+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit refused due to Unauthorized work

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
Hey guys.. My PGWP was approved for 3 years..
I applied on 23rd November 2019 and got it on 19th Feb 2020..
Good luck to everyone who are waiting for theirs..
Congrats! I applied on Feb 14. Is the waiting time high because of the high number of applications they get?

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
i wouldn't say that coz I expected mine only by March but got it even before February ended
Ah okay, I just wanted to ask how long they take per application? like they don't spend an entire month on every application right ? I am sorry I m new into this.

Kay2018

Jan 11, 2018
Newfoundland and Labrador
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-03-2021
Ah okay, I just wanted to ask how long they take per application? like they don't spend an entire month on every application right ? I am sorry I m new into this.
It takes an average of at least 2 months coz they do a thorough run on your profile. That's why it takes forever for an application to get approved.

dududu

May 25, 2020
Hi, I was wondering if it worked out for you?

Did you continue to work full time after you applied for PGWP?

Please help!! In a similar situation

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
In my case l continued to work fulltime after I applied for PGWP. Pgwp was approved in 90 days.

Hassan17

Apr 2, 2019
Hi, I was wondering if it worked out for you?

Did you continue to work full time after you applied for PGWP?

Please help!! In a similar situation
Hello, Yes my application was approved 2 weeks ago. I got my work permit valid for 3 years.

Nknishant

May 26, 2020
Hello, Yes my application was approved 2 weeks ago. I got my work permit valid for 3 years.
Hello everyone , I have recently completed my study .I want to know if i can work full time in essential service before applying for pgwp . As my official transcript will take longer to get published due to covid19 . Thank you

Yash1995

Apr 13, 2020
Hello everyone , I have recently completed my study .I want to know if i can work full time in essential service before applying for pgwp . As my official transcript will take longer to get published due to covid19 . Thank you
You can work part time before receiving your transcript. Make sure your study permit is up to date

sakshamgulati

Jun 16, 2019
Hi All, I had a question about some of the part-time TA work that I did for my professor. I was wondering if this could be considered as "unauthorized" work under any circumstances

Teaching Assistantship Begin Date- 01st May 2020
Got a "Preliminary" grade report- 15th May 2020
Got completion of degree letter- 25th May 2020
Work permit applied- 12th June 2020
Official convocation- 18th June 2020
Study permit validity- 30th Sept 2020
TA contract- May-August (44 Hours total or 11 hours per month)

My TA was approved and I was working as a TA before receiving my final marks and letter of degree completion. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I had to stop working the day I get a "Preliminary" grade report. As you can notice, I have applied for a Work permit even before my convocation. I am not sure if that helps at all.
I did some research and I think I should be eligible for an R186(W) since I was working part-time for the University of Toronto. Please suggest me the way forward.

lahana112

Sep 28, 2020
Only look at facts, don't listen to someone who says you can't. You can work full time as a student in Essential Services per:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/04/removing-barriers-for-international-students-working-in-essential-services-to-fight-covid-19.html

List of Essential services by sector:
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx

lahana112

Sep 28, 2020
There's no reason for you to worry. It's only a week. Even if they check, they do an average not everyday work hours.
As long as there are no red flags on your application such as:

- Break from study
- Work after your study permit ended
- Problem over previous study/visitor visas that will make them have a second look at your profile

They won't calculate your hours. There are thousands of applicants, they won't check everyone.

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
I got my final transcript saying my degree was conferred in June. However, I began working full time and I only got to submit my PGWP application last week of September. I did not say on that application I had unauthorized work because I did not know I couldn't work. Should I hire a lawyer to provide a letter of explanation?

But I did mention on the application that I have a job from June and it is the same as my "potential employer"

Did anyone get their application rejected because of unauthorized work? What are the odds of that happening?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
I got my final transcript saying my degree was conferred in June. However, I began working full time and I only got to submit my PGWP application last week of September. I did not say on that application I had unauthorized work because I did not know I couldn't work. Should I hire a lawyer to provide a letter of explanation?

But I did mention on the application that I have a job from June and it is the same as my "potential employer"

Did anyone get their application rejected because of unauthorized work? What are the odds of that happening?
You can just wait and see what happens. Or even submit a webform explaining your situation.
How many days between date on application and date on transcript ?

Barnana

Star Member
Oct 13, 2020
You can just wait and see what happens. Or even submit a webform explaining your situation.
How many days between date on application and date on transcript ?
I'm planning to explain what happened on the web form, but I don't know if that'll help my situation. My final transcript came in June 2020 and the application was submitted in September. I have been working unauthorized for 3 months..... That's a long time and I don't really know what to expect :/