Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hey Guys, I am writing to encourage everyone never to give up, be patient. I got AOR in Feb 2019 for my first ECE which was rejected in Dec 2019 for not including my job descriptions. I reapplied and got AOR Jan 5, 2020. No major updates since then except passed medicals on August 31, 2020. I got the COPR today Oct 7, 2020. It wasn't easy, I was frustrated many times waiting but finally. I am in land by the way
Congratulations.... really happy to hear this.
Like you said, I am trying to keep positive, it is taking time, but our effort will not be in vain,
I strongly believe in one coming day we will all congratulate each one other inchallah.

All the best.

TTG

Sep 22, 2020
Selling your house and quitting your job before receiving COPR is pretty stupid. Getting an ITA is not a guarantee for receiving PR.
I think insulting people is not going to be productive at all. I have made some difficult professional decisions during the last 12 months and unfortunately they have been ‘stupid’ decisions in retrospect. Unfortunately the pandemic has made all our lives difficult and planning and time lines that would have worked well in 2019 did not in 2020 (now we dont know if it will even happen this year or the next)

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I think insulting people is not going to be productive at all. I have made some difficult professional decisions during the last 12 months and unfortunately they have been ‘stupid’ decisions in retrospect. Unfortunately the pandemic has made all our lives difficult and planning and time lines that would have worked well in 2019 did not in 2020 (now we dont know if it will even happen this year or the next)
I would not call anyone "stup*d" since it's not a very nice way to express opinions. However, cutting all means of stable settlement in the native country before any concrete decision or finalization was made is eventually a reckless move. I myself have been waiting for updates on my application and at the same time have to work to earn money for living even though it's really heart-wrenching for me to step out of my door every morning and get stuck in the middle of heavy traffic on my way back home every evening. Nevertheless, it only being patience that counts.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Hi I am just wondering if anyone knows if there a difference in process for inland and outland applications. For outland I know we get PPR but do we only get COPR when we land in Canada at the airport? We won't get COPR sent to us before we enter the country?

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I would not call anyone "stup*d" since it's not a very nice way to express opinions. However, cutting all means of stable settlement in the native country before any concrete decision or finalization was made is eventually a reckless move. I myself have been waiting for updates on my application and at the same time have to work to earn money for living even though it's really heart-wrenching for me to step out of my door every morning and get stuck in the middle of heavy traffic on my way back home every evening. Nevertheless, it only being patience that counts.
Nobody knows each person's individual situation and to judge and call people stupid or reckless is both unkind and unhelpful. As a Registered Nurse having previously worked in Canada, so having Canadian work experience, full Canadian licensure/education and a full-time job offer alongside a provincial nomination would require something pretty drastic to happen to be refused residency.

When people have job offers in place the employer will not wait forever so when PR is approved many people need to then travel as soon as possible and have the equity ready to go from a property sale. Waiting potentially 6+ months for a property sale before being able to actually travel and start a job is not realistic. So let's all be respectful of each other, everyone is stressed and everyone is in a different position, so let's not make blanket statements thinking the same situation applies to everyone, because it doesn't!

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Nobody knows each person's individual situation and to judge and call people stupid or reckless is both unkind and unhelpful. As a Registered Nurse having previously worked in Canada, so having Canadian work experience, full Canadian licensure/education and a full-time job offer alongside a provincial nomination would require something pretty drastic to happen to be refused residency.

When people have job offers in place the employer will not wait forever so when PR is approved many people need to then travel as soon as possible and have the equity ready to go from a property sale. Waiting potentially 6+ months for a property sale before being able to actually travel and start a job is not realistic. So let's all be respectful of each other, everyone is stressed and everyone is in a different position, so let's not make blanket statements thinking the same situation applies to everyone, because it doesn't!
Well said.

Some people think selling a house is like selling an ice cream...

baarsaam

Dec 13, 2019
Guys, what will happen if IRCC decides to revoke all PR applications before some certain date? What can we possibly do?

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Guys, what will happen if IRCC decides to revoke all PR applications before some certain date? What can we possibly do?
I don't think they will , if they revoke that would means refund all the revoked applications as well , in a time of an economic crisis it is just not happening, plus with all the regular draws IRCC is carrying , nothing points towards a revocation.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
I don't think they will , if they revoke that would means refund all the revoked applications as well , in a time of an economic crisis it is just not happening, plus with all the regular draws IRCC is carrying , nothing points towards a revocation.
Well, last time they did something similar back to 2012 when they cancelled many pending FSW applications in order to get rid of the backlog. However, I would not worry about that now as they keep inviting new FSW applicant to apply via Express Entry.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Well, last time they did something similar back to 2012 when they cancelled many pending FSW applications in order to get rid of the backlog. However, I would not worry about that now as they keep inviting new FSW applicant to apply via Express Entry.
Omg I just googled it , they cancelled applications for 100 000 individuals including dependents at the time , this is just crazy considering the possibility exists even if slightly as they have done it before, but back then applications were taking years to be processed.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
Omg I just googled it , they cancelled applications for 100 000 individuals including dependents at the time , this is just crazy considering the possibility exists even if slightly as they have done it before, but back then applications were taking years to be processed.
But that was before Express Entry in its current point based form came into place right? If they are actually thinking of something like this now wouldn’t they stop the draws in the first place?