+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

mek85

Aug 5, 2015
hi lakesh6,
i searched about etobicoke office and one of student "viditmantri" in forum also received same msg as you get & also saw your comment under it, i googled about it and i learned that normally inland PR applications referred to etobicoke office for further inquiry or interview. file transfered for pgwp is quite unusual. lets hope everything will be fine and be prepared for an interview just in case they schedule.( but i don't think they interview for pgwp, they normally interview for PR application for couple who married to canadian citizen or permanent resident.).

Ara.A

Jul 20, 2016
Hello, I actually applied that same date. Still waiting, my application hasn't even been updated since sending it (online application)

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
annettesh25 said:
I applied on the 27th of May, the status online is still open, should I be worried? :-X
Don't worry, you should be fine. Still the processing time is almost 9 weeks. And you have couple more weeks to go to hit that timeframe.

ramkumar150

May 18, 2016
Hi,

How long does it take for PGWP through paper application. I applied on Apr 21 reached office 24 and I am still awaiting final decision.

Your answers will be much appreciated. Thanks

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
ramkumar150 said:
Hi,

How long does it take for PGWP through paper application. I applied on Apr 21 reached office 24 and I am still awaiting final decision.

Your answers will be much appreciated. Thanks
It varies every week. Check cic website.

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
tekoling said:
Hi,

Anyone here gotten 1 year PGWP validity for a 1 academic year graduate course?
What exactly is your confusion ? One year Graduate course qualifies you for 1 year PGWP only.

QuanQuan

Apr 7, 2013
Hi guys, I really need your helps

Im applying for my PGWP and required to submitted a proof of graduation (my diploma picture), dead line July 20. I ve provided the official final transcript before, I uploaded my diploma picture but i forgot to sign and submit (I screwed up). Yesterday (July 25), I went online to check and realized I screwed up, I quickly signed and submitted at July 25, 17:50 pm (I were able to upload and provide) which is 5 days late. In the request letter CiC sent me, it stated if I cant provide on time, my application will be processed with the originally submitted documents.

I sent an inquiry through CiC webform and also called the agent this morning. He said he found the document I provided yesterday and it currently in the system but it's up to the processing agents to decide. He advised me to wait and follow up in 1-2 days because they are working on my application.

My study permit will be expire on Au 31 and what action should I take to fix my this situation, PLease help me. im very worried atm.

Wuntang

Jul 24, 2016
QuanQuan said:
Hi guys, I really need your helps

Im applying for my PGWP and required to submitted a proof of graduation (my diploma picture), dead line July 20. I ve provided the official final transcript before, I uploaded my diploma picture but i forgot to sign and submit (I screwed up). Yesterday (July 25), I went online to check and realized I screwed up, I quickly signed and submitted at July 25, 17:50 pm (I were able to upload and provide) which is 5 days late. In the request letter CiC sent me, it stated if I cant provide on time, my application will be processed with the originally submitted documents.

I sent an inquiry through CiC webform and also called the agent this morning. He said he found the document I provided yesterday and it currently in the system but it's up to the processing agents to decide. He advised me to wait and follow up in 1-2 days because they are working on my application.

My study permit will be expire on Au 31 and what action should I take to fix my this situation, PLease help me. im very worried atm.
When did you apply?

tekoling

Jul 24, 2016
Riyas Siraj said:
What exactly is your confusion ? One year Graduate course qualifies you for 1 year PGWP only.
Yes I know but I'm kinda confuse if I will be given 1 year PGWP because the post-graduate course is 1 academic year which is equates to 2 semesters that will last for 8 months. So I'm completely bothered if I will be given 8 months or 1 year PGWP.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you already apply for PGWP?
tekoling said:
Yes I know but I'm kinda confuse if I will be given 1 year PGWP because the post-graduate course is 1 academic year which is equates to 2 semesters that will last for 8 months. So I'm completely bothered if I will be given 8 months or 1 year PGWP.