+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
Hello friends,

I checked my EE profile today and (in the main page), the "current status" section of my PR application was changed to "profile updated/open". However, when I clicked on "check full application status", nothing was changed regarding my current status details and there was in fact no updates! (eligibility still under review, background check processing, blah blah blah...)

I logged out of my account and logged in again and this time under "current status", it was changed from "profile updated" to "submitted" again. Do you know if it means there has been an update to my profile although it is not reflected anywhere? Thanks!!!

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
Hello friends,

I checked my EE profile today and (in the main page), the "current status" section of my PR application was changed to "profile updated/open". However, when I clicked on "check full application status", nothing was changed regarding my current status details and there was in fact no updates! (eligibility still under review, background check processing, blah blah blah...)

I logged out of my account and logged in again and this time under "current status", it was changed from "profile updated" to "submitted" again. Do you know if it means there has been an update to my profile although it is not reflected anywhere? Thanks!!!
Congrats :) this is a ghost update which is a good sign. I recall I got one few days before getting ADR. Have you called them to ask about it?

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Hello friends,

People call this phenomena as GHOST UPDATE, and this happens when there is some sort of update on your application, please share your timeline to get more accurate feedback,

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
People call this phenomena as GHOST UPDATE, and this happens when there is some sort of update on your application, please share your timeline to get more accurate feedback,
Thanks for the reply! My timeline is in my signature (based on my last GCMS notes/form inquiry in September)

e-AOR Date: 2/2/2019 (FSW-outland)
Medical: Passed
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: In progress
Security: Not started

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello friends,

It seems your criminality is passed. So, one step closer to PPR :)

Reactions: Eternity87

Eternity87

Aug 20, 2019
I just got a CV/Resume request and I submitted it. Does it mean my security screening is about to start? Or, has it already started? I was thinking maybe after going over the CV, they decide if they want to send someone to the SS or not; does it work like that?

Given the fact that they asked for additional documents (CV), can someone still expect a screening time less than 4-5 months? Sorry for asking too many questions today :)

Last edited:

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I just got a CV/Resume request and I submitted it. Does it mean my security screening is about to start? Or, has it already started? I was thinking maybe after going over the CV, they decide if they want to send someone to the SS or not; does it work like that?

Given the fact that they asked for additional documents (CV), can someone still expect a screening time less than 4-5 months? Sorry for asking too many questions today :)
First of all, it seems that the ghost update was regarding your ADR. They were working on your file. So, I am not sure if your criminality has anything to do with this ghost update or not

Yes CV is for security. The officer checks your CV, you will get another ghost update and then if he is not satisfied, which is usually the case, he will send your case to SS.

There is no way to predict how long it takes as it is case by case, but the regular trend shows that it is done in 4-5 months.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

one general question: is the process faster for Iranian express entries in 2019?
It depends on what you are comparing against.
1- The process of Persians is longer compared to other nationalities.
2- Still, the majority of Iranian are sent to SS
3- It seems the processing of SS is faster than before for all nationalities. That is why you may see some shorter timelines than before.

roghi

Aug 5, 2019
Hi everyone,
I have been requested to fill and send one form for the authority to release my info to my sister as i have requested to do so.
But the form has one section which i dont know how to fill.
It says if you have submitted your documents, where is your visa office?
What should i write? How can i know about it? Provided that i have only 5 days to submit.
Please help me if you know.
Thanks,

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have been requested to fill and send one form for the authority to release my info to my sister as i have requested to do so.
But the form has one section which i dont know how to fill.
It says if you have submitted your documents, where is your visa office?
What should i write? How can i know about it? Provided that i have only 5 days to submit.
Please help me if you know.
Thanks,
Are you applying for GCMS notes?
Is it a mandatory field?

You can call CIC and check where is your visa office?