+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Postponed hearings timelines

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Guys, There should be a reason for your huge delay in receiving hearing date!
Nationality? nature of your case? security reason? lack of documents or something else!
It is just my guess.
Anyway, wish you and all other of us the best.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hi Guys, There should be a reason for your huge delay in receiving hearing date!
Nationality? nature of your case? security reason? lack of documents or something else!
It is just my guess.
Anyway, wish you and all other of us the best.
The answer is " nothing wrong nor incomplete" it's basically an organization without system, employees can do whatever they like,,, you may get lucky and have a hearing in weeks or join the ppl who are waiting since 2011... as simple as that.

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Mara88

Jan 19, 2018
Hi to everybody, my question is not about PR. But maybe anybody has the same situation.. I had my hearing a year ago and got a positive decision letter by mail ( Notice of decision)... a week ago I got again the same letter ( but a copy) from Immigration... the same situation with my husband (he had his hearing 3 month ago). Does anybody got from immigration notice of decision from theirs hearing again (a copy one)?

Reactions: Jalalcananda

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi to everybody, my question is not about PR. But maybe anybody has the same situation.. I had my hearing a year ago and got a positive decision letter by mail ( Notice of decision)... a week ago I got again the same letter ( but a copy) from Immigration... the same situation with my husband (he had his hearing 3 month ago). Does anybody got from immigration notice of decision from theirs hearing again (a copy one)?
I wish to have my hearing soon, then they can send me a copy every week;)
I think it was just a mistake.

Reactions: Teddyman and Mara88

Teddyman

Jul 22, 2018
Hello everyone, so happy that I finally joined the community I belong to. I am from Ethiopia. I arrived here on April 2018 and got a hearing date for Nov 2018 at Edmonton but was just postponed for an unknown date. I am in Grand Prairie, Alberta but my lawyer, an Ethiopian and a close friend, is in Toronto and wants to transfer my case to Ontario. I guess the transfer to Ontario would take a longer time than the postponement in Alberta. But if I chose to stay here, I would lose my friend as my lawyer who knows a great deal about the the complexities of my case which we composed and submitted together. I am in a dilemma: to keep him by moving to Ontario and get extended hearing or stay here, change a lawyer and have a closer hearing date? I appreciate your comments.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Hello everyone, so happy that I finally joined the community I belong to. I am from Ethiopia. I arrived here on April 2018 and got a hearing date for Nov 2018 at Edmonton but was just postponed for an unknown date. I am in Grand Prairie, Alberta but my lawyer, an Ethiopian and a close friend, is in Toronto and wants to transfer my case to Ontario. I guess the transfer to Ontario would take a longer time than the postponement in Alberta. But if I chose to stay here, I would lose my friend as my lawyer who knows a great deal about the the complexities of my case which we composed and submitted together. I am in a dilemma: to keep him by moving to Ontario and get extended hearing or stay here, change a lawyer and have a closer hearing date? I appreciate your comments.
I don't think the lawyer does much if you don't have a good case, whether in ON or AB. If i were in your shoes, I will stay in AB as in ON you might end up waiting for years just like us.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you qualify for legal aid? Perhaps he was trying to get you to move to Ontario so he can get paid by legal aid. Otherwise he can represent you from Alberta it will just cost you a bit more.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When you entered a chronological system was supposed to be in place so it likely doesn't matter. The cost of living is so much higher in Toronto and there is no more housing for refugees available. Would stay in Alberta so you can rent an apartment and find a job.

Reactions: Teddyman