+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Agha soheil aziz, man ke az khodame biad, kheily kheily khoshhal misham :)

khosham miad honar nazde Iranian ast b bas. Ali ghat shoma ham to abe gel alood mahi begir :D

Soheil jan, Government employees were on holidays for 4 days for Easter. It's not hard to imagine a lot of them took some extra days off to go on a vacation. I think things are going to be slow this week.
If you called them though, ask if there is any deadline on your file (that is the day that there is a big chance the officer picks up your file) and ask them what has left that the officer didn't finalize immediately after SS.
Ma mokhlese Agha @Mr_nobody ham hastim

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
hmmm... strange! Is the new one a better assessment?
Well, Technically yes, I received some money back! So, I am happy about it. But, I am not sure if I did something wrong or if they did something wrong. I got reassessed multiple times in the last cpl of years. I wanna know if there is a problem

Reactions: aasaf

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Well, Technically yes, I received some money back! So, I am happy about it. But, I am not sure if I did something wrong or if they did something wrong. I got reassessed multiple times in the last cpl of years. I wanna know if there is a problem
There's no mistake at all. Well, it makes sense that tax return for Permanent Residents differ from others. The only thing you may be asked later is to send some supporting documents.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Does the main difference regards the tuition fees that you had been paying for your university?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
There's no mistake at all. Well, it makes sense that tax return for Permanent Residents differ from others. The only thing you may be asked later is to send some supporting documents.
No PR does not have any effect on the amount of income tax that a person pays.
Does the main difference regards the tuition fees that you had been paying for your university?
I am not sure. I still have some unused tuition amount. But, I don't know if they are related or not.

Reactions: aasaf

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Reply to my CSE

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application for permanent residence.

Since it was received on February 23, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Reply to my CSE

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application for permanent residence.

Since it was received on February 23, 2019, it is still within regular processing times.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
This is probably a generic response. @Diana1313, given your timeline it is too soon to worry about anything. No matter how many times you contact them, you won't receive any info as they probably haven't worked on your file that much. Most probably they just checked the completeness of your application. What I recommend you is to wait until around 3-4 months of aor, then order notes to see what is going n with your application and which stage you are at.

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Thanks @aasaf , managed to call them eventually, however their beautiful system was down and i have been advised to call them tomorrow. will keep the forum updated.
@aasaf @Mr_nobody , finally managed to talk to agent today, he could not clear the reason about ghost update to my profile, he mentioned everything is in order and I am in progress, they received my additional documents and nothing pending, he mentioned there is a 20 months delay in the system and I am within timeline and should expect to get it by 31 August 2020 ! I asked my visa office and he said CIO-Sydney which sounds strange to me as I am in land and assumed my visa office should be somewhere within Canada! he did not mentioned about SS however maybe I am in it anyway.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
@aasaf @Mr_nobody , finally managed to talk to agent today, he could not clear the reason about ghost update to my profile, he mentioned everything is in order and I am in progress, they received my additional documents and nothing pending, he mentioned there is a 20 months delay in the system and I am within timeline and should expect to get it by 31 August 2020 ! I asked my visa office and he said CIO-Sydney which sounds strange to me as I am in land and assumed my visa office should be somewhere within Canada! he did not mentioned about SS however maybe I am in it anyway.
Just be patient. As said, sokhoto sooz nadare :)
BTW, CIO-Sydney is not in Australia, it is in Nova Scotia.

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I could finally NETFILE my T1 tax return form. I'd like to share with you guys the lessons I learned:

(1) Make sure your old SIN is linked to your permanent one. To do so, call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.
The reason why I wasn't able to NETFILE my T1 tax return was that the CRA didn't have my new SIN number. So, I had two choices: either mail my tax return documents to CRA or call them to make sure that they already have my new SIN.
Another reason why you need to make sure about this is that your old SIN is on your tax forms, e.g., T4s.

(2) You may also need to sign up in CRA My Account with your new SIN. You have to wait for a while to get a so-called PIN/code (whatever). Then, you can log in your account and download your assessment notes.

Last edited: