+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

minaalrubaye

Star Member
Mar 11, 2018
8 months after my application I received a rescheduled date for August.
I am happy and very nervous. I wish some friends share their hearing experiences.
Best wishes to all of us.
Congratulations Jalal! I hope that your hearing goes well and that you get a positive decision.
I submitted my application on November 2nd, 2017. I am from Iraq and I live in Ottawa. Are our circumstances similar?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Congratulations Jalal! I hope that your hearing goes well and that you get a positive decision.
I submitted my application on November 2nd, 2017. I am from Iraq and I live in Ottawa. Are our circumstances similar?
thank you guys, I am from Afghanistan and applied on Oct 2017 and was postponed dec 2017. I wish all of you get news soon. Best wishes

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Hello...could you please tell me how long usually hearings are postponed. Mine was supposed to take place on October 1. But it got postponed due to operational limits

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hello...could you please tell me how long usually hearings are postponed. Mine was supposed to take place on October 1. But it got postponed due to operational limits
My understanding is that all the initial hearing will be postponed 100% and the next date will be between 8 months to more than 1.5 years!
I think it depends on your nationality and other factors.
Welcome to the waiting club. After my application, I understood that have difficult and painful to wait for an unknown period.
Best wishes to all of us.

Samba010

Dec 24, 2016
Hi guys my hearing was supposed to hold today at 1pm but I received a call from my lawyer this morning that it has been cancelled because the judge is not available. I’m really frustrated. I’ve been waiting for more than a year since I had my first hearing in January 2016 before I got a new date for July 3rd and now I’m tired of everything. Does anybody have any idea if my hearing will be rescheduled soon or I have to wait another year again please help?

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi guys my hearing was supposed to hold today at 1pm but I received a call from my lawyer this morning that it has been cancelled because the judge is not available. I’m really frustrated. I’ve been waiting for more than a year since I had my first hearing in January 2016 before I got a new date for July 3rd and now I’m tired of everything. Does anybody have any idea if my hearing will be rescheduled soon or I have to wait another year again please help?
I am very sorry to hear it. I wish it does not happen for anyone. my hearing is 50 days later and I am counting days.
I think you will get another date soon. Did you ask your lawyer?
Good luck man.

Samba010

Dec 24, 2016
I am very sorry to hear it. I wish it does not happen for anyone. my hearing is 50 days later and I am counting days.
I think you will get another date soon. Did you ask your lawyer?
Good luck man.
Thanks for replying. I do hope I get a new date soon cause waiting 2years is no joke.otherwise I might take them to court like a friend of mine did and she was given a new date subsequently. And my Lawyer didn’t give much information he only told me that the hearing has been canceled. I’m truly tired of waiting, I’m depressed and suffering from anxiety disorder because I can’t plan my life. I made all this known to them, yet, they still went ahead and canceled the hearing.

Reactions: Mysoul78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying. I do hope I get a new date soon cause waiting 2years is no joke.otherwise I might take them to court like a friend of mine did and she was given a new date subsequently. And my Lawyer didn’t give much information he only told me that the hearing has been canceled. I’m truly tired of waiting, I’m depressed and suffering from anxiety disorder because I can’t plan my life. I made all this known to them, yet, they still went ahead and canceled the hearing.
Unfortunately if the judge gets sick or has a personal emergency there isn't another judge to take over especially on that day. I assume you will get some form of priority when they rebook your hearing. Hopefully that will be soon. Until the hearing is done there is always a chance of cancellation.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Unfortunately if the judge gets sick or has a personal emergency there isn't another judge to take over especially on that day. I assume you will get some form of priority when they rebook your hearing. Hopefully, that will be soon. Until the hearing is done there is always a chance of cancellation.
Sometimes I feel the way that judges treat refugee applicants is not fair. They just cancel the hearing and kills all the hopes inside the applicant and keep him waiting for an unknown period of time. Every second waiting passes like a year. It is like a solitary confinement. :(