+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA Personal History

ppooooyyaa

Jul 23, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for my study permit in 2016 to study my master in Canada. After that, I extended my study permit once and I took my post-graduate work permit. In all of these forms, I used July 2016 as the date that I finished my bachelor studies because I received the last mark in July. I need to mention that when I was applying for my study permit, my bachelor's diploma was not issued yet.

These days I'm going to apply for my permanent residency and I asked my university to issue my diploma. In the diploma, they reported my graduation date the same as the date of my last exam, which was June 2016.

So in my permanent residency form, the bachelor graduation date will be different from all other forms that I submitted before. Is there any way to fix this issue? Is an explanation letter enough to explain the situation?

Thank you all in advance.

patelyogesh2

Star Member
Oct 24, 2017
Hello everyone,
I have similar question. I started working on October 2019, but I did not change my address in my driving license or any other documents. Because I was living with my friends. I changed my address in license in august 2020.

my problem is that job city and home city do not match for 10 months. So what should i do for personal history?

thank you

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
hi guys im posting this here as well as im slightly worried.

I applied for my PR back in 2017 through a lawyer and was just looking at the application today as i was preparing my citizenship application.

Under Canadian address history they put from 2015-02-15 till 2016-06-15. In actually fact i was only there until 2015-12-01 before moving onto the next address.

Now for my citizenship application i have to include past 5 years address history so there will be a discrepancy.

Should i ignore it as it is non material or should in include a letter of explanation saying address was mistakenly put wrong at time of PR application?

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi All,
I am in a little strange situation, not sure if someone with a similar situation has already got this answered.
So, I have submitted my eAPR earlier this month, after I received an ITA. In the Post ITA application that I submitted, for my education history I have added the months of completion of my education as per the month printed on my result mark sheets for each degree.
Example:
  1. Bachelors degree from June 2008 to July 2011
  2. Masters degree from September 2011 to June 2014

But I just realized in my original Express Entry forms, I had tried to guess the start/end months of my both degree's and entered something like:
  1. Bachelors degree from June 2008 to March 2011
  2. Masters degree from August 2011 to June 2014
As you can see there is a couple of months difference in my start and end month represented in my EE profile versus my actual Post ITA application.
Similar problem has happened for my spouse's education+personal history because as soon as he ended his Bacherlor's degree he was on a 1 year break (Unemployed) and then began Master's degree in the next year.

Note that both our personal history (Education history + Any gaps + Work history) in our Post ITA application is accurate and the dates used for education start and end date is as per our result Marksheets. There are no gaps anywhere in the Post ITA application.

Also, this change did not impact my overall CRS score at all, but I do not wish for this to be counted as misrepresentation of information for my application, so should I submit a request through a web form to IRCC and inform them about this small glitch and let them know the EE dates are incorrect but Post ITA eAPR is correct?

Any suggestions on this, is this a major problem?

Sep 28, 2020
Hi, I had question about the Personal History part of the application. I finished a job in December 2012 and was travelling around the world between Jan 2013 - Aug 2013.

Is it enough to put Unemployed, Travelling for Dec 2012 - August 2013 but my location as my home address (England). Or would you recommend I break this down further, ie. Jan - Feb 2013 in Peru, Feb-March in Bolivia, etc?

I have included all of the countries and dates in my travel history so wondering if I should duplicate this for Personal History?

Thanks in advance!

Curlymonster

Nov 12, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am updating my personal history. Do I need to show gaps in dates for e.g. 21st Aug 2020 last day of my ABC company and joining 4th Sept 2020 XYZ Company.

Do I need to show myself as Unemployed from 22nd Aug till 3rd Sept? or it doesn't matter!!

Please share some guidance as I have not left gaps in months but yes some days are missing in my information.
Thank you so much :)

nidss

Sep 28, 2020
Hi guys, need your help here...

I was studying executive masters degree along with my job(claimed points for both)
Now in me personal history section, it has auto populated those details so for the 2 year period i see 2 different rows, one saying educational activity and one saying work.
Can it cause any issue in my application? As the question says "Please describe what this person was doing during this period " and there are 2 different rows with 2 different answers for the same period of time.
1 row says I was studying during this period with the college name and other details.
2nd row says I was working during this period with my company details.

Please need some insights here on what should be done..

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am updating my personal history. Do I need to show gaps in dates for e.g. 21st Aug 2020 last day of my ABC company and joining 4th Sept 2020 XYZ Company.

Do I need to show myself as Unemployed from 22nd Aug till 3rd Sept? or it doesn't matter!!

Please share some guidance as I have not left gaps in months but yes some days are missing in my information.
Thank you so much :)
Show yourself as unemployed from 22nd Aug til' 3rd Sept. Better safe than sorry. Leave NO GAPS.

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi guys, need your help here...

I was studying executive masters degree along with my job(claimed points for both)
Now in me personal history section, it has auto populated those details so for the 2 year period i see 2 different rows, one saying educational activity and one saying work.
Can it cause any issue in my application? As the question says "Please describe what this person was doing during this period " and there are 2 different rows with 2 different answers for the same period of time.
1 row says I was studying during this period with the college name and other details.
2nd row says I was working during this period with my company details.

Please need some insights here on what should be done..
You need to look into whether your work experience while on your study permit is eligible for points. AFAIK, any work experience gained while on a study permit does not count towards CEC except for Foreign Work Experience, but I could be wrong so I will say look into it further.

Lots of people do COOP programs, so if your work and education history are overlapping, that isn't an issue. The issue is when you're claiming points for work experience while on a study permit. As that does NOT count towards CEC.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29

Kaur1984

Feb 14, 2021
Hi, I came to Canada in November 2015 at the age of 19. I did an advanced diploma(post-secondary) of three years from 2016 to 2018 and started working full time from Jan 2019. My question is in Personal history do I have to add any education before post-secondary as I haven't mentioned it in my express entry profile?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
If I recall correctly, personal history asks you for all activities in the past 10 years or after you were 18 years old, whichever is earlier. So yes.

You only put details in education section if you’re claiming points for it — e.g., your Canadian diploma. If not, it goes to personal history.

AVNEETKAUR91

Feb 19, 2021
I realized that I did not include four jobs on my personal history that were all part-time casual whilst studying full time. I also forgot one casual job in Canada which I worked at only for a week. I submitted my PR application three days ago. Should I submit these jobs through the web form and apologize for originally not including as they were casual whilst studying? Is there any other avenues to add this information to my application?

I understand they did not add to my points I just realized that I have not included them and want to be honest.
Hi, I am in the same situation.I just submitted my PR Application file but realized that I forgot to mention one of my jobs in my personal history section .Is there any way I can add that to my file now or send them any letter of explanation?Please help.what did you do?

Muhammad Shahrukh

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Can I add part time experience as unemployed in personal history for four month. In reality I only work for two months and I visited back home for the rest of the month.