+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

lakesh6

Mar 22, 2014
one of my friend went through this and he was rejected for the work permit because he was working without applying work permit full time.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He got rejected for work-permit when doing flag-poling??
lakesh6 said:
one of my friend went through this and he was rejected for the work permit because he was working without applying work permit full time.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
lakesh6 said:
I don't think your friend was rejected because of flagpoling. He probably did not follow the rules of his prior permit/visa (?)

lakesh6

Mar 22, 2014
can we work full time after studies while waiting for the graduation letter for the PGWP application..

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
lakesh6 said:
can we work full time after studies while waiting for the graduation letter for the PGWP application..
U can work full time After submitting it PGWP application. U just need a letter from your university about completing degree requirements.

lakesh6

Mar 22, 2014
U can work full time After submitting it PGWP application. U just need a letter from your university about completing degree requirements

Hey bro it means we cant work before PGWP application.

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
lakesh6 said:
U can work full time After submitting it PGWP application. U just need a letter from your university about completing degree requirements

Hey bro it means we cant work before PGWP application.
No. You have to submit the application. You don't have to wait till it is approved. Just submission is OK.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah but confirmation letter takes 2-3 weeks. isn't? So he can't work for those 2-3 week right?
anttor said:
No. You have to submit the application. You don't have to wait till it is approved. Just submission is OK.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Delivery of permits will probably be delayed as well because of the Canada Post strike.

pjrestep

Mar 21, 2014
Hey guys,

I applied on June 6th and got the approval today (July 6th). Hopefully the strike wont affect too much the delivery of the permit as I need it to apply for TRV.

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
hell911 said:
can we walk upto the "port of entry" area?
Yea or you can go "around the flag" go to the us and go back to Canada. If you are eligible.

Yes you can work after you finish school once you are in the process of getting your PGWP which lasts 90 days from when your original confirmation was done

waynnad

May 27, 2016
pjrestep said:
Hey guys,

I applied on June 6th and got the approval today (July 6th). Hopefully the strike wont affect too much the delivery of the permit as I need it to apply for TRV.
To apply for TRV ? Why?

Isn't the PGWP letter alone sufficient to allow you to remain in Canada?

waynnad

May 27, 2016
Just a couple of questions here.

1. I logged into myCIC account today and see that my PGWP application is approved but that's it. It did not specify till when the work permit is valid nor anything about a letter that will be mailed to me soon. Is this normal?

2. I realized that some posters on this thread mentioned that they need the PGWP to apply for their Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). As an international student who just graduated from 4 years of university here recently and have my PGWP approved, do I still need to apply for TRV to remain in Canada? Isn't the PGWP letter alone a valid reason for me to remain here?