+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Dear Friends,

Just to give an update, I received my Passport and COPR documents today. It took almost 22 days from the day I posted my documents to Canada until I received them back. I updated my signature based on the updated info in my application profile. I just wanted to thank you all again for your help and support. Special thanks goes to Mr_Nobody :D I appreciate your patience in answering all our questions.
I wish everyone a quick and smooth PPR ;)
Congratulation :), thankfully you have enough time on your hand for planing. Definitely one month deadline would be really challenging for anyone to get all his/her ducks in a row.

Reactions: Eternity87

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear Friends,

Just to give an update, I received my Passport and COPR documents today. It took almost 22 days from the day I posted my documents to Canada until I received them back. I updated my signature based on the updated info in my application profile. I just wanted to thank you all again for your help and support. Special thanks goes to Mr_Nobody :D I appreciate your patience in answering all our questions.
I wish everyone a quick and smooth PPR ;)
Congratulation for COPR. I am so happy to be able to help.
I wish you a smooth landing and happy holidays :).

Aug 15, 2019
Dear friends,

Is there anybody who received request to provide contact details of customers in the company which you are working. They also requested military service detail as well.

Last edited:

Amy2000_2019

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Dear friends,

Is there anybody who received request to provide contact details of customers in the company which you are working. They also requested military service detail as well.
I was asked for IELTS. I think asking for additional document is normal and does not mean anything special. The only thing I know according to my personal experience, by asking any additional documents, the process gets slower. This is what has happened to me.

Armank90

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Category........
PNP
Hey guys, my application timeline is as follows. does anyone have any idea in what stage my application is and why the additional documents' status is "Not Applicable"?

AOR: October 30
ADR (Schedule A): Nov 19
Medical passed: Nov 28
RPRF payment request: Nov 29 (was paid and the receipt was uploaded the same day)
Biometric enrolment request: Nov 29
Biometric done: Dec 10 (profile updated and details of given biometrics added to mycic profile the same day)

(After uploading the RPRF receipt, the status of additional documents changed to no need, and a few days later to not applicable.)

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear friends,

I was asked for IELTS. I think asking for additional document is normal and does not mean anything special. The only thing I know according to my personal experience, by asking any additional documents, the process gets slower. This is what has happened to me.
Hello,

Yes, I have seen they ask these info especially if you were self-employed. They may even contact those customers to verify your job experience.These are all part of the eligibility step. It is extremely important that you make sure they could verify your job experience letter. Otherwise, they will send your doc for Review by seniors, which delayes your application forever! Read the links in my signature for more info.

The military service info is another story and is for security purposes. They request this from 90% of male applicants from Iran and you probably will go through SS. It also takes a lot of time, but unlike the previous one, there is nothing that you can do.

Reactions: Omidmoradi1970

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hey guys, my application timeline is as follows. does anyone have any idea in what stage my application is and why the additional documents' status is "Not Applicable"?

AOR: October 30
ADR (Schedule A): Nov 19
Medical passed: Nov 28
RPRF payment request: Nov 29 (was paid and the receipt was uploaded the same day)
Biometric enrolment request: Nov 29
Biometric done: Dec 10 (profile updated and details of given biometrics added to mycic profile the same day)

(After uploading the RPRF receipt, the status of additional documents changed to no need, and a few days later to not applicable.)
The status of additional doc usually changes to NA, unless you get another ADR. That is normal. Don't worry.

Reactions: Armank90
Aug 15, 2019
Hello,

Yes, I have seen they ask these info especially if you were self-employed. They may even contact those customers to verify your job experience.These are all part of the eligibility step. It is extremely important that you make sure they could verify your job experience letter. Otherwise, they will send your doc for Review by seniors, which delayes your application forever! Read the links in my signature for more info.

The military service info is another story and is for security purposes. They request this from 90% of male applicants from Iran and you probably will go through SS. It also takes a lot of time, but unlike the previous one, there is nothing that you can do.
Thanks a lot Mr. Nobody, it seems that both cases are out if my hands since I provided all documents based on the truth, cross finger everything ends well and short in my case.

Reactions: Mr_nobody

h.Canada

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Hello friends,
Today we got the PPR email after over 1 year. Just a question, do you know how long the process of getting pr card takes after receiving passports by them? Should we book an appointment for landing or we can do landing anytime? We are going to land in Vancouver.

Last edited:

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello friends,
Today we got the PPR email after over 2 year. Just a question, do you know how long the process of getting pr card takes after receiving passports by them? Should we book an appointment for landing or we can do landing anytime? We are going to land in Vancouver.
WOW Congrats!
After two years since you submitted your documents (AOR)? Could you share your timeline? I submitted my application Dec 2018 and it's been one year since then. But waiting for two years is unbelievable o_O

h.Canada

Nov 21, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
WOW Congrats!
After two years since you submitted your documents (AOR)? Could you share your timeline? I submitted my application Dec 2018 and it's been one year since then. But waiting for two years is unbelievable o_O
Thanks. Sorry for scaring you it was 1 year. It is corrected now Our AOR was Dec 18 as well. Hopefully you get yours in the very early of 2020.

Reactions: Shadima

Shadima

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks. Sorry for scaring you it was 1 year. It is corrected now Our AOR was Dec 18 as well. Hopefully you get yours in the very early of 2020.
Aww thank gosh :)
Thanks! I hope so too.
Could you share when your security screening started? Thanks.