+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Um Zainab

May 4, 2018
Hello friends.

I wanted to share my timeline.

I made my refugee claim in March 2018 and received expedited processing letter in November 2018. Today I’ve received notice of my decision. After almost one year my claim got accepted.
Congratulations, did you apply in Toronto?

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hi Guys
I applied for an Asylum on the below dates and haven't got any news yet,

Applied on 15 Jan 2018
Proposed date of hearing: 11 May, 2018. AND then delayed until further notice
Reason for postponing: Lake of judges.
Place: Toronto

Haven't received any new date? Anyone with the same situation and what can someone do to notify the IRB if needs be beside been patient
Where are you from? I know a guy the same situation like you. And he has been still waiting.

Onetv1

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Well, Im from Ethiopia and my wife is from Yemen however both of us were born and raised in Saudi Arabia
I see, my friend is from Afghanistan . From Saudi Arabia takes time. I know a few people from Saudi Arabia they have been waiting for more than a year and still nothing. It likely takes two years for you.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Well, Im from Ethiopia and my wife is from Yemen however both of us were born and raised in Saudi Arabia
Also anticipate that your Ethiopian citizenship will be problematic for your asylum application. You will likely be told that you had the ability to relocate to Ethiopia if you wanted to leave SA due to job loss or choice.

IbrahimZAli

Dec 3, 2018
Also anticipate that your Ethiopian citizenship will be problematic for your asylum application. You will likely be told that you had the ability to relocate to Ethiopia if you wanted to leave SA due to job loss or choice.
Hi Guys
I may understood this fourm wrongly

I only asked for knowledge about the hearing dates but talked about the case itself
I thought this fourm were based on some or similar factual but NOT assumptions per say.
Please stick to the fourm discussion and when the question about the case raised please help us out

Thanks for your cooperation

Reactions: adbcca

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys
I may understood this fourm wrongly

I only asked for knowledge about the hearing dates but talked about the case itself
I thought this fourm were based on some or similar factual but NOT assumptions per say.
Please stick to the fourm discussion and when the question about the case raised please help us out

Thanks for your cooperation
This a public forum so people can reply what they want. People may not understand who gets granted asylum snd see your case. This forum also tries to educate people. People must exhaust their ability to live in other countries before they claim asylum. There have been other cases where people have been refused for not moving to countries where they have citizenship even if they have never lived there.

IbrahimZAli

Dec 3, 2018
This a public forum so people can reply what they want. People may not understand who gets granted asylum snd see your case. This forum also tries to educate people. People must exhaust their ability to live in other countries before they claim asylum. There have been other cases where people have been refused for not moving to countries where they have citizenship even if they have never lived there.
People reply what they want! (Great to be on specific question to make it more fruitful on this fourm

Thanks thu for the advice on an unrelated questions were asked

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
People reply what they want! (Great to be on specific question to make it more fruitful on this fourm

Your original question doesn't really have an answer you just have to wait. You are still within a normal timeframe.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
@IbrahimZAli It will happen for sure. It happened to me! They will send your case to the minister of immigration and will ask to intervene. They will say your case has integrity issues. It is very serious. depend on the minister answer your case might be withdrawn or you be invited to interview. The interview will be very very harsh and a person from the ministry will attend too to provide information AGAINST you. You still have a chance but it is difficult. very difficult. You need a very good lawyer. That is my personal experience.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018

You are too demanding bro! You will get many precious recommendations and some personal assumptions. We are NOT lawyers. You can pay around 300$/h to ask a lawyer!
Good luck.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi dears,

Let's share the timeline of our postponed hearings as well as the given reason, place and why to come to Canada.

Mine as follow:

Proposed date of hearing: 22 Apri, 2017.
Reason for postponing: Lake of judges.
Place: Toronto.
Way of coming to Canada: TRV

Also, if someone gets a new hearing date please let's know.
Kind regards...
Any update @SAMER MAHER ???!!!

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Anyone from 2016 or early 2017 got a hearing?
Folks, please discuss unrelated subject out of this thread.
Thank you.
i got a hearing date in June 2019. applied november 2017