+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post ITA 4th September

Ctv92

Jul 11, 2019
Hi all!

Have all the docs ready, but can't find a place to make a digital photo in the US.

Been to CVS, Walgreens, Stapes, AAA: 'sorry, we can't give you digital photo, we can only print'.
Any ideas/suggestions? Would scanning ruin the photo quality and make it unacceptable for Canada?

Does Canada accept imaged made via the 'passport photo' apps? They also seem to be of pretty low quality. Some of the docs also said that the photo must be taken by a professional photographer, so it means that they can notice the fake white background made via app.
What's your experience with photos?
I had someone take a passport style picture of me on my phone against a white wall at my house (took some tries). was during the day for optimal lighting. then used idphoto4you.com to edit it to required dimensions. this isnt the photo that'll end up on PR card. you send in printed passport pics when they request ppr...that definitely has to be professionally done.

I've had 3 previous Canadian visitor visas and always used my phone without a problem.

vsfedotov

Aug 12, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I had someone take a passport style picture of me on my phone against a white wall at my house (took some tries). was during the day for optimal lighting. then used idphoto4you.com to edit it to required dimensions. this isnt the photo that'll end up on PR card. you send in printed passport pics when they request ppr...that definitely has to be professionally done.

I've had 3 previous Canadian visitor visas and always used my phone without a problem.
Thanks! This is exactly what me and my wife did yesterday. Good that you confirmed it worked for your previous visas.
My consultant (I hired her only to review docs and honestly not sure she's 100% competent) just told me that the photos are fine.

Dee1729

Star Member
Aug 13, 2019
Can anyone tell me how to get pcc from new york cgi? Each embassy location has their separate set of requirements.

Also, can anyone tell me how long does it take?

NMS@

Apr 5, 2019
New Delhi, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
O7-10-19
AOR Received.
07-10-19
Can anyone tell me how to get pcc from new york cgi? Each embassy location has their separate set of requirements.

I wish I could help.
Try finding similar threads and tag people you might find useful. This specific kind of questions need specific people who dealt with similar problems.
Good luck!

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019

New York takes a day I think. Just go to the embassy website and follow the instructions. Going physically if you can is always better. Take a day off from work if you have to.

Reactions: Dee1729