+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
I know my heart sank when I saw when contracts were due to be awarded, so that might mean we'll not be allowed to move until Spring 2021.
Confusing why they would consider this too - this plan failed in Australia, costly compared to having a rapid test on arrival that Germany and Italy have or making travellers have a test 72 hours before travel... At this point all I want is an update so we can plan our lives !!!!

manisingh13

Jun 2, 2019
I know my heart sank when I saw when contracts were due to be awarded, so that might mean we'll not be allowed to move until Spring 2021.
They might preparing for future.. I don't think this we ll be for us. They have already opened borders for students and others. Few countries are getting PPRs also.

Reactions: Namta1828

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
They might preparing for future.. I don't think this we ll be for us. They have already opened borders for students and others. Few countries are getting PPRs also.
Yes but even though people are getting PPRs they can't travel at the moment unless it was received before 18th March. You'd think they'd have some sort of a plan in place to allow permanent residents to land.

Reactions: nns14

manisingh13

Jun 2, 2019
Yes but even though people are getting PPRs they can't travel at the moment unless it was received before 18th March. You'd think they'd have some sort of a plan in place to allow permanent residents to land.
Yes, if you read that document thoroughly. They mentioned that as an anticipationary measure for 1 to 2 years. Also, they are already having some facilities which are being managed by them, so they want to outsource it.

Preux

Jul 14, 2020
The harsh truth is that students, film crew and even tourists! may all be permitted before economic immigrants like us, because we put extra strain on the job market while all the other groups help with the recovery of the economy and even in creating new jobs.
Right now there are countless measures any country can take to make sure people who enter are not infected and/or have quarantine plans but the problem is not COVID itself, it's the economy and job market. This is why we don't see any actions nor any plans from IRCC regarding our cases.

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
The harsh truth is that students, film crew and even tourists! may all be permitted before economic immigrants like us, because we put extra strain on the job market while all the other groups help with the recovery of the economy and even in creating new jobs.
Right now there are countless measures any country can take to make sure people who enter are not infected and/or have quarantine plans but the problem is not COVID itself, it's the economy and job market. This is why we don't see any actions nor any plans from IRCC regarding our cases.
Yes and no. The fact is newcomers not only take available jobs but they create those. Like me for instance.

Reactions: Namta1828

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Yes and no. The fact is newcomers not only take available jobs but they create those. Like me for instance.
Well, I don't think that the Canadian government treats all of the outland applicants as businessmen or entrepreneurs so they keep delaying issuing PPRs to us.

Reactions: fsw_hk

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021

De_Boss

Oct 7, 2020
Hey Guys, I am writing to encourage everyone never to give up, be patient. I got AOR in Feb 2019 for my first ECE which was rejected in Dec 2019 for not including my job descriptions. I reapplied and got AOR Jan 5, 2020. No major updates since then except passed medicals on August 31, 2020. I got the COPR today Oct 7, 2020. It wasn't easy, I was frustrated many times waiting but finally. I am in land by the way

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Hey Guys, I am writing to encourage everyone never to give up, be patient. I got AOR in Feb 2019 for my first ECE which was rejected in Dec 2019 for not including my job descriptions. I reapplied and got AOR Jan 5, 2020. No major updates since then except passed medicals on August 31, 2020. I got the COPR today Oct 7, 2020. It wasn't easy, I was frustrated many times waiting but finally. I am in land by the way
congratulations! It was a tough and long journey indeed for you. Great it’s over! Are you outland or inland ?

Reactions: De_Boss

edrian24

Oct 18, 2017
This situation is a test of our patience. AOR is January 2019 but still patiently waiting for approval or any updates.

Reactions: macaq