+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit refused due to Unauthorized work

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I just haven't done it since I didn't want to risk it since I was technically inadmissible so I didn't want to push it.
Yes but even if you had done unauthorized work, how do they expect us to not work for so many months until they get back to us? Even if we’re technically inadmissible, we haven’t heard back yet. I’m pretty much running out of money.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes but even if you had done unauthorized work, how do they expect us to not work for so many months until they get back to us? Even if we’re technically inadmissible, we haven’t heard back yet. I’m pretty much running out of money.
Hard for me to comment. Are you out of status? How did that happen?

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
Hard for me to comment. Are you out of status? How did that happen?
I applied before my permit expired, but I had done some full time work before. Now I know it’s unauthorized. I submitted a LOE and quit work to make a case of contrition. But now they have transferred my file to Etobicoke. It’ll take them 10 months to get back to me.

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
H
I'm pretty sure you're classified as an essential worker so you'd definitely be fine! I also had some unauthorised work but mine was before the order came through to let international kids work full time! I called a lawyer and she said that most likely it would not be a problem in any way, and I also submitted a Letter of Explanation just to admit to my mistake and make sure they knew.

I applied on the 18th of June from Ontario too so I'd say you're fine, it's just taking them time to work through the applications.
Hi,
Can u please tell me your situation, like how much of unauthorized work did u do, was is full time, was it during your studies or after? Did u get your pgwp approved? Please your response would be appreciated. I’m in a similar situation. Thanks

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
Hi!

I had like two months I think total of unauthorised work and no, it wasn't full time. I worked part time in a grocery store and occasionally bc of Covid I went over the 20 hour limit and did like 25 hours a week instead. It was during my studies, in my final year and I'm still waiting for a decision on my permit.

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
Hi!

I had like two months I think total of unauthorised work and no, it wasn't full time. I worked part time in a grocery store and occasionally bc of Covid I went over the 20 hour limit and did like 25 hours a week instead. It was during my studies, in my final year and I'm still waiting for a decision on my permit.
Thanks for responding. I really hope it goes well. I’m freaking out

NPreti8195

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
There's really nothing you can do and I know that sounds sort of futile but it is just not worth worrying about it! Try and keep your head up and focus on other things!

LlAmour

Oct 3, 2021
I finished my study on september 7 2018 and got a noc B job on sep 17 and i started working full time immediately. My visa was expiring on nov 3rd so someone suggested to go for flagpoling for applying pgwp. By the time i went for flagpoling, i already worked for full time for a month in that new job. Cbsa said that i did authorized work and she refused my pgwp and barred me from applying for 6 months.
Hi, did u get to apply for pgwp again after your ban? If so was it approved?

jahsjsjd

Apr 13, 2020
Hi!

Did you submit the LOE for working more than 20 hours?