+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
My family member has a hearing on Tuesday, hopefully they get a decision at the end of the hearing; not tryna be anxious waiting on the NOD.

I feel like if the member doesn't say its positive at the end of the hearing, it's likely to be rejected by mail later so refugees don't make a scene?

people that don't get decisions at the end of hearing are not only subject to more waiting time, but even bad news :(

Last edited:

Hi123fmfncjr

Star Member
Jun 28, 2019
Best advice I can give is to eliminate Internal flight, define yourself as in need of protection, will likely face prosecution if returned (countries where there are war zones are best as the member will highly not consider returning you, unless you have status elsewhere; although you still have to have an opinion or religious stance putting you at risk; but still war-zone means no state security, police, army, government, like syria, parts of africa, etc. the member cannot refuse on the grounds of only credibility; when there are hard facts in the country documents, i have seen applicants not have a good narrative, but just cause they meet the conditions, and facts checkout get accepted.

syed009

Star Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hi guys
I just finished with my hearing today, and also submission was done by lawyer as well at end of hearing. Court said i will get my result in 3 weeks via mail.

Question is !!!

My result will be positive or

I am really hoping my result will be positive .
Thank you
I thought they give results on the same day

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
did you know after how many days we can apply for PR after approval
You can apply the same day you receive your written approval letter if you want. You need the written confirmation that you have been approved as a protected person to file for PR.