12, 2019
Many Congrats!
Sorry to hear that you had trouble at the interview. I blame myself, as I think it was me who suggested that you don't need to take your daughter to the interview. We landed today, and our little daughter was with us. The officer asked us if she is Canadian. That is it.
:)) That was you?! :)) That's fine :D

Congrats to you.

There was another family with 2 children and dressed so casual. Their interview lasts a fraction of ours and was so much friendly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi @Mr_nobody

Good to hear that your BOWP application was withdrawn. I think refunds can take up to 6 weeks to process.
I just raised a web form to withdraw mine, as we landed today.
Many Congratulations! Glad to hear everything is finally done!
How was the landing? What happened to the job offer letter that they were asking?

Reactions: aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I just linked our PR card applications to my account. It was super easy. Thanks again @Mr_nobody
Thanks, I just linked it to my account. It was easy.
You're welcome! The processing time for PR card is much faster these days and usually it only takes 1-2 weeks. In the past, it used to take 1-2 months. Anyways, make sure to check the status of your PR card regularly as they sometimes do not accept the photo that you provided and they request new one

Reactions: Marcus12 and aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks man.
The interview was super smooth! She asked us our passports and CoPRs. That employment letter wasn't for us.
Glad to hear that everything was smooth. It was very surprising that they asked for that sort of letter in the email. anyways, everything is over now!
Congratulations again and enjoy the moment.

Reactions: ms-nobody and aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Glad to hear that everything was smooth. It was very surprising that they asked for that sort of letter in the email. anyways, everything is over now!
Congratulations again and enjoy the moment.
mamnon
Later I realized the office uses a template for invitation letters so that it works for everyone. They just change the date and time. That is why!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Hi all
AOR Feb 23
EE FSW-o from Iran
My application status has been stuck on “we are reviewing your medicals” for over a week now. No BIL yet whatsoever and almost all Feb 2019 have passed medicals and given their biometrics but me. I’m getting anxious and worried. Have raised CSE already with no reply.
What else can I do?

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Hi all
AOR Feb 23
EE FSW-o from Iran
My application status has been stuck on “we are reviewing your medicals” for over a week now. No BIL yet whatsoever and almost all Feb 2019 have passed medicals and given their biometrics but me. I’m getting anxious and worried. Have raised CSE already with no reply.
What else can I do?
Salaam, khosh umadi :)

When did you raise the CSE? You could also call the IRCC call centre at 1 613 944 4000 (check this number on the cic website before calling)

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Salaam, khosh umadi :)

When did you raise the CSE? You could also call the IRCC call centre at 1 613 944 4000 (check this number on the cic website before calling)
Salam ! Mersi

I raised a CSE 5 days ago.

I was considering calling them, but because of easter holidays and good Friday i postponed it to this Tuesday