h.Canada

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Aww thank gosh :)
Thanks! I hope so too.
Could you share when your security screening started? Thanks.
It was started in the middle of March 2019. The final decision took over 2 months. They sent ppr email on Dec 4th but we didn’t received it! So they resent it on Dec 31.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks a lot Mr. Nobody, it seems that both cases are out if my hands since I provided all documents based on the truth, cross finger everything ends well and short in my case.
No, there is something you can do. Make sure that the job experience letter you provided has all the info that they require (e.g. time, salary, number of hours, benefits, duties, etc.). If there is anything that you didn't include in the letter, prepare a new one and send them right away.

You may also want to order notes. There you can see what is going on with your application. See the links in my signature.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Shadima
I read your posts. Have you tried emailing them why you haven't received the notes yet? If it is taking too long, you can even order a new one. It is like a gamble. There is a chance you are going to receive the new one earlier (one month deadline)

Also, I saw in your signarure that webform mentioned your eligibility is under process. Are you sure they used the term "eligibility"? or did they use :background"? Are you sure you haven't been sent for RR?

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
@Shadima
I read your posts. Have you tried emailing them why you haven't received the notes yet? If it is taking too long, you can even order a new one. It is like a gamble. There is a chance you are going to receive the new one earlier (one month deadline)

Also, I saw in your signarure that webform mentioned your eligibility is under process. Are you sure they used the term "eligibility"? or did they use :background"? Are you sure you haven't been sent for RR?
Thanks for your message.
Yes, I emailed them in late December and their response was that they've contacted IRCC and will get back to me when they get a response.
But ordering another notes would be a good idea. Do you think if I should order again GCMS or CBSA or CSIS?

And about my eligibility status, below is the exact response to my webform.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
  • The security background verification is in process.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Although the medical examination was expired at the end of Nov 2019 and its status changed to you don't need a medical exam.
BTW, by RR you mean "review required"? What part of the application will be assess in RR stage? What would happen if they've sent my application for RR? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for your message.
Yes, I emailed them in late December and their response was that they've contacted IRCC and will get back to me when they get a response.
But ordering another notes would be a good idea. Do you think if I should order again GCMS or CBSA?

And about my eligibility status, below is the exact response to my webform.
  • The medical examination results on file are valid.
  • The security background verification is in process.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
  • The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
Although the medical examination was expired at the end of Nov 2019 and its status changed to you don't need a medical exam.
BTW, by RR you mean "review required"? What part of the application will be assess in RR stage? What would happen if they've sent my application for RR? Thanks.
The response is a template email, and doesn't include that much useful info.

Ordering another notes is gamble. There is a chance that they will give you the new one soon (one month deadline) or they will again postpone it for another 3 months. It is a gamble. In case you want to take the rist, this time order CBSA notes, as you are probably uder SS.

Yes, by RR, I meant review required. So, in checking the eligibility, there are times that the case analysit can't verify your document or your document is not complete enough, etc. In those cases, the case analyst sends your file for review by seniors. This is where things get messy. Because, it goes out of the usual route of the process. And God knows how long it takes for the sentiors to check it again. You don't want to get yourself in that trouble.

If you had gotten your notes, you could easily see if your eligibility is passed or not. There is also another way. Try to call them and specifically ask them about your eligibility.

Note that the meaning of eligibility is different in GCMS notes from the CSE. In GCMS note, eligibility means the steps where they ckeck your documnts such as job experience, language, University credentials, etc and if you have all the conditions they pass you. This is also the same as what people use on these forums. However, when you raise a CSE to ask about the progress of your application, they refrain to tell you that you passed eligibility. In fact, they consider criminality and security as part of eligibility sicne they believe that if a person does not pass the criminlaity, that person is not eligible to get PR.

Reactions: Shadima

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
The response is a template email, and doesn't include that much useful info.

Ordering another notes is gamble. There is a chance that they will give you the new one soon (one month deadline) or they will again postpone it for another 3 months. It is a gamble. In case you want to take the rist, this time order CBSA notes, as you are probably uder SS.

Yes, by RR, I meant review required. So, in checking the eligibility, there are times that the case analysit can't verify your document or your document is not complete enough, etc. In those cases, the case analyst sends your file for review by seniors. This is where things get messy. Because, it goes out of the usual route of the process. And God knows how long it takes for the sentiors to check it again. You don't want to get yourself in that trouble.

If you had gotten your notes, you could easily see if your eligibility is passed or not. There is also another way. Try to call them and specifically ask them about your eligibility.

Note that the meaning of eligibility is different in GCMS notes from the CSE. In GCMS note, eligibility means the steps where they ckeck your documnts such as job experience, language, University credentials, etc and if you have all the conditions they pass you. This is also the same as what people use on these forums. However, when you raise a CSE to ask about the progress of your application, they refrain to tell you that you passed eligibility. In fact, they consider criminality and security as part of eligibility sicne they believe that if a person does not pass the criminlaity, that person is not eligible to get PR.
Thanks again for your informative response.

Every time I called them, I specifically asked about eligibility but they just responded that it's being processed. What exactly should I ask to get an answer? :(

And since Sep 2019 I think they don't answer a call from outside of Canada regarding PR applications. I know there are apps that can be used to hide my number but doesn't that mean that I'm pretending to call from inside the country although I've never stepped in the country? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mr_nobody

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018

Every time I called them, I specifically asked about eligibility but they just responded that it's being processed. What exactly should I ask to get an answer? :(

And since Sep 2019 I think they don't answer a call from outside of Canada regarding PR applications. I know there are apps that can be used to hide my number but doesn't that mean that I'm pretending to call from inside the country although I've never stepped in the country? :rolleyes:
I do not know if it would help you or not. I did not receive my GCMS note after 100 days and I did request for the CSIS note and after two weeks I recieved my GCMS note.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018

Then I am afraid you are under RR. You definitely need to have GCMS or CBSA notes.

For phone calls, don't worry that much. Everyone from around the world does the same thing.

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Then I am afraid you are under RR. You definitely need to have GCMS or CBSA notes.

For phone calls, don't worry that much. Everyone from around the world does the same thing.
I’ve ordered CBSA notes. Will find out when get the notes. Do you think that my SS could haven’t been initiated yet if my profile is under RR? And have you heard any similar case that got rejected under RR? Thanks.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Monica68

May 28, 2019
Canada
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
April 2019
Med's Done....
June 2019
hey guys , i ordered GCMS notes and as of Nov 23, 2019 my application progress is as follow
ADR: April 25, 019
Medical passed: june 04
Recommendation: review required june 04
Recommendation: recommned passed Oct 02
criminiality in progress
Security not started
Based on your experince how long we should wait unitl PPR?
It's more than 8 months ! and it's frustrating :|