+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PP request question

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
So the NY office mailed me a PP request letter today along with a request for my state police clearance and it says that "pending the submission of your state police certificate that shows no convictions, the processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada will appear complete. Please submit your passport and (4) photographs along with the police certificate..." So this sound very very promising, yes? Do they request passports when you are denied as well, or just for approval? We never had an interview or anything so I'm guessing it's an approval?

Also on the second page it says to include the 4 photographs it says (Please see following instructions) and also says to include "height and eye color (please see following instructions)"...but there are NO following instructions! What type of photos are they looking for? Same dimensions as we sent for the visa or different? ...and do I write the height and eye color on the photos or on a separate sheet of paper? Any advice would be appreciated from those who have gone though the process...thanks! :)

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
On my PP request from buffalo there were 2 sheets. On the first sheet it basically said what yours did that it appears complete blah blah blah. On the back of that paper it gave me options on how to submit my passort. On the front of the 2nd paper says "Important Notice" and basically says do not submit if marriage status has changed or is going to change before you land in Canada or if you have given birth or adopted child prior to landing. On the back of that sheet it gives the photo specifications which are the same for the visa photos
-plain white background
-full view of face/head/shoulders
-finished size of 35mm x 45 mm or (1 3/8in x 1 3/4in)
-chin to crown between 25 to 35 mm or (1 to 1 3/8 inches)
-photos must not have staple holes, stamps, creases or tears

At the end of that description and example it lists a spot for Name, Date of birth, Height and Eye color

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Hmmm...NYC didn't send that form or give me options on how to submit my passport...just told me to submit it with the state police check and a bit about the passport requirements, (must be valid for one year, not diplomatic or military passport, at least one blank page)

The second page has just a couple lines:
*Four (4) additional photos for yourself and your accompanying dependants. (Please see the following instructions)
*Height and eye colour - for every person proceeding to Canada- (Please see the following instructions)

and that's it. So the photos are just the same as the ones I submitted with my application, size and all? Because I already have extras of those and that will be awesome. Would it be sufficient to just put my Name, DOB, height and eye color on a separate sheet of paper?

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
I'm using my same photo's as well because I had extras. I would say yes to putting on a seperate sheet of paper because its not some official document they sent me. I would copy and send it 2 you but i've already wrote on mines.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
OUTLAND (USA)
4/9/09 Application Recieved by CPC-M
4/27/09 Sponsorship Decision Made
5/01/09 Sponsorship Approval Recieved
6/02/09 File transferred to NYC
7/24/09 State police check & Passport requested

newbie2281

Jan 31, 2009
Hi Shamrock,

This is really fast. I just got a letter for PCC from NYC and no PPR on 07/18. Dont know how these things work. Guess I am destined for eternal wait..... :(

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Hang in there...I'm sure there are a load of variables that differ from case to case. Surely you'll hear something soon. :)

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Hey Mud...can you tell me what your paperwork said about how to send the passport? I know I don't have the option to drop it off where I've been transferred to NYC, but just wondering if there were any specific mailing instructions to expedite things.

Thanks a bunch. :)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
mud504@yahoo said:
I'm using my same photo's as well because I had extras. I would say yes to putting on a seperate sheet of paper because its not some official document they sent me. I would copy and send it 2 you but i've already wrote on mines.
is there any expiry date for the photos?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Congratulations, Shamrock, with greatest news!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Did you mention it was urgent to get it back because of your situation.
Did you go in person to make the changes or you sent it by mail.

mud504@yahoo

Oct 20, 2008
Indiana
No I didn't send it as urgent because I sent it in before i recieved the passport request, not thinking that I might recieve it that soon. But it says that it takes 4-6 weeks to process, which is also what it said when I first applied for my passport but i got it within a week with no expiditing or fast processing. I did put on the forms that my next trip was on August 16th, which it was suppose to be, but is no longer so I'm sure that I will have it back before then. I sent in via mail.

shamrock

Star Member
Feb 13, 2009
Shamrock if you want me 2 scan and email you copies of my PPR I can.
I would REALLY appreciate that Mud! I feel like I'm flying a bit blind here.

My wife faxed them regarding the no instructions but they seemed to only read the first line of the fax and sent us a form letter that confused us even further. Told us to put the passport in the gray envelope provided (again, not provided) etc.