+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Probably it would be miracle for you but for other people its called FLAG-POLING. Many people from this forum has done flag poling including me. and yes you don't need to fill any forms like IMM forms if you want to do flag-poling to get PGWP. You just need Study-permit, Official Transcript, Letter of confirmation from school, passport and $255 as fee. and Definitely 2 weeks are too long for those people who already have a job offer before finishing the course like in my case. And Nobody would like to miss a job opportunity by applying online for PGWP and waiting 2-3 weeks and stressing out about work-permit. For some people it took 15-30 min, in my case it took me about 40-50 min to get PGWP in my hand through flag-poling.

Probably you don't know about it. You can google it or go through these links if you don't wanna wait for 2 weeks :p

If anyone needs help about flag-poling let me know.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/flag-pollingpost-graduate-work-permit-for-international-students-in-15-mins-t355050.0.html

Regina said:
really? You do not have anything from CIC?
Just have your transcript and your passport and at the border they issue you PGWP into your passport right away?
Where could I read on CIC site about such a miracle? :)
Could not say that 2 weeks from applying to getting it in mail was "too long".

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FLAG-POLING
You are missing here something. For flag poling you HAVE to have papers from CIC, and not just your passport. :D However, I see with PGWP you need nothing from CIC. That is a miracle, and I would like to get some link to it on the CIC site, and not just a word of mouth. :) I do not need to go Google. You say it -you prove it.

May be I surprise you but after graduation you could work on your study permit till you get your PGWP. So no need to rush to the border.
Of course if your SP expires in a month after graduation you have no choice but only to flag-pole.
40-50 min to get PGWP
Do you live at the border? :D

In my case it would take 10 hour round drive only to get to the border. :)

nehway0912

Jun 17, 2016
Submitted: May 11st, 2016
CIC webpage is showing they are working on application received on May 19th, but last week it showed May 7th. Probably they are still working on it. I used the web form to contact them tho.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which paper you mean you need from CIC like what papers you are talking about ? for flag-poling you don't need any paper from CIC. I already mentioned You just need Study-permit, Official Transcript, Letter of confirmation from school, passport and $255 as fee. On CIC website there is no link for flag-poling because flag-poling is like a loop hole in their system to get your paper work as soon as possible. Lol if border is 10 hrs away from your place, then you should apply online. I am not saying you to apply at border. I am helping those guys who really need their PGWP. BTW border is 3 hrs drive from my place so it was fine for me. There are already so many people who have successfully got their PGWP through flag-pole. I don't know if someone can start working right after finishing of the course or not But even though you can start working, most of the companies can't let you start working unless you will provide a copy of PGWP to them(It happened in my case). It really depends what your situation is, IF your company let you start without showing PGWP, you are okay and no need to go for Flag pole. Whereas, flag-pole was really helpful in my case as my company wanted to see a copy of my PGWP then only you allowed me to start working.
If you wanna come for Flag-pole , you can stay at my place. I don't mind that haha.
Regina said:
You are missing here something. For flag poling you HAVE to have papers from CIC, and not just your passport. :D However, I see with PGWP you need nothing from CIC. That is a miracle, and I would like to get some link to it on the CIC site, and not just a word of mouth. :) I do not need to go Google. You say it -you prove it.

May be I surprise you but after graduation you could work on your study permit till you get your PGWP. So no need to rush to the border.
Of course if your SP expires in a month after graduation you have no choice but only to flag-pole. Do you live at the border? :D

In my case it would take 10 hour round drive only to get to the border. :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Certainly it takes time for online application. That's why I was mentioning about flag poling to all those people who don't wanna wait too long.
nehway0912 said:
Submitted: May 11st, 2016
CIC webpage is showing they are working on application received on May 19th, but last week it showed May 7th. Probably they are still working on it. I used the web form to contact them tho.

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I applied for TRV within Canada after getting my PGWP. Since the processing time for TRV has passed and no decision has been made on my application, I sent mail to CPP Ottawa and they replied.

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times".

Anyone in similar situation?

abin278

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-01-2020
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2016
I had applied to UofM for MS Pharmacology & Therapeutics (Winter 2017 admission) and was fortunate enough to receive conditional offer, the conditions being:
1) successful completion of my current program with minimum grade of B in my last 2 years of study (which is not an issue as I have completed my academics and is currently doing my 1 year internship)
2) submission of final transcript and a copy of the final degree certificate
However, most universities in India issue provisional degree certificates on graduation and provide the degree certificate much later (approx 6 to 10 months after graduation). I would be graduating towards the end of August and would receive the provisional degree certificate in September.
Considering my graduation time from India, UofM FGS had provided me ample time till October to submit my final degree certificate, which I might receive only by June 2017
I would be grateful if someone could inform me on whether I could use provisional degree certificate instead of original degree certificate to secure unconditional/final acceptance from UofM.

nehway0912

Jun 17, 2016
It seems they have approved my application. However, the status is still Open when I click on it. It's sooooo confusing. :mad: :mad: :mad:

waynnad

May 27, 2016
God of war said:
Probably it would be miracle for you but for other people its called FLAG-POLING. Many people from this forum has done flag poling including me. and yes you don't need to fill any forms like IMM forms if you want to do flag-poling to get PGWP. You just need Study-permit, Official Transcript, Letter of confirmation from school, passport and $255 as fee. and Definitely 2 weeks are too long for those people who already have a job offer before finishing the course like in my case. And Nobody would like to miss a job opportunity by applying online for PGWP and waiting 2-3 weeks and stressing out about work-permit. For some people it took 15-30 min, in my case it took me about 40-50 min to get PGWP in my hand through flag-poling.

Probably you don't know about it. You can google it or go through these links if you don't wanna wait for 2 weeks :p

If anyone needs help about flag-poling let me know.

What if I have already submitted my online application and has waited long enough? Can I go to US-Canadian border and do flag-poling?

And would they accept just my university graduation certificate as evidence of the completion of my studies?

I submitted my application for PWGP on June 7.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can still go and do flag-poling but you have to pay again at border I guess. You will be required "letter of confirmation" from university and final official transcript. So, I don't think they will accept only graduation certificate. You didn't get your final transcript from university??
waynnad said:
What if I have already submitted my online application and has waited long enough? Can I go to US-Canadian border and do flag-poling?

And would they accept just my university graduation certificate as evidence of the completion of my studies?

I submitted my application for PWGP on June 7.

waynnad

May 27, 2016
God of war said:
Yes you can still go and do flag-poling but you have to pay again at border I guess. You will be required "letter of confirmation" from university and final official transcript. So, I don't think they will accept only graduation certificate. You didn't get your final transcript from university??
When I applied online, I have already graduated from university and obtained the grad certificate.

Aren't the letter of confirmation and final official transcript required only while people are waiting for their graduation ceremony to collect their grad certificate?

I thought the grad certificate is proof of the completion of my post-secondary education since I would have obviously needed to pass all my courses before being awarded the degree. No?

waynnad

May 27, 2016
Is there anyone else who also applied for PGWP in June? When exactly did you apply online and have you received it yet?

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For post-graduation work permit you need official final transcript and letter of confirmation from university.

http://www .cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5583E.PDF
(Remove 2 spaces after www)
waynnad said:
When I applied online, I have already graduated from university and obtained the grad certificate.

Aren't the letter of confirmation and final official transcript required only while people are waiting for their graduation ceremony to collect their grad certificate?

I thought the grad certificate is proof of the completion of my post-secondary education since I would have obviously needed to pass all my courses before being awarded the degree. No?