+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
There is no reason why they would cancel applications of people who have already applied. It would make no sense at all, stop trying to create panic.
Exactly my thoughts in the first place, but we are all stressed about the situation with IRCC who did not give a clear vision about what they will do with FSW Outland applications nor issue any statement about it hence the unfounded panic , while I agree that they will not do sanction such a move, as they have targets to reach.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
But that was before Express Entry in its current point based form came into place right? If they are actually thinking of something like this now wouldn’t they stop the draws in the first place?
Yes , that's what I said before , the draws are still taking place , and what happened was before the express entry system was in place, so no need to worry

Reactions: Tahhi

Vazi

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-03-2020
Med's Done....
07-05-2020
Hi :)

FSWO March 18th AOR here. I recently received the webform reply which had the particulars given below:

* Eligibilty met
* Background checks are valid
* Security check hasnt been initiated
* criminal check is valid
*Medicals are valid

My question is it the same as everything passed except security ? and how long does security normally takes to pass ?
Thankyou in advance to anyone willing to interpret it for me.

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Hi :)

FSWO March 18th AOR here. I recently received the webform reply which had the particulars given below:

* Eligibilty met
* Background checks are valid
* Security check hasnt been initiated
* criminal check is valid
*Medicals are valid

My question is it the same as everything passed except security ? and how long does security normally takes to pass ?
Thankyou in advance to anyone willing to interpret it for me.
Your eligibility was marked as met by a case processing agent or assistant. It will need to be reviewed again and then be passed conclusively by an senior officer. Only after that, your security check will start. That what I understand about the process.

Hari aksh

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Omg I just googled it , they cancelled applications for 100 000 individuals including dependents at the time , this is just crazy considering the possibility exists even if slightly as they have done it before, but back then applications were taking years to be processed.
It happened long back . I remembered my mom applied in 2004 and at that time cic gave 33 months time to complete the application of high skilled workers basically fswos . But many such applications never got completed including my mom's even after 4 years . There was a huge backlog and it was decided that applications before 2008 will not be considered and the fees amount was refunded.
But at present scenerio is different . I don't think this will happen again.

Reactions: UniSaverH and ArJee

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Everyone relax. Let’s not create rumors or hypothetical questions without any, however slight, evidence or hint from IRCC.

Most of the applications are pending the final steps because IRCC decided NOT TO finalize due to the travel restriction on Economic outland category.

It has very little to do with backlog.

Namta1828

May 5, 2020
Guys during 2008 they have completely shut the process but look at the situation now in pandemic also everyday some or the other person is getting PPR. During those days social media wasn't that vocal and things used to happen in silos. We can see today that most of us know each other with just profile name and we all interact because today social media is very strong. So I don't think anyone needs to panic. Look at the brighter side some people are receiving PPR which is really positive sign. Many of us may not go to Canada till december 20. However, lets all pray for good start of 2021. few moment ago our friend @Alfarovan and family receive PPR, which is defenietly good signal for all FSW-O applicant. cheers!!! Keep your fingers crossed guys

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
My wife got her PPR. AOR Dec 31, 2019
VO Singapore
Congratulations!!!

Are you an outland dependent also? What's medical validity length?

Thanks