+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Hi I applied last July 7, just got my work permit today. I am a little confused I hope someone can answer in inquiries below.

1. Will they not stamp the passport that will indicate the validity on how long can I stay in Canada
2. Can I travel outside Canada with a Post Grad Work PErmit?

thestarfire

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
02-03-2017
AOR Received.
02-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
pending
LANDED..........
pending
Hi I applied last July 7, just got my work permit today. I am a little confused I hope someone can answer in inquiries below.

1. Will they not stamp the passport that will indicate the validity on how long can I stay in Canada
2. Can I travel outside Canada with a Post Grad Work PErmit?
1) They will not stamp your passport if you receive PGWP. Your PGWP is your main immigration document and it will contain how long you can stay in Canada.
2) Yes you can travel outside Canada while on PGWP. However, if you wish to re-enter Canada and
-> if you are from visa exempt country, you will need an eTA(not 100% sure about this)
-> if you are not from a Visa exempt country, you will need to apply for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa).
Hope this helps :)

Iambelle

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
1) They will not stamp your passport if you receive PGWP. Your PGWP is your main immigration document and it will contain how long you can stay in Canada.
2) Yes you can travel outside Canada while on PGWP. However, if you wish to re-enter Canada and
-> if you are from visa exempt country, you will need an eTA(not 100% sure about this)
-> if you are not from a Visa exempt country, you will need to apply for TRV (Temporary Resident Visa).
Hope this helps :)
I am from a country that requires to have a visa, so I have to apply for that again? Do you have a link on how to do that, thank you very much

immig95

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Dear friends
i wd like to know ..
someone can get a student visa after accepting to an university? under the circumstances when the person already have lodged an application of PNP for immigration and the immigration is in process..
Best regards

courtney

Dec 14, 2017
Hi All, I applied my PGWP via mail to Vegreville in November before I got my job offer 1 week later. Since the current processing time is more than 100 days, I'd like to get my PGWP soon as per request from my employer. However, I have reached the 90 days period from the date I received confirmation letter from my school. Please advise can I cancel the previous application and submit an online application or can I do flagpole?

Olii

Dec 21, 2017
Hi,
I have the same problem. I v applied on July 27, then revived an update on my account that my file was transferred to local office in Edmonton October 17. Still nothing, I v called to help center they said me wait and try to reach them on March or April ! It’s ridiculous!
How did you resolve your problem. I don’t know what should I do. I you know please help me!

I am a young professional working in DownTown Toronto. I have completed my studies as an international student in April 2015 and applied for Post-Graduate Work Permit in June 2015. The processing time has exceeded beyond 7 months and I haven't received any decisions or notification on my application yet. After repeated follow-ups with CIC Help Centre and CIC Etobicoke office where my application is transferred as per recent updates, I am still unable to get any timeline or general idea why my application is not progressing. They haven't asked for additional information either. This is affecting my professional life and also keeping me away from getting health benefits.

I am sure there are more international students with similar situation. I found CIC Help Centre's response unsatisfactory and non-transparent. There is no way to approach respective CIC office to have better clarity about the situation.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you.

Navreet030

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hello
I was following up with your application. Because I am in same situation and waiting for more than 6 month for my PGWP. Can you please elaborate your case timeline, when did you finally received it or appropriate course of action required for these kind of file.
Thanks in advance
Navreet

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hello
I was following up with your application. Because I am in same situation and waiting for more than 6 month for my PGWP. Can you please elaborate your case timeline, when did you finally received it or appropriate course of action required for these kind of file.
Thanks in advance
Navreet
Was your file transferred to a local IRCC office ?

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
I am a young professional working in DownTown Toronto. I have completed my studies as an international student in April 2015 and applied for Post-Graduate Work Permit in June 2015. The processing time has exceeded beyond 7 months and I haven't received any decisions or notification on my application yet. After repeated follow-ups with CIC Help Centre and CIC Etobicoke office where my application is transferred as per recent updates, I am still unable to get any timeline or general idea why my application is not progressing. They haven't asked for additional information either. This is affecting my professional life and also keeping me away from getting health benefits.

I am sure there are more international students with similar situation. I found CIC Help Centre's response unsatisfactory and non-transparent. There is no way to approach respective CIC office to have better clarity about the situation.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thank you.
Can u plz tell how much time embassy’s has taken to process your pgwp??