+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post PPR Information and Discussions

SOORAJ

Jul 18, 2014
Hi I am a 2017 August application visa offic London got PPR request today. When I applied I was in Dubai. Now I lives in kerala. My question is can I send my passport through mail, if so where I need to send , or I should go to vsf office in Bangalore in person? Please help me thanks

meany23

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I received the "ready for visa" email today. As per the email, I'm required to submit:
1. Original Passport
2. 2 recent photographs
3. Print out of the email

I haven't received any attachment in the email. Am I missing anything or is that it?

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I received the "ready for visa" email today. As per the email, I'm required to submit:
1. Original Passport
2. 2 recent photographs
3. Print out of the email

I haven't received any attachment in the email. Am I missing anything or is that it?
No, you are not missing anything. It was same for me. Apparently they have different format for different countries. You need to submit only above mentioned documents at the vfs office.

Reactions: meany23

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hi I am a 2017 August application visa offic London got PPR request today. When I applied I was in Dubai. Now I lives in kerala. My question is can I send my passport through mail, if so where I need to send , or I should go to vsf office in Bangalore in person? Please help me thanks
Where did they ask you to submit passport ?

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
My debrief
VFS Ahmedabad
Reached VFS Ahmedabad at around 9.10AM - there was a long queue outside and for a moment I thought of returning and coming back the next day.
On enquiring the security personnel, realised that TRANSMISSION services does not require any appointment.
I carried 2 nos of VFS Consent form for each passport (for minor kids, I signed on their behalf) - make sure the concerned person signs on each page.
I also carried self attested photo copy of ID and BIO page of each passport (spouse signed for her passport).
Photos were clicked as per standard. It is advisable to measure the important dimensions at the studio itself (before accepting the photos) - besides ensure that both the photos have NAME, DOB of the applicant, and at least one also contain the full address of the studio (if stamped, better) and the date on which image was captured.
Was given a token and then waited - the average waiting time they mentioned was 20 min. Before that normal frisking etc. Ensure that you do not carry Laptops etc, and they also request you to switch ur mobile phone off (no airplane mode).
After 20 odd min, I was called inside a Bio capturing booth - I told them I ain't here for the same, to which they replied they know. The chap collected all the documents (including the PPR email) and neatly arranged them in a folder. Was then asked to pay cash of INR 441 per applicant. No queue for the same. After this I was given a long receipt with tracking IDs etc. I was told the application will take around 10 working days to collect. I did not subscribe to Return Courier or SMS services. They ain't needed. All updates are sent on email by default.
By late evening I received email message (one for each passport) that the application package is on its way to Delhi VFS. Next day I got emails saying that the package is on its way to IRCC and the next day (3rd working day) emails received saying that the application is in process at IRCC.
I submitted my passport on 15-Mar-2019.
VFS was a breeze - though I feel that we could have directly sent the passport to IRCC - VFS in this case is a bit bureaucratic, but no harsh complains.

ajj123

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hi All,

I am an FSW-O and have my CoPR, planning to do a soft-landing on a friday and go up to my friend's place in Toronto and return back on Sunday.

I am planning to rent a car and drive to Canada, Is it a good idea to cross the border on a friday at around 11am thru peace bridge and complete my landing formalities?
Hi ! Just wanted to check if you were able to do soft landing on a Friday? Which bridge did you cross? Are there any specific days to cross eace bridge or rainbow bridge.
We got our COPR's but only 2 weeks COPR visa validity. And have really short time to get our soft landing. Any input you can give really appreciate it!

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hi ! Just wanted to check if you were able to do soft landing on a Friday? Which bridge did you cross? Are there any specific days to cross eace bridge or rainbow bridge.
We got our COPR's but only 2 weeks COPR visa validity. And have really short time to get our soft landing. Any input you can give really appreciate it!
The day really doesnt matter. Friday should be fine. I landed at Peace Bridge - Buffalo.

Reactions: ajj123

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi Everyone...Do we need to take an appointment before visiting VFS Delhi to submit passport??
No, just visit on any working day and submit ir passport. Take 2 photographs( on one photo write Name, DOB, stamp of photo studio or name) , ppr mail printout, original passport.

beemvengat

Dec 3, 2014
India
AOR Received.
28-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
16-04-2019
Hi All,

My AOR is 18th Nov'18 and got PPR on 16th Apr'19. I'm about to submit my passports in VFS. I was told by my friend that the visa validity would be based on the medicals test date. Unfortunately, we completed our medicals on June 2018. In that will I get visa only till June 2019?

Manbirsingh

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Hi All,

My AOR is 18th Nov'18 and got PPR on 16th Apr'19. I'm about to submit my passports in VFS. I was told by my friend that the visa validity would be based on the medicals test date. Unfortunately, we completed our medicals on June 2018. In that will I get visa only till June 2019?
No, ur friend means that u should enter Canada before ur medical expires, ur medical shouldn’t be expired when u r entering canada

beemvengat

Dec 3, 2014
India
AOR Received.
28-Nov-2018
Passport Req..
16-04-2019
No, ur friend means that u should enter Canada before ur medical expires, ur medical shouldn’t be expired when u r entering canada
Thanks Manbirsingh.

On either case, I'm afraid that I may not be able to travel by June 2019.

Few queries,

Can I retake medicals and travel later( by Sep 2019)?

I also hear that there will be validity for CoPR. Will it be also same as one year from medicals?