+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do not know , cause it’s all so confusing . My lawyer got a call for a new date for August but I didn’t get anything In the mail and neither did she . The refugee board call centre I called in Montreal says they see no date and even transferred me to my agent who confirmed he didn’t see any date and does not know how my lawyer got that call .
Given the lack of proof seems like you don't have a hearing date unfortunately. Your lawyer and not this forum is who you should trust about this issue.

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Given the lack of proof seems like you don't have a hearing date unfortunately. Your lawyer and not this forum is who you should trust about this issue.
You said I should trust my lawyer and I just said she was called that I had a new date for August . Does anyone know if it’s the agent that schedules the dates

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
You said I should trust my lawyer and I just said she was called that I had a new date for August . Does anyone know if it’s the agent that schedules the dates
The lawyer is very important. I called the IRB operator and she told me that I have a hearing in Oct. Then I sent an email to my lawyer. He talked with the lady in IRB who is doing the scheduling and got a new hearing date 2 months earlier. So I think there is a special person in IRB that other people sending cases to her to schedule a date. Your lawyer can go to IRB and find the correct information.

Last edited:

Ezekieljane

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
The lawyer is very important. I called the IRB operator and she told me that I have a hearing on Oct 19th. Then I sent an email to my lawyer. He talked with the lady in IRB who is doing the scheduling and got a new hearing date 2 months earlier. So I think there is a special person in IRB that other people sending cases to her to schedule a date. Your lawyer can go to IRB and find the correct information.
Thanks so much for this info . My lawyer is confused too and I have tried reaching her today but she is busy I guess . When did you come in Canada?

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
If anyone from late 2016 or early 2017 still waiting for a hearing please message me... we should find someone fair in IRB to talk to.

Reactions: Halo14