Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
So i opened a scotiabank Right Start account from my country and transferred an amount on 3rd October. Though its just been 3-4 working days, I’d like to know someone else’s experience on how long it took to get the confirmation of receipt?

das3646

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Regarding Scotiabank Right Start, it has a condition that the transfer should happen from a financial institute in your home country. I have bank account in UAE from where I want to transfer money but my home country is India. Will my transfer be cancelled.

mmahmud

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
When you land in Canada, you have to take some of the money with you. You need to endorse them in your passport right? And also, can you endorse in CAD?

flame_twilight

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Hi guys, I have 2 questions that need your help.

1. I will land 1st then my wife and daughter will land 2 weeks later. So does my wife have to show proof of fund at custom?

2. Is there any other way to prove fund other than cash?

Thank you.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi guys, I have 2 questions that need your help.

1. I will land 1st then my wife and daughter will land 2 weeks later. So does my wife have to show proof of fund at custom?

2. Is there any other way to prove fund other than cash?

Thank you.
1. No, but no harm in carrying your bank statements.
2. Bank statements, no requirement of carrying cash at all.

And proof is not asked mandatory to all who land.

Reactions: flame_twilight

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

This is a post for those people who want to stay in Canada after doing their first landing. You should all go to your local Cross Cultural office with following documents:
1. COPR with their photocopies (for all family members)
2. SINs (for all family members)
3. Passports and copies of first page
4. Letters from your employers showing your worldly income (payslips will also do).

The cross cultural office is there to help you file documents for child benefit, GST/HST credit, Ontario trillium benefit (OTB), which is extra money that government of Canada will be giving you monthly (child benefit), OTB and GST/HST (quarterly). You can also use their services if your driving license needs translation.

I really had a good experience them and would advise you all to use this service. It is free of charge and they have really nice people.

Harleyquinn

Jun 5, 2018
Hi guys,
In my PPR it says that I need to send my passport to Islamabad but I live in Karachi. I am not sure if I am supposed to submit it to the VAC in Karachi or send it to Islamabad... any advice?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi guys,
In my PPR it says that I need to send my passport to Islamabad but I live in Karachi. I am not sure if I am supposed to submit it to the VAC in Karachi or send it to Islamabad... any advice?
You can deposit your passports at any vfs in pakistan. They will deliver it to islamabad.

rejozach

Star Member
Apr 22, 2018
Hi Guys.. I have received the PPR on October 9th I and need my passports to ADVO for visa stamping and COPR letter. In the PPR email I have two possible options
  1. To send it through VFS office in AUH (this costs about AED 733)
  2. Send it directly by courier to ADVO
Can I know if we there is any benefit in sending the passport through VFS as compared directly to the embassy. The PPR mail says CIC “prefers” the VFS option. I am not sure why they prefer the VFS option; but I am guessing it might be reduce the work load.I am sending my passports from Bahrain.

Any suggestions on this would be very helpful?

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys.. I have received the PPR on October 9th I and need my passports to ADVO for visa stamping and COPR letter. In the PPR email I have two possible options
Can I know if we there is any benefit in sending the passport through VFS as compared directly to the embassy. The PPR mail says CIC “prefers” the VFS option. I am not sure why they prefer the VFS option; but I am guessing it might be reduce the work load.I am sending my passports from Bahrain.

Send it by VFS definitely.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018

Vfs and chc are in cahoots, so of course they will prefer vfs.

darshaknir

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi, eveyone
I have received PPR request and I have not submitted my passport yet but I have to travel to India for a month on November 15th. What should I do about traveling? as I am going to submit my passport to get stamped, but should I do flagpolling and apply for PRTD or just come back from India to do flagpolling and will I be able to travel on the basis of Just stamp or need any formalities to be done?
your help is much appreciated.
thanks

balpreetn

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi Guys,

I received PPR email and have a query. The PPR email has Annex A as part of the email and not attached to the email as a separate document.
Any idea, where I can find the attachment for Annex A

Regards