File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
What?! So they let students in but bot PRs?
Because students have been extremely active on social media while there's no complain from economy category AT ALL. We got NO mention at all by the ministry's update. All other categories: family reunification, temporary permits, and refugee got some good news yet our category is the highest number of applicants for Canada.

Very, very disappointed.

Reactions: Rajputkaushal

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
What?! So they let students in but bot PRs?
Yes , as things stand right now , new COPR holders represent a big risk it seems, don't understand the logic right now as the pandemic is going to last until 2022 according to WHO representatives , it s not like it will be gone by January and they will magically let us in , the economic downfall caused by Covid will last till 2024 , so they are going to let new PRs when ? To be honest I m lost.

Reactions: Namta1828

sunkilmoon

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
The answer is yet again simple guys. It's all about the money. International students pay huge amounts. PR applicants paid their part and can wait for the pandemic to end and then Canada would like us to help its economy when this is all over.

amir.ynm

Jan 8, 2020
Hi, I applied and received AOR Sep 2019 (outland FSW). online application status say: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."
In May 2020, I sent webform for status update, since my application was over 6 months with no update. I received an email saying a few weeks later: "
We are pleased to inform you that your permanent residence application has been approved.
A correspondence will be sent to advise on decision. You may have to send additional documents to finalize your application. A Confirmation of Permanent Residence and a permanent resident visa...will be sent, for you and your family members..."

I have not received any update since.
I sent another webform back in September, but I got an email that says: "
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.
Due to to the Covid-19, some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only....
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed. "

IRCC visa office in Algeria is open on very limited basis.

I am a very confused... is the application approved or still in Process? just pending COPR/PPR? which will be issued when visa office opens?
anybody has same situation?
Thanks
Technically your application remains in progress till you receive CoPR and visa stamped on your passport. First response seems to show that your case has been approved, and you'll likely receive PPR once they start issuing those. Second response says your application is in process which it still is because you haven't yet received CoPR. Second response is typical copy paste response that they send to lot of webform queries. It's empty and conveys no information.
GCMS notes can provide the best explanation of what exactly happened with your application so far.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
The answer is yet again simple guys. It's all about the money. International students pay huge amounts. PR applicants paid their part and can wait for the pandemic to end and then Canada would like us to help its economy when this is all over.
Absolutely. Very shameful what Canada is doing.

Reactions: Mauriss and Wotsit

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Yeah because as things are going , IRCC are having a huge backlog of applications ready for approval or already approved, they must have a plan for this , or their only plan currently is putting people on hold till they see out the situation.
Just like for biometrics they waited 6 months to come up with a defined plan.

KDM13

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Absolutely. Very shameful what Canada is doing.
I don't see this as all negative. Students have to be able to enter the country for their term start (and yes they do pay more money). PR applications aren't going to miss out if they can't enter the country by a certain date. But the fact that IRCC are starting to make exemptions to allow people into the country is hopefully a good sign of things to come after months of it being completely closed.

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
I don't see this as all negative. Students have to be able to enter the country for their term start (and yes they do pay more money). PR applications aren't going to miss out if they can't enter the country by a certain date. But the fact that IRCC are starting to make exemptions to allow people into the country is hopefully a good sign of things to come after months of it being completely closed.
Thought the exact same - it’s good students are being let in to commence the term and will also show that introduction of immigrants can be managed and hopefully pave the way for the gradual introduction of PRs once the students have been taken care of. That’s my wishful thinking lol

Reactions: KDM13 and ArJee

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Incorrect, many have jobs to start as part of their PR applications. Many of us are losing job offers now which has implications for our move. I know of many who have sold homes and left jobs ready to move.

Glaber

Feb 22, 2019
I have no idea why are YouTubers and immigration consultants are still marketing the express entry system as a way of immigration.

If you're outside of Canada, even if you have1200 points you can't immigrate. People from October 2019 and November 2019 groups are still waiting due to never-ending travel restrictions. The process is not slow, it fully stopped in March. Maybe after the pandemic, it can return to normal. 1 year 2 years? Nobody knows when.

Canada lets students, spouses, families, film production crews, basically everyone but express entry candidates in. Even though thousands of economic immigrants are waiting with finalized files, nobody knows when or if we can make it to Canada.

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
I have no idea why are YouTubers and immigration consultants are still marketing the express entry system as a way of immigration.

If you're outside of Canada, even if you have1200 points you can't immigrate. People from October 2019 and November 2019 groups are still waiting due to never-ending travel restrictions. The process is not slow, it fully stopped in March. Maybe after the pandemic, it can return to normal. 1 year 2 years? Nobody knows when.

Canada lets students, spouses, families, film production crews, basically everyone but express entry candidates in. Even though thousands of economic immigrants are waiting with finalized files, nobody knows when or if we can make it to Canada.
I agree and it's very wrong for everybody, including the Canadian government to keep taking money from people when no applications are actually being processed!

pop8455

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020