+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

eeshoo

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi, yes i had hearing today and my claim got accepted! I am so happy, right now!!!. The hearing went well. The judge asked me different questions regarding the documents i provided and how i obtained them. They have also done some research in back end and gave me some material which was contradicting my story, and i was asked read and give explanation it to him, which i did (I'm glad i had done research before). Also, they asked regarding my family and what steps we made to prevent whatever problem i mentioned.

However, I think being transparent, providing solid story backing with documentation and explanation of those documents were important. I would also suggest preparation is the key too. Knowing significant factors and their dates in your story.
Hello , can you tell which kind of material (for reading and explaining) they gave you?
please share ..may be your little hint success my case too..
Thanks..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, my claim wasn’t expedited. I was already here when I applied. I would suggest apply in Toronto.
I would live somewhere near friends if you have any in Canada. Toronto has a very high cost of living so depending on your finances and your ability to find housing you may need to consider other cities.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Hi every one
I am new in this post, I was reading all the past posts and taking tips from it. I entered Canada from US using third party agreement. I enentered in August 2017 and my file had been chosen as expedite proccesing, and my hearing was in October 2017 and they inform us to attend on the exact date if we did not recieve any approval from them without hearing, so before one day of our hearing they call our lawyer and inform him that our hearing had been postponed.
After that we keep on waiting and with our lawyer insisting to get a hearing date for us, so we get our hearing finally last week.
The hearing last for one hour and half and it was all about our BOC , the judge go in deep in all the documents and asking the same questions in different ways, and after that our claim has been accepted thanks god and god bless Canada.
Greetings Brothers, congratulation for your acceptance. Might I know where are you from? Which country are u originally from? God bless you and thanks for your information shared

chocho555

Feb 26, 2017
Greetings Brothers, congratulation for your acceptance. Might I know where are you from? Which country are u originally from? God bless you and thanks for your information shared
Thank you brother
I am originally from Iraq but I came to Canada from UAE.

Jan 10, 2017
I had attended french class in Montreal, where I got chance to meet some more refugee claimants. During casual conversation one claimant told me that she even didn't start her job haunting as yet because she don't want to do a job now and she will start job haunting in next summer. She is receiving welfare from the government that is why she opted to don't work.Well, when you have work permit you should try to find the job and if you couldn't find one that is another story.
Fake claimants really don't have concern about their hearing dates they are enjoying their paid holidays. I'm sorry to say that but I feel that because of these claimants real refugees have to survive and wait longer period to get the hearing date.

John Tom

Oct 2, 2018
Hi Guys,
Does anyone know how long a protected person can stay abroad with a travel document?
Jalal
You can not stay outside canada for a continuous period exceeding six months. Can i ask something Jalal, how long did it take you to obtain a travel document from the time you submitted your application to the time you got the document?

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
I had attended french class in Montreal, where I got chance to meet some more refugee claimants. During casual conversation one claimant told me that she even didn't start her job haunting as yet because she don't want to do a job now and she will start job haunting in next summer. She is receiving welfare from the government that is why she opted to don't work.Well, when you have work permit you should try to find the job and if you couldn't find one that is another story.
Fake claimants really don't have concern about their hearing dates they are enjoying their paid holidays. I'm sorry to say that but I feel that because of these claimants real refugees have to survive and wait longer period to get the hearing date.
I tottaly disagree with you on this. Receiving social assistance has nothing to do with your refugee application.

Reactions: sima93

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
Hi, yes i had hearing today and my claim got accepted! I am so happy, right now!!!. The hearing went well. The judge asked me different questions regarding the documents i provided and how i obtained them. They have also done some research in back end and gave me some material which was contradicting my story, and i was asked read and give explanation it to him, which i did (I'm glad i had done research before). Also, they asked regarding my family and what steps we made to prevent whatever problem i mentioned.

However, I think being transparent, providing solid story backing with documentation and explanation of those documents were important. I would also suggest preparation is the key too. Knowing significant factors and their dates in your story.
Congratulation bro , my hearing on12/12/2018 , i want to ask you what did they ask you ? I know every one have a story , but what it was the common questions...can you tell me details about questions ... thanks

lucas101

Aug 22, 2018
ORD
Congratulation bro , my hearing on12/12/2018 , i want to ask you what did they ask you ? I know every one have a story , but what it was the common questions...can you tell me details about questions ... thanks
wishing u success Adarazi, how many months in total have u waited before u got this date. Did u claim in Montreal or Ontario? and it seems the process is way faster, cos some people we came together in April of this year are already getting hearing date and it makes me keep calculating to know whether there is a yardstick for giving dates.

adarazi

Sep 25, 2018
wishing u success Adarazi, how many months in total have u waited before u got this date. Did u claim in Montreal or Ontario? and it seems the process is way faster, cos some people we came together in April of this year are already getting hearing date and it makes me keep calculating to know whether there is a yardstick for giving dates.
I applied end of jan 2018 in ontario, i guess 11 months , and also my friend were the same ... my lawyer said for me from 1 year to 1.5 year ,but i got within 11 months , it depends how much colume they have ,good luck for you

Jan 10, 2017
I tottaly disagree with you on this. Receiving social assistance has nothing to do with your refugee application.
I do agree on this receiving social assistance has nothing to do with your refugee application but I believed refugee claimants have to show their efforts to get the job or at least try to find the job because they have work permits and should not be burden on Canadian government. Secondly if you want see who is fake or real just go to any shelter house you'll see in them visitors who are enjoying their paid vacations not refugees. This is my personal experience that is why I'm sure about it. Even most of them didn't knew what is the reason of persecution which brings them here to safe their lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerrymsigwa

Jan 10, 2017
Wishing you all the best for your hearing. Please do share with us your experience.