Passport Req..
Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
Hey everyone!

Here's my application details,
I applied June 26, and no update so far (other than that monthly update)
has anyone got approval or updates recently? Please come and share thoughts, it helps to reduce the stress of waiting.
I had heard that the processing time is around 35 days. but now that I check the CIC and from the list choose work permit extension (new employer) [ just like the website says] it shows 70 days for online and 106 days for paper submission.
and now I found a recent article dating June 2017 that says pgwp processing time is reduced to 4 weeks. http://www.immigration.ca/canada-slashes-processing-time-post-graduation-work-permit-applications/
but why is CIC showing 70 days. maybe I'm looking at the wrong place. has anyone else checked the pgwp processing time?
you should look at the processing time in CIC which is 70 days

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Hi Everyone,

I am waiting for my PGWP, applied last May 24, now my problem is my husbands OWP is going to expire soon, August 31. Can we still apply for his extension even if I don't have my PGWP yet?
It's unfortunate, but you will have to wait as he has to add your PGWP to his application.

fenix

Apr 22, 2017
Yes applied June 26 too. Still waiting no update but we get implied status and work until we get our permit.

Reactions: PGWWPP

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Hey everyone!

Here's my application details,
I applied June 26, and no update so far (other than that monthly update)
has anyone got approval or updates recently? Please come and share thoughts, it helps to reduce the stress of waiting.
I had heard that the processing time is around 35 days. but now that I check the CIC and from the list choose work permit extension (new employer) [ just like the website says] it shows 70 days for online and 106 days for paper submission.
and now I found a recent article dating June 2017 that says pgwp processing time is reduced to 4 weeks. http://www.immigration.ca/canada-slashes-processing-time-post-graduation-work-permit-applications/
but why is CIC showing 70 days. maybe I'm looking at the wrong place. has anyone else checked the pgwp processing time?
Hi, did you apply online or paper based? I applied in June as well.

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
I applied online, I'm checking cic everyday to see if they update it. its still on 70 days!
i check everyday since august to see the processing date....nerve racking just waiting

Reactions: PGWWPP

brendlylanson

Sep 1, 2017
Hi guys,

Please help me with my status.

My study permits will end on March 31, 2018. I unexpectedly completed my study ahead of time. I just handed in my final course work for my last course on Tuesday, August 26, 2017. I am now waiting for my final grade for that course (which could take up to 3 weeks from the date I handed in) so that I can get a transcript or any kind of formal notification of graduation in order to apply for POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT.

I know that I can work full time after I applied for PGWP.

My question is: Can I still work (full time or part time, please specify) while waiting for final grade with my valid study permit?

I could not find any information regarding my status on the CIC website. This is what they said:

How many hours can you work?
If you qualify to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week:

• during regular school sessions, or while you are studying if you are enrolled in an intensive program that doesn’t have scheduled breaks
  • if you are studying part-time because you are completing the last session of your program
  • if you are a graduate student who has completed the required courses for your degree
You can work full-time:

• during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break, and
  • after you finish your studies if you have applied for any other work permit.
If you are aware of this, pleas let me know.

Kindly appreciated,
Thanks

PGWWPP

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi guys,

Please help me with my status.

My study permits will end on March 31, 2018. I unexpectedly completed my study ahead of time. I just handed in my final course work for my last course on Tuesday, August 26, 2017. I am now waiting for my final grade for that course (which could take up to 3 weeks from the date I handed in) so that I can get a transcript or any kind of formal notification of graduation in order to apply for POST GRADUATION WORK PERMIT.

I know that I can work full time after I applied for PGWP.

My question is: Can I still work (full time or part time, please specify) while waiting for final grade with my valid study permit?

I could not find any information regarding my status on the CIC website. This is what they said:

How many hours can you work?
If you qualify to work off-campus, you can work up to 20 hours per week:

• during regular school sessions, or while you are studying if you are enrolled in an intensive program that doesn’t have scheduled breaks
  • if you are studying part-time because you are completing the last session of your program
  • if you are a graduate student who has completed the required courses for your degree
You can work full-time:

• during scheduled breaks, such as the winter and summer holidays or spring break, and
  • after you finish your studies if you have applied for any other work permit.
If you are aware of this, pleas let me know.

Kindly appreciated,
Thanks
By this information you should be allowed to work part time until you apply for PGWP if you are a graduate student. Only if you are undergrad it becomes a little tricky, and I think you should still be allowed to work, but I'm not sure.

VeenuInternational

Sep 18, 2017
I Applied For PGWP on July 4th, no updates yet. . Can i travel back to India and come back. I do have valid study permit and Visa. I called them and they said as long as you have visa, study permit and reciepts of PGWP. YOU CAN RE-ENTER. Any thoughts or advise on this.?

PGWWPP

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hello everyone!
finaly I received the approval, exactly after the 84 days that they have updated on CIC.

There is just one problem, my address is wrong on the approval letter that they sent me. the postal code is right. but the address is wrong, instead of 65 it's written 56. I hadn't provided my p.o box number in my application. so I guess this might cause a problem.
what will happen now?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Applied the 30th of August and my application just says 'read and they are reviewing/processing my application. I am working full time as I got the CIC to send me an email stating I could do that. My employer was also the employer I had my last work term with. My SIN number expires 30th of September (as this is the same of my study permit), so will have to get an extension if I don't hear something soon.

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
Reactions: ankz001

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017