russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I am not making this decision for you. Whether you think it was intentional or not, you done it. YOU have to make the decision. It was YOU that put the wrong dates in. It was is YOU that has to deal with any consequences that may or may not arise from putting the wrong dates in. You already said you knew what you were doing, so I'm sorry, but you have to live with whatever happens. Last post I am making. Good luck

AliZeus

May 3, 2019
Hi folks,
I've recently completed my master's degree and I'm planning to apply for PGWP soon, but I see my chance pretty low coz:
1. I took leave of absence for 2 semesters (spring-summer and fall), which is above 150 days of leave.
2. I've worked part-time on-campus and off-campus during the leave!, which I assume is considered an unauthorized work.
So, It's pretty obvious that my application is going to be refused.
What do you guys suggest? Should I try my chance (knowing that I will be banned for 6-months from any application)? Or I should another type of work permit?
I really don't want to get back to my country as it's situation is awful :(

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi folks,
I've recently completed my master's degree and I'm planning to apply for PGWP soon, but I see my chance pretty low coz:
1. I took leave of absence for 2 semesters (spring-summer and fall), which is above 150 days of leave.
2. I've worked part-time on-campus and off-campus during the leave!, which I assume is considered an unauthorized work.
So, It's pretty obvious that my application is going to be refused.
What do you guys suggest? Should I try my chance (knowing that I will be banned for 6-months from any application)? Or I should another type of work permit?
I really don't want to get back to my country as it's situation is awful :(
i think its better to go for another program even one year

AliZeus

May 3, 2019
i think its better to go for another program even one year
First, it was my second masters and I'm sick of studying!
Second, I cannot afford any other program as an international student. Actually, I ruined my chance PGWP coz of my financial difficulties. Tho in that time I was not aware of that.

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
First, it was my second masters and I'm sick of studying!
Second, I cannot afford any other program as an international student. Actually, I ruined my chance PGWP coz of my financial difficulties. Tho in that time I was not aware of that.
did you try to consult immigration lawyers or consultant

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
Hi,
Am I in trouble for working part-time on-campus (see point 2 below) before applying for PGWP (see point 5 below)?
If yes, What can/should I do to fix my situation? Thank you in advance.

1) Final Exam date -- Fri 23/Aug/2019
2) Started Part-Time Professor position at the same college on Wed 4/Sep/2019. A 13hrs/week contract.
3) Course Completion Letter issued and received == Thu 12/Sep/2019 == 1 Year Ontario College Certificate == Completion Date in the letter is 24/Aug/2019
4) Official Transcript issued == Tue 17/Sep/2019
5) Applied online for PGWP == Mon 7/Oct/2019 == my imm5710e shows I started working as per point 2
6) Study Permit expires == Sat 30/Nov/2019

Reactions: Jay01Y

AliZeus

May 3, 2019
Hi,
Am I in trouble for working part-time on-campus (see point 2 below) before applying for PGWP (see point 5 below)?
If yes, What can/should I do to fix my situation? Thank you in advance.

1) Final Exam date -- Fri 23/Aug/2019
2) Started Part-Time Professor position at the same college on Wed 4/Sep/2019. A 13hrs/week contract.
3) Course Completion Letter issued and received == Thu 12/Sep/2019 == 1 Year Ontario College Certificate == Completion Date in the letter is 24/Aug/2019
4) Official Transcript issued == Tue 17/Sep/2019
5) Applied online for PGWP == Mon 7/Oct/2019 == my imm5710e shows I started working as per point 2
6) Study Permit expires == Sat 30/Nov/2019
From the day that your last marks are released until you apply for gpwp, any work done is considered unauthorized.

mnm_22

Oct 11, 2019
From the day that your last marks are released until you apply for gpwp, any work done is considered unauthorized.
What are the implications and consiquences of this "unauthorized" work on my PGWP application result? What can I do to rectify this?
Thanks.

AliZeus

May 3, 2019
You’re pgwp application is very likely to be rejected and also you may be banned from applying for any work/study permit for 6-month. You cannot do anything, unfortunately. Just pray the officer won’t notice or will take it easy.