+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Information and Discussions

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hi All,

I am an FSW-O and have my CoPR, planning to do a soft-landing on a friday and go up to my friend's place in Toronto and return back on Sunday.

I am planning to rent a car and drive to Canada, Is it a good idea to cross the border on a friday at around 11am thru peace bridge and complete my landing formalities?

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Hello, I have already received COPR and currently living in USA. I haven't done my landing yet and planning to visit India on a vacation. Does it have any implications? I personally do not think so as the one-time Canada visa is valid until May, next year. Please advise.

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hello, I have already received COPR and currently living in USA. I haven't done my landing yet and planning to visit India on a vacation. Does it have any implications? I personally do not think so as the one-time Canada visa is valid until May, next year. Please advise.
Visiting India will have concerns. You need to enter Canada before the Medicals expire. Which is typically 1yr from the date you completed your medicals. Post which you need inform IRCC and redo medicals.

Reactions: chitre.raunak

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
No worries...you can go ahead and travel to India..
PS: If you enter Canada without mithai, for sure it will be a problem ;)

Reactions: chitre.raunak

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Visiting India will have concerns. You need to enter Canada before the Medicals expire. Which is typically 1yr from the date you completed your medicals. Post which you need inform IRCC and redo medicals.
Thanks. My medicals expire next year in May while I will be back in the US in Dec, 2018 post trip to India. So, that shouldn't be a problem.

varungorur2005

Nov 8, 2012
Visa Office......
CIC Delhi
Hi guys. Got my visa stamped by ADVO in just 4 days and they have given me time till next year Sept to enter Canada :) I thought its usually one year from the date of medicals. My medicals was in Jan 2018

Last edited:

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Yes it is not mandatory to take all the money in one shot but u will have to give them all the evidence while u land that u still have some money or belongings which r still left behind and u want to take them along in the next visit or by online transfer.. u need to declare them while landing formalities will be done...
they will ask u to make a list of things u r carrying along and a list of follow up things
Thanksss....

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Guys, finally got COPR today. Took 22 days since I send it. I am now reading up all the materials, documents and websites for the upcoming steps. But will also like to know from the experienced who already have done it or about to.
So I have a few questions:

1. Say, I will endorse around 4000CAD in my passport. The rest will stay in my bank account. How do I prove to them that I will bring the rest later? Also, should I take a Bank Statement of the last 6 months after I endorse the amount I will take with me? But that does not proof I will bring the rest. Also, do I HAVE to bring the required amount anyway?

2. If I have debit or credit card from another account, do I need to declare and show proof of that account as well?

3. My COPR shows destination as the city I gave initially, but I want to go to a neighboring city now. Will that create any problem? I am NOT a PNP. I am FSW-O.

4. PR Card, when I apply, I have to provide an address. In the first month I probably will stay at airbnb or a hostel, should I give that address?

Thanks in advance.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Guys, finally got COPR today. Took 22 days since I send it. I am now reading up all the materials, documents and websites for the upcoming steps. But will also like to know from the experienced who already have done it or about to.
So I have a few questions:

1. Say, I will endorse around 4000CAD in my passport. The rest will stay in my bank account. How do I prove to them that I will bring the rest later? Also, should I take a Bank Statement of the last 6 months after I endorse the amount I will take with me? But that does not proof I will bring the rest. Also, do I HAVE to bring the required amount anyway?
Just bank statments sufficient. Doesnt matter same or different statement that you showed during e-apr.

2. If I have debit or credit card from another account, do I need to declare and show proof of that account as well?
No

3. My COPR shows destination as the city I gave initially, but I want to go to a neighboring city now. Will that create any problem? I am NOT a PNP. I am FSW-O.
Any place except Quebec for landing is OK.

4. PR Card, when I apply, I have to provide an address. In the first month I probably will stay at airbnb or a hostel, should I give that address?
No, give a permanent address as PR takes 60 days or so to arrive, you would not want to lose it if you dont happen to stay in airbnb anymore.

Congrats, btw which VO was it that took 22 days?

Thanks in advance.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Great. Thanks for the quick answers. Just a follow up question on 3. I can land anywhere, but do I have to move to the destination city or I can go anywhere? NOT GOING TO QUEBEC.

I had to send mine to Singapore.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Great. Thanks for the quick answers. Just a follow up question on 3. I can land anywhere, but do I have to move to the destination city or I can go anywhere? NOT GOING TO QUEBEC.

I had to send mine to Singapore.
Can settle anywhere as FSW.

Jaskiran Kapoor

May 2, 2018
Little curious to know, can we put resignation in home country after receiving PPR email or shall we wait for COPR?

PS- I have not received PPR email yet.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Little curious to know, can we put resignation in home country after receiving PPR email or shall we wait for COPR?

PS- I have not received PPR email yet.
In the PPR email, it clearly will state not to resign or book a flight just because your got the PPR email. PPR email is not confirmation. COPR is the confirmation. I also waited till I get my account to update as approved.