+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit refused due to Unauthorized work

sushrut

Sep 24, 2017
hiii,

I completed two 1 year programs here in canada. I applied for my post graduation work permit and is has been refused due to unauthorized work. My study permit is expired on june 30 2017.

Education Details

1 year at Fanshawe college, London ON [sept 2015 to apr 2016]
1 year at Centennial College, Toronto ON [Sept 2016 to apr 2017]

I worked full time for almost two months [May 2016, June 2016] after completing my 1 year program as my second program was only available in September intake.

I have no status here in canada. Is there any option to get Post graduation work permit after this refusal or I have to pack my bags?

Need help. It's urgent.

Thanks.

Reactions: sasakshi

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
hiii,

I completed two 1 year programs here in canada. I applied for my post graduation work permit and is has been refused due to unauthorized work. My study permit is expired on june 30 2017.

Education Details

I worked full time for almost two months [May 2016, June 2016] after completing my 1 year program as my second program was only available in September intake.

I have no status here in canada. Is there any option to get Post graduation work permit after this refusal or I have to pack my bags?

Need help. It's urgent.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I don't see any other option.
Sorry

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hiii,

Education Details

Need help. It's urgent.

Thanks.
You will not be able to get a PGWP. You only option is to leave Canada.

Reactions: Immstu

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Agreed with the above. You were not permitted to work (either part time or full time) between your programs and definitely engaged in illegal work. Your PGWP has been rightly refused and there's no chance you can get one at this point.

You could try restoring your status to visitor. However I think there's a good chance this application may be refused and this won't allow you to work or remain in Canada for very long. I think your best option is to return home as soon as possible. Once home, you can try to secure a job offer in Canada supported by an LMIA. If you can secure a job offer and LMIA, then you can try applying for a closed work permit so that you can return to Canada.

sushrut

Sep 24, 2017
Thanks everyone for replying. I actually wasn't aware that i can't work as i thought it's a summer break. I met a lawyer who told me that i can appeal for the decision requesting to reconsider my application saying that i didn't work intentionally. It was just a lack of knowledge which really was the case. Is that really an option or the lawyer was just making a story?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thanks everyone for replying. I actually wasn't aware that i can't work as i thought it's a summer break. I met a lawyer who told me that i can appeal for the decision requesting to reconsider my application saying that i didn't work intentionally. It was just a lack of knowledge which really was the case. Is that really an option or the lawyer was just making a story?
Hope your lawyer tells you that ignorance of law is not an excuse

Reactions: JustJules170

ravitsharma

Oct 30, 2015
hiii,

Education Details

Need help. It's urgent.

Thanks.

ravitsharma

Oct 30, 2015
I heard that first time even everyone does full time job during the break time between two programs but never heard the rejection because of this tiny reason.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
I heard that first time even everyone does full time job during the break time between two programs but never heard the rejection because of this tiny reason.
If it was the same course, you could work in the summer I believe, but as it was two different courses, you were not allowed.
CIC revised the regulations for international students recently. See below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Students who have completed a program of study and will be starting a new program of study within 150 days of receiving a written confirmation of program completion from their current institution
Students may work off campus on a full-time basis until the start of their new program if the following applies:

• they meet the eligibility criteria to work off campus [R186(v)]
  • they have received written confirmation of program completion from their current institution (for instance, a transcript or an official letter)
  • they have submitted an application to change conditions, extend their stay or remain in Canada as a student before their current study permit expired, or they still have a valid study permit
  • they have been issued a letter of acceptance to a subsequent program of full-time study at a DLI and will be starting the new program within 150 calendar days of receiving a notification of program completion from their current institution
If the new program of study starts more than 150 calendar days after the first date they receive written confirmation of program completion from their current institution, the student is eligible to work off campus only during the first 150 consecutive days after the first date they receive written confirmation of program completion. They should then either apply to change their status (for instance, change it into visitor status) or leave Canada until their new program commences.

Students who have applied to extend their stay in Canada as a student are required to cease working if their study permit application is refused.

Reactions: Avi474

Susanng

Jul 20, 2018
hiii,

Education Details

Need help. It's urgent.

Thanks.
How are you? Did you get the work permit in the end?

Basn

Oct 20, 2018
hi, my pgwp was refused because of unauthorized work after completing studies and got 6 months barr from applying study or work permit. I met a lawyer who says he can help me on this. Is there anything he can do or he is just bluffing? Should I leave canada? help me