Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
VFS Process and Experience in Bangalore

1. They issue a token after security screening and let you inside.
2. You have to wait till they call out your token number (the video display with token numbers was lagging and very soft in sound, not much audible)
3. They will give you a form to fill a few details including cash payment details (make sure to carry a pen)
4. When your token number is called then head to the counter
5. At the counter provide the PPR Mail copy, 2 Photographs, VFS Consent form, Passports (one PPR mail copy is fine for two applicants, but for each applicant present the others things separately)
6. Then go to cash counter and make the payment (Passport Transmission - Rs. 637, Courier Charges - Rs 397, SMS service - Rs 53, Photocopies and scan charges extra. No photograph facility in VFS Bangalore)
7. Return to the counter and provide the payment slips to VFS. They will provide the receipt and details on how to collect the passport if you do not use the courier service.

Pros
1. Process is not that long and is finished quickly when initiated.
2. There is not much queue if you go mid week around 9:00 am.

Cons
1. Lady at the cash counter goes missing sometimes and then you need to wait for her return
2. No proper video and audio device to present token number clearly. Have to stay attentive to hear your number from the VFS employees mouth.
3. Under staffed and some counters remain closed or operate very slowly. This causes unnecessary delay for you.
4. The cash counter lady had no idea that cash payments need to be done. then another person announced the process for cash payment.
5. Not a process orientated place.

Documents carried:
1. PPR Mail copies (only one copy taken for two applicants)
2. Photographs (4 for each applicant - vfs accepted just 2 photographs for each applicant, one photo had details written on its back)
3. Passports for each applicant (current passports for both applicants)
4. VFS Consent forms for each applicant (VFS consent forms can be downloaded from the VFS Canada page)

Hope this helps. Others can explain the VFS process at their respective locations. Will help everyone post PPR mail.

thanks,
tbn2k18
Hi do we need vfs consent form even if all the applicants are going to the vfs office to drop the passports ??

JJ April Aor

Nov 11, 2018
Hi do we need vfs consent form even if all the applicants are going to the vfs office to drop the passports ??
Hi,
VFS Consent form (available there) is to give our consent to VFS services,collection and submission of our Docs and we just need to fill in our details and sign.

You can take the passports on behalf of all the dependents,no authorization form is required.

Adding to that Photographs and photocopies can be taken from VFS office Banglore.But better to carry enough photos(2 Each) and passport copy (one each) and PPR email copy in hand as the service charge is very high there.

It's better to carry change & Coins with you as they are stubborn in this matter.

Reactions: SumH12

Mr@P

Jan 23, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
JUNE 1 2018
Hi,
VFS Consent form (available there) is to give our consent to VFS services,collection and submission of our Docs and we just need to fill in our details and sign.

You can take the passports on behalf of all the dependents,no authorization form is required.

Adding to that Photographs and photocopies can be taken from VFS office Banglore.But better to carry enough photos(2 Each) and passport copy (one each) and PPR email copy in hand as the service charge is very high there.

It's better to carry change & Coins with you as they are stubborn in this matter.
Hi thanks for your message I have just dropped my passports at the VFS Bangalore ! Now the wait starts for COPR

mayankrawat23

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hello, I got the PPR mail today morning.

As per mail & VFS website, I'm taking following documents tommorow at VFS office in Mumbai, ( I'm the only one applied)

Can you please check and let me know if I missed anything,

1. Passports ( Both current & expired with 2 print copies each)
2. PPR mail ( 2 copies)
3. Two and more Photographs as per instruction in mail ( 50mm x 70 mm) - I was suprised how big the size of photos are in this layout
4. VFS Global consent form ( 2 copies)
5. One Envelope
6. Cash ( Can you tell me how much to carry - just so I have change)

Franlloyd

Jan 5, 2019
Hello, I got the PPR mail today morning.

As per mail & VFS website, I'm taking following documents tommorow at VFS office in Mumbai, ( I'm the only one applied)

Can you please check and let me know if I missed anything,

1. Passports ( Both current & expired with 2 print copies each)
2. PPR mail ( 2 copies)
3. Two and more Photographs as per instruction in mail ( 50mm x 70 mm) - I was suprised how big the size of photos are in this layout
4. VFS Global consent form ( 2 copies)
5. One Envelope
6. Cash ( Can you tell me how much to carry - just so I have change)
That correct.

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Applied for Planning for Canada services using this link https://www.planningforcanada.ca/

Have heard that such services are must attend for new immigrants. I will provide more information once I attend the session.
As said by @tbn2k18 , Planning for Canada sessions are must attend for every immigrant. They can be attended after obtaining PPR e-mail.
Please attend them few months (around 2 months) before your departure. These are pre-arrival services provided, at no charge.

Please register using the link: https://2register.planningforcanada.ca/register/index.php
You will be asked to provide a copy of your PPR e-mail.

The reviews on these sessions can be read on the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/PlanningforCanadaIndiaCIIP/

I believe, many applicants are unaware of this, hence they do not attend these sessions.
Please share it and spread it to as many as possible PPR candidates

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hi, after getting request for passport I mailed my passport along with supporting documents to cic Ottawa. My documents got delivered on 6th February, and I am still waiting for my cic account status or return shipment tracking update. Any idea what is the current process time in Ottawa cic? I applied from USA and I am an Indian citizen.

Ronaldinho

Dec 9, 2018
Hi fellas ,
I need your help regarding my question:
I got CoRP and have to enter into Canada until December 2019, so my question is, as far as I know I can freely use eTA and arrange my flights, am I right?
Also, I will do a soft landing which means that I will stay there for 2-3 weeks and will come back home, so does anybody know what the procedure is?
Appreciate your support.
Best regards

Itsmemairaj

Aug 28, 2018
Hi All,

Any suggestion regarding opening account in Canadian banks from UAE.

I don't want to convert my savings into INR so will be very much helpful if anyone can advice how can I transfer that to Canada.
HI, were you able to transfer the money from UAE? Do share the process pls

snana

Aug 18, 2014
Exacly. I applied with my partner and we only received one PPR with Annex A to filled up. I simply put only my signature there and sent it to visa office and there was no problem at all. Now I am a landed immigrant. :)
Exacly. I applied with my partner and we only received one PPR with Annex A to filled up. I simply put only my signature there and sent it to visa office and there was no problem at all. Now I am a landed immigrant. :)
Hi Krystine,

After landing when asked for providing address for delivering, can I (NB PNP) give a Toronto address?

pranitha

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
AOR Received.
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
22-01-2019
does anybody whose visa office in Calgary get PPR?
Hi. Did you receive ppr? How many days did it take for processing? My application is processing in Calgary VO. I would like to know how the processing is in Calgary VO.

killeza

Jun 6, 2018
Hi, I have received PPR email and I will be going to VFS office in Bangalore, India to submit my passport. Do I need to give my biometrics as well and pay the biometric fee? As per Canada Immigration site, it says biometric is need for permanent residence but biometric is not needed for permanent resident travel document. So I am not sure. Any clarity here would be appreciated.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, I have received PPR email and I will be going to VFS office in Bangalore, India to submit my passport. Do I need to give my biometrics as well and pay the biometric fee? As per Canada Immigration site, it says biometric is need for permanent residence but biometric is not needed for permanent resident travel document. So I am not sure. Any clarity here would be appreciated.
When you go there they will guide you for the process.. please take your fingers and palm of your hands along :D

Biometrics was mainly required for people from the Middle East and countries such as Pakistan earlier