+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
After reading most of the posts in Montreal thread, I've gathered that they're slow at getting to files but quick to finalize them. May I please ask how long it is that your file has sent to SS?
I don't know the exact start date but the agent said it has started around the time that I submitted the additional documents which was late November. It's been almost 5 months.

Ken_89

Star Member
Mar 20, 2018
Yes. And I’ve been sent for SS and it took 100 days sharp. I had no military service , no red flag countries travel record . nothing.

The only thing I am curious : is it normal that final decision take couple weeks after security and all assessment passed? Or anything We should be worry about?
Unfortunately I don't know the answer to that question but I hope that you get your PPR in the next few days. Your SS has been done really fast so was it the eligibility that take a long time for you?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I called them and they said everything is passed and the case has been sent for SS. So does it mean that once the SS is finished there's no more delays at the visa office? I was hoping to get my visa by June but now it seems to me that even if SS is done in the next few weeks I won't get my visa any time soon because the officer in Montreal is going to need some time to finalize my case.
After SS is done by CBSA, there are several small steps left. Officer applies the results of the security, a final review, and then send to the queue for ppr.
All these steps are small steps and they don't take that much time from the person, but the problem is that they don't pick up the files that easily. I still don't know in which order they pick up the file to work on. I have seen rare cases who waited for final review for a couple of months as the officer didn't pick his file! Usually though it is less than that and once your security is done, they finalize it soon.
@soheilhs It is normal and there is nothing that you can do about it except waiting. Hope the officer picks your file soon and finalizes it

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I raised a CSE 8 days ago and I received a response today. If you raised a CSE recently, hang in there, it seems they are busy these days.

Reactions: aasaf

soheilhs

Sep 16, 2016
After SS is done by CBSA, there are several small steps left. Officer applies the results of the security, a final review, and then send to the queue for ppr.
All these steps are small steps and they don't take that much time from the person, but the problem is that they don't pick up the files that easily. I still don't know in which order they pick up the file to work on. I have seen rare cases who waited for final review for a couple of months as the officer didn't pick his file! Usually though it is less than that and once your security is done, they finalize it soon.
@soheilhs It is normal and there is nothing that you can do about it except waiting. Hope the officer picks your file soon and finalizes it
bebin un ruze lanati biad ye shirini behet midam ;)

Reactions: Mr_nobody and aasaf

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Then make sure you'll receive all outstanding benefits during the year. Have you checked your CRA account after you got your new SIN?
Thanks for reminder. Actually that is my problem. I received a notice of assessment and some tax returns with old sin number. Then, in the middle of sin number renewal, I received a notice of reassessment. That is why I was trying to call them to see what is going on

Reactions: aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Thanks for reminder. Actually that is my problem. I received a notice of assessment and some tax returns with old sin number. Then, in the middle of sin number renewal, I received a notice of reassessment. That is why I was trying to call them to see what is going on
It's OK. Don't worry about that. The new assessment shouldn't differ from the old one, right? Can you still log in your CRA account?

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
bebin un ruze lanati biad ye shirini behet midam ;)
Agha soheil aziz, man ke az khodame biad, kheily kheily khoshhal misham :)
Agha miad... diro zod dare vali sokhto sooz nadare. Be manam shirini bede
khosham miad honar nazde Iranian ast b bas. Ali ghat shoma ham to abe gel alood mahi begir :D

ba kamale meyl. felan kheili ziad nervous hastam. age ta jomeh nayad dobare miram pishe MP migam zang bezane.
Soheil jan, Government employees were on holidays for 4 days for Easter. It's not hard to imagine a lot of them took some extra days off to go on a vacation. I think things are going to be slow this week.
If you called them though, ask if there is any deadline on your file (that is the day that there is a big chance the officer picks up your file) and ask them what has left that the officer didn't finalize immediately after SS.

Reactions: soheilhs and aasaf