+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

finetoly

Apr 2, 2018
ThIs waiting period is quite long. Are you sure you dont need to speak to your lawyer about this?
Hi I applied in 2017/july/17 till now I don't have a hearing day,how did you request a hearing day from IRB,could you please explain the process, thanks

Jan 10, 2017
Hi everyone,

I had my hearing today in Montreal at 1pm.
- My board member was an asian old lady with hard chinese accent
- My hearing lasted for 2 hrs
- When my hearing was started board member said in today's hearing we have only 2 issues instead of 4 issues. 1. Credibility 2. IFA
- She asked me back to back questions for an hour and I replied her in straight forward manner
- She also asked me why IFA is not available in my case and I replied her with an explanation with proofs
- Sometime it's seems that board member haven't looked at the case at all (my lawyer has same opinion)
- At 2:30 she said I don't have any further questions
- She ask my lawyer to ask me questions in case if she has any. My lawyer said no I don't have because my client already testified without having contradictions.
- After the 15 mins break, we returned to the hearing room and she asked my lawyer to give her submission and include IFA issue in it as well
- After my lawyer's submission board member reserve her decision and said we receive it by mail.

Overall, board member attitude was good but she was not smart enough to evaluate the case even basic things she didn't know it about my case. I was clearly seems that she only has read it once or not even once with paying attention to.

I have 39 items in evidence list as proof of persecution according to my lawyer this is the case to get accepted at the hearing but due to the board member appointed to my case has not let it happen.

Anyways, I would like to wish you a good luck because it's very important to have a good member or at least the one who study your case. I'll post my decision as soon as I get it.

Tips:
1. Please don't be afraid, hearing are only to understand why we are asking for protection
2. Just focus on your case and don't think about if it'll be accepted or rejected because this is something is not in your hands.
3. Credibility is the most determinative issue so you must know every detail and fact of your story.
4. In hearings is most likely that facts would be ask about the events.

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

I had my hearing today in Montreal at 1pm.
- My board member was an asian old lady with hard chinese accent
- My hearing lasted for 2 hrs
- When my hearing was started board member said in today's hearing we have only 2 issues instead of 4 issues. 1. Credibility 2. IFA
- She asked me back to back questions for an hour and I replied her in straight forward manner
- She also asked me why IFA is not available in my case and I replied her with an explanation with proofs
- Sometime it's seems that board member haven't looked at the case at all (my lawyer has same opinion)
- At 2:30 she said I don't have any further questions
- She ask my lawyer to ask me questions in case if she has any. My lawyer said no I don't have because my client already testified without having contradictions.
- After the 15 mins break, we returned to the hearing room and she asked my lawyer to give her submission and include IFA issue in it as well
- After my lawyer's submission board member reserve her decision and said we receive it by mail.

Overall, board member attitude was good but she was not smart enough to evaluate the case even basic things she didn't know it about my case. I was clearly seems that she only has read it once or not even once with paying attention to.

I have 39 items in evidence list as proof of persecution according to my lawyer this is the case to get accepted at the hearing but due to the board member appointed to my case has not let it happen.

Anyways, I would like to wish you a good luck because it's very important to have a good member or at least the one who study your case. I'll post my decision as soon as I get it.

Tips:
1. Please don't be afraid, hearing are only to understand why we are asking for protection
2. Just focus on your case and don't think about if it'll be accepted or rejected because this is something is not in your hands.
3. Credibility is the most determinative issue so you must know every detail and fact of your story.
4. In hearings is most likely that facts would be ask about the events.
first of all i wish you best of luck for acceptance.

As you said that she said today she discussed only two areas credibility and IFA so why she ended up saying that she will send a decision and what was the opinion of your council.

if you don’t mind may I ask which country are you from?

Jan 10, 2017
first of all i wish you best of luck for acceptance.
Thank you.
As you said that she said today she discussed only two areas credibility and IFA so why she ended up saying that she will send a decision and what was the opinion of your council.
Because at the end of the hearing she had only issue of IFA left then i tried to explain her and refer some documents in my evidence that proof that no IFA is available then my lawyer address this issue in her submission. At the end board member said she'll review all evidence and then render her decision. My lawyer is very hopeful that I gave very strong testimony and if this case rejected this going to board member fault not yours. She doubted on board member as per her previous experiences with same board member.
if you don’t mind may I ask which country are you from?
I'm from Pakistan.

Hyate123

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you.

Because at the end of the hearing she had only issue of IFA left then i tried to explain her and refer some documents in my evidence that proof that no IFA is available then my lawyer address this issue in her submission. At the end board member said she'll review all evidence and then render her decision. My lawyer is very hopeful that I gave very strong testimony and if this case rejected this going to board member fault not yours. She doubted on board member as per her previous experiences with same board member.

I'm from Pakistan.
Hello , I applied in 2017/july/17 till now I don't have a hearing day,how did you ge a hearing day from IRB after they send you the postponed letter could you please explain the process, thanks

Jan 10, 2017
They re-schedule my hearing date by their own, I didn't do anything.

Unfortunately, there's no process to get hearing date. :confused:

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hello everyone .
Hope everything is fine .
Does anyone have idea about how long it takes for a travel document to get processed .

Feb 17, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I came to canada in 2017 and I had my hearing done last week, Hearing was almost 3 hours long and everything went good after the break Judge told my lawyer if she want to say anything and she give detailed outline about my case.

after closing speech judge ask for one original document and lawyer provided and then judge said, will send NOD by mail.

today my lawyer informed me that we have to go for another hearing upon my query my lawyer said she also did not get why we need to go for another hearing even judge said to send decision.

can seniors help me out what does it mean? Or anyone else had the same situation?

thanks

Mi90s

Jan 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I came to canada in 2017 and I had my hearing done last week, Hearing was almost 3 hours long and everything went good after the break Judge told my lawyer if she want to say anything and she give detailed outline about my case.

after closing speech judge ask for one original document and lawyer provided and then judge said, will send NOD by mail.

today my lawyer informed me that we have to go for another hearing upon my query my lawyer said she also did not get why we need to go for another hearing even judge said to send decision.

can seniors help me out what does it mean? Or anyone else had the same situation?

thanks
Maybe the member needs to clarify something prior to giving her decision, most likely positive.

Reactions: 010180

Hyate123

Oct 17, 2019
Hello Everyone,

thanks
Hi
When did you apply exactly mm/dd/2017.when did you get a letter to schudel your hearing.did you request a hearing day,I am asking you that because I applied in july/17/ 2017 and till now I didn't get a hearing day so far.

Life-survivor

Feb 17, 2020
Hello Everyone,

thanks
I'd recommend you to read your case and check if there's any contradictions or omissions. It's most probably they want to clarify something and you'll be given positive decision at the second hearing if board member is satisfy with your story. Good luck.

Reactions: Mi90s and 010180

Feb 17, 2020
Hi
When did you apply exactly mm/dd/2017.when did you get a letter to schudel your hearing.did you request a hearing day,I am asking you that because I applied in july/17/ 2017 and till now I didn't get a hearing day so far.
Sep 2017
Hearing Letter received: Dec 2019
Yes, we requested end of 2018 but it did not work that time. now it was normal.

Hope you will get the date soon IRB has lot of burden thats why we are facing delays.

Sara rizvi

Feb 9, 2018
Hi dears,

Let's share the timeline of our postponed hearings as well as the given reason, place and why to come to Canada.

Mine as follow:

Proposed date of hearing: 22 Apri, 2017.
Reason for postponing: Lake of judges.
Place: Toronto.
Way of coming to Canada: TRV

Also, if someone gets a new hearing date please let's know.
Kind regards...
My hearing was postponed Nov 2017 and I'm waiting till date
Reason
Lake of judges