+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PPR delays due to covid-19

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
Hi all,

I was just wondering that wouldn’t all our questions and concerns regarding existing applications be answered based on the mandate letter and the immigration levels plan expected to be issued at the end of this month?
hope they share this soon.. looking forward to this.

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
meanwhile... canada moving towards a second lockdown :( i dont think immigration will be a priority..

nihalpandit

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
23-12-2019
Med's Done....
11-01-2020
Is it a good sign for PPR or what?
Keep in mind that VACs are open in several countries but very few PPRs are being issued outside Canada/US. I think this news is for ppl with PPRs and/or are included in the recent exemptions hence can get their application processed while rest out us are left hanging.. I'm sorry to burst the bubble but I'm in the same boat (can't go back to Canada as VFS is closed in India).

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
meanwhile... canada moving towards a second lockdown :( i dont think immigration will be a priority..
I don't know really , with a proper protocol like the one they are using for temporary work permits and their families , they could do the same for us , with an additional testing let's say 48h before landing and then a test at the airport (which we pay for of course ) like Germany is doing.

But we all understood that this is not what is holding them from letting new PRs in, many say economic motivation is behind it but again a new PR and his family bring at least 20k Canadian dollars, and a single applicant around 12-15k , that's money invested in the economy straight away , plus many PRs can fill jobs in shortage positions , essential workers for the pandemic : doctors, nurses and also many would be taking first job opportunities meanwhile waiting to get their favored job, to begin with as caregivers or in supermarkets where there is a shortage, finally as most new PRs are from the software industry , there is currently no jobs issues for this particular industry , they would find a job in a matter of weeks.

So what's holding them from letting new PRs in , situation is really unfair.

Ann7676

Star Member
Aug 1, 2020
I don't know really , with a proper protocol like the one they are using for temporary work permits and their families , they could do the same for us , with an additional testing let's say 48h before landing and then a test at the airport (which we pay for of course ) like Germany is doing.

But we all understood that this is not what is holding them from letting new PRs in, many say economic motivation is behind it but again a new PR and his family bring at least 20k Canadian dollars, and a single applicant around 12-15k , that's money invested in the economy straight away , plus many PRs can fill jobs in shortage positions , essential workers for the pandemic : doctors, nurses and also many would be taking first job opportunities meanwhile waiting to get their favored job, to begin with as caregivers or in supermarkets where there is a shortage, finally as most new PRs are from the software industry , there is currently no jobs issues for this particular industry , they would find a job in a matter of weeks.

So what's holding them from letting new PRs in , situation is really unfair.
I agree with you. At least they have to say something. It's difficult to live without understanding when we can arrive to Canada. We can't build any plans

Reactions: UniSaverH

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hi All - Yesterday we raised a webform to update IRCC about our passport renewal. We also sent them scanned copies of the passports. How much time it takes for IRCC to complete such passport renewal request?
Thanks.

Tahhi

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
02-08-2019
AOR Received.
30-09-2019
IELTS Request
02-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi All - Yesterday we raised a webform to update IRCC about our passport renewal. We also sent them scanned copies of the passports. How much time it takes for IRCC to complete such passport renewal request?
Thanks.
Hi

It took one week for me. but this was before COVID

BR.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I agree with you. At least they have to say something. It's difficult to live without understanding when we can arrive to Canada. We can't build any plans
Thats what we are all asking for , we don't want a COPR straight away but at least they could share a plan , an announcement or steps about what they are going to do with the 100 000+ new PRs of 2020, that's what we are all asking for , for now all we are hearing during each announcement is we are taking care of the safety of Canadians before anything else, we are fine with this and it s logic and legitimate to do so but please IRCC mendicino or whoever is in charge please make a plan or share some announcement for all the people that have no clue what's happening or what will happen in the future.

Last edited:

haihttran

Nov 5, 2019
Thats what we are all asking for , we don't want a COPR straight away but at least they could share a plan , an announcement or steps about what they are going to do with the 100 000+ new PRs of 2020, that's what we are all asking for , for now all we are hearing during each announcement is we are taking care of the safety of Canadians before anything else, we are fine with this and it s logic and legitimate to do so but please IRCC mendicino or whoever is in charge please make a plan or share some announcement for all the people that have no clue what's happening or what will happen in the future.
I really wish they could have some plan to resume allowing outland applicants to go to Canada in the next few months. However, I bet that they are really want to wait until COVID-19 vaccine becomes available. Keep being hopeful and optimistic but still, brace yourselves in case that it might take longer for scientists to successfully create the vaccine.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
I really wish they could have some plan to resume allowing outland applicants to go to Canada in the next few months. However, I bet that they are really want to wait until COVID-19 vaccine becomes available. Keep being hopeful and optimistic but still, brace yourselves in case that it might take longer for scientists to successfully create the vaccine.
It s not a matter of a vaccine either , they found that almost 53% of Canadians are against a vaccine and would not use it , read that somewhere a few months ago.

So if majority of them don't use it , where do we stand in regards to our applications if they are waiting for a vaccine ?

Since a few months I over analyzed the situation , first I thought it s because of health safety reasons , availability of a vaccine ect , then I thought it s because of economic reasons then I thought it s because they can't welcome us because of lack of jobs , and public institutions not ready to handle the pressure of new immigrants coming in , in the context of pandemic.

You can find all my posts in this thread , but by analyzing my own theories I came to the conclusion that no matter what reasons is behind the ban of new immigrants there is always an answer to it and I finally view the arrival of new immigrants as a positive ressource for Canada as they can fill essential positions , bring money , boost the real estate market ,and contribute to the government plans regarding retirement plans for Canadians , pay taxes and so on, they can even revive tourism as they would start visiting their towns and surroundings on weekends.

They should make an announcement and a plan to let us know what the future is holding for us , there are over 100 000 people living in the stress of the unknown, people with job offers that will expire or already expired , people waiting to sell their houses, no matter what their plans are even if it is letting us in until 2022 , fine , just let us know so we can move on with our lives and leave this stress behind.

Last edited:

ArJee

Star Member
Sep 14, 2020
It s not a matter of a vaccine either , they found that almost 53% of Canadians are against a vaccine and would not use it , read that somewhere a few months ago.

So if majority of them don't use it , where do we stand in regards to our applications if they are waiting for a vaccine ?

Since a few months I over analyzed the situation , first I thought it s because of health safety reasons , availability of a vaccine ect , then I thought it s because of economic reasons then I thought it s because they can't welcome us because of lack of jobs , and public institutions not ready to handle the pressure of new immigrants coming in , in the context of pandemic.

You can find all my posts in this thread , but by analyzing my own theories I came to the conclusion that no matter what reasons is behind the ban of new immigrants there is always an answer to it and I finally view the arrival of new immigrants as a positive ressource for Canada as they can fill essential positions , bring money , boost the real estate market ,and contribute to the government plans regarding retirement plans for Canadians , pay taxes and so on, they can even revive tourism as they would start visiting their towns and surroundings on weekends.

They should make an announcement and a plan to let us know what the future is holding for us , there are over 100 000 people living in the stress of the unknown, people with job offers that will expire or already expired , people waiting to sell their houses, no matter what their plans are even if it is letting us in until 2022 , fine , just let us know so we can move on with our lives and leave this stress behind.
true.. waiting for the mandate letter post the throne speech. Also the details by Mendicino with immigration level details. hopefully things will be clearer then..