+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Many non-expedited countries are going to have to prepare for long wait time of up to 2 years. There were some second generation legacy cases like @SAMER MAHER that took much longer. There is still a very large backlog and those getting refused are appealing or filing H&C so backlogs will continue to grow. The system isn’t meant to deal with this volume even with the current changes so unfortunately I wouldn’t expect faster processing times. Unless the volume of asylum applicants slows down dramatically longer waiting times will exist. Asylum seekers in Canada still remain lucky compared to those sitting in refugee camps or sitting in refugee detention.

Ahmed Talal

Jan 3, 2020
Hello everybody
I am from Iraq-Baghdad, I applied asylum on 11nov 2019 after cross border and got refugee claimant Id also applied for work permit and still waiting for it.does anyone have axperience for how long time proccess take?
For hearing CBSA officer told me that i have to wait 1-2 years
Best wish and good luck to all of you guys

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody
I am from Iraq-Baghdad, I applied asylum on 11nov 2019 after cross border and got refugee claimant Id also applied for work permit and still waiting for it.does anyone have axperience for how long time proccess take?
For hearing CBSA officer told me that i have to wait 1-2 years
Best wish and good luck to all of you guys
Depends if you case has been classified as expedited. If it is the case is likely to take around 1 year and perhaps a bit less. If you aren’t considered an expedited file it will be closer to 1-2 years if not more. If approved you would then need to apply for PR which currently takes a little less than 2 years. If you are trying to reunite with a spouse or children under 22 you would add on 3-6 months nths after you get PR. It is a long process.

Ahmed Talal

Jan 3, 2020
Depends if you case has been classified as expedited. If it is the case is likely to take around 1 year and perhaps a bit less. If you aren’t considered an expedited file it will be closer to 1-2 years if not more. If approved you would then need to apply for PR which currently takes a little less than 2 years. If you are trying to reunite with a spouse or children under 22 you would add on 3-6 months nths after you get PR. It is a long process.
Thank you for answering
How i can know if my case classified as expedited or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for answering
How i can know if my case classified as expedited or not?
You will be told. Should likely know in the next 3 months. Expedited doesn’t mean approval it just means your case will be heard faster because there is a high likelihood of approval or rejection.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone,
I, finally, got accepted after over 3 years in the process.
Good luck for all pending cases and I hope 2020 is your year.
Thank you.
Great! Seems like they are clearing the applicant’s who were from expedited countries who go left behind when they implemented the new system. A good reminder though that many are waiting 2+ years if not classified as expedited.

SURVIVAL

Star Member
Apr 9, 2017
Hey everyone,
Thank you.
Congratulations Brother Samer. Now you have to submit your PR applications asap. Best of luck and hopefully you will get you PR in quicker.

Reactions: finetoly

Hyate123

Oct 17, 2019
Hey everyone,
Thank you.
Hi I applied in 2017/july/17 till now I don't have a hearing day,how did you request a hearing day from IRB,could you please explain the process, thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I applied in 2017/july/17 till now I don't have a hearing day,how did you request a hearing day from IRB,could you please explain the process, thanks
You can't request a hearing date. You have to wait for the hearing date to be scheduled for you.