+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
No, it was requested by cic.
It is not marked as optional and i guess it is mandatory.
What is the number of cic?
Sorry, I have never heard of such things in past.
The only way they share your info is through GCMS and ATI

This is the phone number: 1-888-242-2100

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
First of all, it seems that the ghost update was regarding your ADR. They were working on your file. So, I am not sure if your criminality has anything to do with this ghost update or not

Yes CV is for security. The officer checks your CV, you will get another ghost update and then if he is not satisfied, which is usually the case, he will send your case to SS.

There is no way to predict how long it takes as it is case by case, but the regular trend shows that it is done in 4-5 months.
I got another ghost update today as you predicted!
I was wondering what would be the best way to find out if they've sent my application to SS? I ordered new GCMS notes about 30 days ago; however, a few days ago, I received an email and I quote "in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution."
So, it seems like I am not going to receive the notes for now. Also, I am not sure if the notes are updated based on the current status of my application as I ordered them a month ago (way before getting the ADR). I was thinking about contacting them through the web form; however, since I submitted one form about two weeks ago, I am not sure if submitting multiple forms in such a short period of time is recommended or not? o_O Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I got another ghost update today as you predicted!
I was wondering what would be the best way to find out if they've sent my application to SS? I ordered new GCMS notes about 30 days ago; however, a few days ago, I received an email and I quote "in accordance with the Access to Information Act, an extension of 90 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution."
So, it seems like I am not going to receive the notes for now. Also, I am not sure if the notes are updated based on the current status of my application as I ordered them a month ago (way before getting the ADR). I was thinking about contacting them through the web form; however, since I submitted one form about two weeks ago, I am not sure if submitting multiple forms in such a short period of time is recommended or not? o_O Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions!
Then maybe I should open up my fortune telling business :D :D :D
Well, you can wait for a couple of weeks, if you didn't receive your ppr, then most probably you are under SS.
For your GCMS notes, yeah sometimes they postpone it to a later date, but as you guessed, they only release the info up to the date that you ordered the notes, which is before your ADR. So, I don't think that is going to be much helpful for you.
Your other option is to apply for a new GCMS notes, which cancels the previous one. You might get this one faster if they release it in one month period. Even better, you can order CBSA notes, which is the same as GCMS but without redaction.The only thing is that I would say wait for a month then order CBSA, in case they just sent the file. Otherwise, I am afraid CBSA tells you that they haven't received it yet.
About the CSE that you submitted, I don't think that is very much useful. Usually,they just send template responses and they won't tell you the details such as SS, etc.

Reactions: Eternity87

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Then maybe I should open up my fortune telling business :D :D :D
You surely should do it ;)

One last question! I did my medical back in January (Jan. 11, 2019) and passed it in March (March 15, 2019). If I am lucky to get the PPR before January, what's the usual deadline for landing? I've googled and found some people saying that we need to land before expiration of the medical tests (I am not sure if they consider Jan. 11 or March 15).
So, let's say someone's medical expiration date is in Jan 2020; if they get the PPR sometime in December 2019, does it mean they are only granted 1 month for landing? I am afraid such tight deadlines are not doable for people like me as we need to make lots of arrangements to ensure our F-1 student status is going to be maintained properly before leaving US :eek: (I am talking as if my PR approval is on the way :D But, the thing is that I just want to be proactive in case I need to leave here earlier than I planned for).

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
You surely should do it ;)

One last question! I did my medical back in January (Jan. 11, 2019) and passed it in March (March 15, 2019). If I am lucky to get the PPR before January, what's the usual deadline for landing? I've googled and found some people saying that we need to land before expiration of the medical tests (I am not sure if they consider Jan. 11 or March 15).
So, let's say someone's medical expiration date is in Jan 2020; if they get the PPR sometime in December 2019, does it mean they are only granted 1 month for landing? I am afraid such tight deadlines are not doable for people like me as we need to make lots of arrangements to ensure our F-1 student status is going to be maintained properly before leaving US :eek: (I am talking as if my PR approval is on the way :D But, the thing is that I just want to be proactive in case I need to leave here earlier than I planned for).
Well, that is true, the COPR that they issue is valid either for one year or up to expiry of the medicals. However, before they finalize your case, the officer will review everything one more time. Depending on the situation, one of these might happen: 1- they will issue your copr up to your expiry date, only if there is enough time. 2- They will send you for remedical 3- they will extend the validity of your medical for one more year automatically, which gives you enough time for landing. However, I don't know what is their process for choosing what they are going to do with your case.

Reactions: Eternity87
Aug 24, 2019
First of all , @Mr_nobody and other guys that I know, I really miss you guys , been pretty busy with business and so on. But the good news is on the way. I'll be here more often.

Back to the question. how many co-founders? how many of you are identified as an essential member ?

If either essential member is going to withdraw from the team or his interest in the startup and that is before final decision by IRCC, then you have to inform IRCC and msot likely all other application will be refused. This is also the case when an essential member found inadmissible by IRCC or does not meet the requirement, the rest of application will be refused.

If any of you identified non-essential in the commitment certificate, whether or not you yourself withdraw, or found inadmissible , this would not affect to the rest of the team.

If you want to stop working with the team before become a Permanent resident, ( when you have PPR, you still consider foreign national ) You have to inform IRCC about it otherwise it could be interpret to withholding the material fact and subject to S(40) and even if you obtain PR or even your citizenship status, if IRCC find it , they can revoke it.

My advice to you guys is to try to solve the issue with your team. if thats not a case anymore, inform the IRCC about it and see whats their decision.

thank you for your answer, we are still waiting for the applications to finish. At the time we are not going to change the structure of the start-up since our lawyers told us the same thing(it would kill the applications).
What would happen if we receive our PR and and then proceed to co-founder resignation? Does this make any future problem for us, even if we have our PR in hand?

Niloofargandomkar

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Well, that is true, the COPR that they issue is valid either for one year or up to expiry of the medicals. However, before they finalize your case, the officer will review everything one more time. Depending on the situation, one of these might happen: 1- they will issue your copr up to your expiry date, only if there is enough time. 2- They will send you for remedical 3- they will extend the validity of your medical for one more year automatically, which gives you enough time for landing. However, I don't know what is their process for choosing what they are going to do with your case.
Hi Mr. Nobody

Do you think racing webform is safe?

Since I heared when we raise webform, they will stop checking our file until they reply our webform

Is it right???

StarWar2018

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
to be ho
Is it safe to send a webform?
Since as far as I know my brother's background statue say: he is in IP1 stage
I do not think profile status shows the real status of your application. my background status was the same from the first day of submission.
To be honest, I have not sent any webform. Most of the people get template response after sending webform especially when they are still in normal processing time. calling them is the best and quickest option (in my opinion).

Reactions: Mr_nobody