+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
Yes I called IRB and they asked me just to wait and they have nothing to say except WAIT WAIT WAIT. Unfortunatellly my lawyer is out of service he doesnt have any clue about my case.
I applied in Montreal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I called IRB and they asked me just to wait and they have nothing to say except WAIT WAIT WAIT. Unfortunatellly my lawyer is out of service he doesnt have any clue about my case.
I applied in Montreal
There is honestly no point in calling irb or your lawyer repeatedly. There is something crazy like 50,000 people on the waiting list and people keep on crossing via the illegal or irregular border by the hundreds daily so things are going to move very slowly. This has been in the news it's not a secret. Based on your previous post you spent 5 years in Canada as a student. Why didn't you just do pgwp? A lot less risk than filing for refugee status.

Last edited:

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Dears,
Nothing new for me, still waiting, once again... I applied in February 2017, postponed weeks later and since then nothing... I guess i would be lucky to get some new next winter... frankly, don't think anything will come sooner..it's a limbo.

Shong Lee

Jan 11, 2018
There is honestly not point in calling irb or your lawyer repeatedly. There is something crazy like 50,000 people on the waiting list and people keep on crossing via the illegal or irregular border by the hundreds daily so things are going to move very slowly. This has been in the news it's not a secret. Based on your previous post you spent 5 years in Canada as a student. Why didn't you just do pgwp? A lot less risk than filing for refugee status.

Mancoyvib

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Immigration is a federal program so wait times should be similar across the country due to redistribution of resources.
Mine was rescheduled to 10 months from the first one that’s why I said that. I think 10 months is pretty good

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Mine was rescheduled to 10 months from the first one that’s why I said that. I think 10 months is pretty good
The first hearing was a procedural technicality and was never going to happen. Your lawyer should have explained that it was 99% going to be cancelled. Yes 10 months is very lucky and quick.

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
Hi,
I applied in April 18 2017
Hearning schedualed for June 12 2017
pasponed and still waiting untill today.
Toronto

Refuge

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Hello
I applied in Sep 2017 first scheduled for June 2018.
Already cancelled and no news after.
Montreal