+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Personal History

Chalna

Feb 28, 2021
I missed putting one of my address in the address history in Pr application. I was working there for 4 months and that city is 3 hrs away from my present city. I have put in the address for my present city. Will that be an issue? If yes, how will I be able to rectify it?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
I missed putting one of my address in the address history in Pr application. I was working there for 4 months and that city is 3 hrs away from my present city. I have put in the address for my present city. Will that be an issue? If yes, how will I be able to rectify it?
The addresses you put is where you’ve established residence (e.g., receiving mails, where you sleep) and for PCC purposes (if you lived 6 months or more in a row in a certain country, the system will ask you for PCC). If it’s for working (I’m assuming you’re not claiming points), it should’ve been captured under your personal history. Did you mention it under personal history?

Ses1

Jul 30, 2017
I realized that I did not include four jobs on my personal history that were all part-time casual whilst studying full time. I also forgot one casual job in Canada which I worked at only for a week. I submitted my PR application three days ago. Should I submit these jobs through the web form and apologize for originally not including as they were casual whilst studying? Is there any other avenues to add this information to my application?

I understand they did not add to my points I just realized that I have not included them and want to be honest.
Should i mention self employment job in personal history or not kindly reply bro

Ses1

Jul 30, 2017
Thanks @21Goose !

I had another quick question. During my studies in Canada, I was doing part time job as well and also some part time gig along with the full time job. Now in my personal history i have shown them all the education history and the full time jobs and unemployment without any time gap. So is it necessary to mention the part time job as well. Because if i don't show the part time job, still my personal history has no gaps. But I don't want hide or misrepresent anything. So should all the part time works also be mentioned in the personal history section with the overlap with my study and full time job ?

Thanks!
Hi should we me tion part time job that did while study or not
T

Prag2983

Mar 22, 2021
Hi
Please help me i am just going to submit my profile next week, as i have done so many part time work while studies and I don’t know the exact months, as i worked for so many companies at the same time and i was getting paid by cheques, so don’t know the months. It should be okay. If i just write that i was studying at that time, it should be okay ? If I don’t mention about that work??

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
I realized that I did not include four jobs on my personal history that were all part-time casual whilst studying full time. I also forgot one casual job in Canada which I worked at only for a week. I submitted my PR application three days ago. Should I submit these jobs through the web form and apologize for originally not including as they were casual whilst studying? Is there any other avenues to add this information to my application?

I understand they did not add to my points I just realized that I have not included them and want to be honest.
Wat Did u done ?even I forget to mention one of my part time job which overlapping my primary occupation .there is no gap in my personal history. If I get ans please do reply .

ibelieve

May 3, 2016
If you aren't getting points for those jobs, and your history has no gaps, you don't have to show them. Apply a standard of reasonableness here.

For example, you were in school for two years, and you occasionally worked as event staff at a convention center to make some extra money (assuming you're legally allowed to work, let's say you were in your home country). You don't have to talk about that since no one cares that you worked two weekends every three months to earn some beer money. Your primary occupation during those two years is "Studying".

Misrepresention is when you lie/omit something that is material to your application. It's not misrep. if you don't tell IRCC about the time you made $50 teaching the neighbor's kid some calculus while you were home for a summer vacation.
Hi I am just wondering if you get your PR even if you did not include your PT job in the personal history?

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
I mentioned all my part time jobs while studying. They clearly states that mention everything.

RedTree

Jul 18, 2020
Does anyone know if we need to update our profiles (or filled out the webform) if we get a new job?
My application is based on the job I did in the past, and I am currently on open work permit. So I am curious if, with Express entry, I have to update them every time my employment status changes (personal history)

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Does anyone know if we need to update our profiles (or filled out the webform) if we get a new job?
My application is based on the job I did in the past, and I am currently on open work permit. So I am curious if, with Express entry, I have to update them every time my employment status changes (personal history)
No need unless you’ve claimed job offer points from your previous job. Read your AOR letter, it’s stated there the instances when you need to inform IRCC post AOR.

Reactions: RedTree

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
If you aren't getting points for those jobs, and your history has no gaps, you don't have to show them. Apply a standard of reasonableness here.

For example, you were in school for two years, and you occasionally worked as event staff at a convention center to make some extra money (assuming you're legally allowed to work, let's say you were in your home country). You don't have to talk about that since no one cares that you worked two weekends every three months to earn some beer money. Your primary occupation during those two years is "Studying".

Misrepresention is when you lie/omit something that is material to your application. It's not misrep. if you don't tell IRCC about the time you made $50 teaching the neighbor's kid some calculus while you were home for a summer vacation.
Hi,
If there are some errors in previous applications, pertaining to unskilled work and not skilled occupations, then do we clarify that in the future new application and correct it (stating that it was a mistake)? Please help.
For example, if somebody has error in months and dates in prior study, PG work permit application and Tourist visa application, and is freshly applying for a IMM permit, then do we mention the errors in the past application (with a letter of explanation) so that it becomes clear that is was unintentional OR we put in the fresh information (with valid proof, even if it contradicts the previous dates/months to a little extent) ?

[These errors are all regarding unskilled work in "employment section" + some errors in months in "countries of residence section"]
PLEASE HELP

Last edited:

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
if you haven’t submitted it yet you can add as a personal history it wont need the supporting documents
Hey Dxr, if we put something in personal history, does it need to match the employment sections of temporary forms (like study visa or trv visa). Are those two sections the same?

red_bird08

Feb 29, 2020
I am in a strange situation..i got schedule A where i have to give personal history again. It's mentioned I also state list of organisations i have been part of just like in personal history.

I am a professional engineer of the local governing engineering body as it's required for every engineer. But i didn't mention it in my profile's Personal history. I completely forgot since there were no gaps and I was focusing on education and jobs mostly. Should i mention it now and provide an LOE?

Eleesa

May 13, 2022
I am in same situation as you i forgot to add experience of wht should i do .did i me
Hey I am in the same situation. I got my PR approved, but am filing for my husband where they clearly ask for employment history. I guess here I should mention my part time jobs which I.missed putting during my PR application. Could any please suggest? Is there would be any problem?

Parag1211

Feb 17, 2023
Hi All,

In personal history section,

1. Do we have to show all activities without gape for last 10 years?
2. I didn't show my wife's experience for points, Do I still need to show her experiences in personal history? we don't have her documents to show experience.

Please advise.