+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ppr to copr timeline

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Hi everyone,

I recieved my ppr request letter on july 10th and I sent it the same day. They recievd it on july 12th.

How long will it take for passport to come back? Anyone else can share their timeline?

Im leaving on vacation on august 14th so im a little worried about it. Hopefully it gets back to me on time.

Thanks

argieargie

Feb 1, 2017
People keep saying that you'll get it back within 2 weeks, but mine has been sent for 26 days and I still haven't heard anything. They're getting much more workload now apparently, it's hard to say. But if your passport has been sent to other visa offices instead of Ottawa, you'll get it much faster.

Last edited:

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Oh.. mine is gone to ottawa. Im planning to send them a copy of travel itenary with explanation letter hopefully that might speed up my process?

canadaPR_Lipi

Jun 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I recieved my ppr request letter on july 10th and I sent it the same day. They recievd it on july 12th.

How long will it take for passport to come back? Anyone else can share their timeline?

Im leaving on vacation on august 14th so im a little worried about it. Hopefully it gets back to me on time.

Thanks
I am also in same boat as you. My travel date is 9th Aug, Ottawa office received our passports on 24th July. I have sent a priority request, but not sure how it works. got an automated mail, saying too much queries coming these days it may take longer time to respond to your query.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
How did you send a priority request? I was thinking of emailing them my itenary and maybe that would help..

canadaPR_Lipi

Jun 23, 2017
sent an email to cic email address which was mentioned in PPR mail. received an automated acknowledgement.not sure if they check our emails or not.

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
How do you know its been taking three weeks? Tomorrow will be three weeks for me yet no passport update...

sidstarboy

Aug 4, 2017
I sent my passport on July 10 reached CPC Ottawa on July 12. It's been like 23 days and I have not yet received any update on my passport status. My friend's got their passport in exact 2 weeks. I guess there's been some delay in July processing time.

canadaPR_Lipi

Jun 23, 2017
I sent my passport on July 10 reached CPC Ottawa on July 12. It's been like 23 days and I have not yet received any update on my passport status. My friend's got their passport in exact 2 weeks. I guess there's been some delay in July processing time.
lost hope. I am going to cancel my tickets.

canadaPR_Lipi

Jun 23, 2017
hey just received my passports.Visa officer read my email yesterday and sent thru overnight priority courier. But it's too late now..tickets are already cancelled and had to bear huge cancellation charges :(

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
hey just received my passports.Visa officer read my email yesterday and sent thru overnight priority courier. But it's too late now..tickets are already cancelled and had to bear huge cancellation charges :(
Congrats on the PR and sorry about the tickets

umssyed

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
I waited the last minute to cancel tickets. Luckily I got the confirmation that PP is on the way hopefullty ill be able to perform the landing process before I fly out.