frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Successfully flagpoled at the Peace Arch Border today and got my PGWP on the spot valid until June 2019 yay! ;D ;D ;D The officers were really nice and are actually aware of the whole "flagpoling" thing. I highly suggest doing this!

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
The "letter" that you all mention, the "letter of confirmation" or "letter of completion", is that the same as "confirmation of graduation"?

Asking as in my mail today I received two copies of transcripts and two copies of "confirmation of graduation".

Thanks in advance.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I told you that. Flag-poling is easy.
frustratedcanadian said:
Successfully flagpoled at the Peace Arch Border today and got my PGWP on the spot valid until June 2019 yay! ;D ;D ;D The officers were really nice and are actually aware of the whole "flagpoling" thing. I highly suggest doing this!

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes that is the ne which states your length of program and completion of course.
yyzstudent said:
The "letter" that you all mention, the "letter of confirmation" or "letter of completion", is that the same as "confirmation of graduation"?

Asking as in my mail today I received two copies of transcripts and two copies of "confirmation of graduation".

Thanks in advance.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Successfully flagpoled at the Peace Arch Border today and got my PGWP on the spot valid until June 2019 yay
What did you get in the mail? :eek: Why did you need to go to the border?

We got PGWP just in mail (in BC). It looks pretty much as the initial SP 2 years ago: paper, numbers, description. Or we have to go to the border too? To get what?

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Regina said:
What did you get in the mail? :eek: Why did you need to go to the border?

We got PGWP just in mail (in BC). It looks pretty much as the initial SP 2 years ago: paper, numbers, description. Or we have to go to the border too? To get what?
No i did not get it in the mail. I just went to the nearest border and flagpoled. They issued my pgwp on the spot. I just brought all the required documents with me and $255.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the required documents
And what is it? Like you got a letter from CIC and went to the border? They did not tell in the letter you they mail "important documents" to you? Did they ask to mail them your passport bu instead you went to the border? What was the instruction in the letter from CIC?

And another question:
In your profile here on the forum you show that you have LANDED in 2014. And now you are getting PGWP.
How come?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Regina said:
And what is it? Like you got a letter from CIC and went to the border? They did not tell in the letter you they mail "important documents" to you? Did they ask to mail them your passport bu instead you went to the border? What was the instruction in the letter from CIC?

And another question:
In your profile here on the forum you show that you have LANDED in 2014. And now you are getting PGWP.
How come?
I don't think you get any letter from CIC. It's not really a CIC approved method but it's more like a loophole in the system that has come to be accepted by the CBSA as some soft an acceptable pathway...with a frown :p

Read here:

http://www.immigroup.com/news/flagpoling-your-way-new-work-or-study-permit-or-permanent-residence

Although is it really worth it getting an "Entry Refused" from the United States.?

And I'm guessing he LANDED in 2014 on a study permit. and 2 years later got a PGWP

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
harvijay1001 said:
I don't think you get any letter from CIC. It's not really a CIC approved method but it's more like a loophole in the system that has come to be accepted by the CBSA as some soft an acceptable pathway...with a frown :p

Read here:

http://www.immigroup.com/news/flagpoling-your-way-new-work-or-study-permit-or-permanent-residence

Although is it really worth it getting an "Entry Refused" from the United States.?

And I'm guessing he LANDED in 2014 on a study permit. and 2 years later got a PGWP
It is an administrative refusal. It wont affect any applications in the future as the US officers and CA officers are aware of this process. You could technically cross the border for an hour or so and come back.. I do have a valid US visa but we just decided to flagpole to get away from the traffic in the later hours.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't think you get any letter from CIC.
In our case we got a letter. It was a letter in MyCIC (applied online) stating that the application has been approved (till XX June 2019) and "an important papers were mailed". No instruction to go to anywhere to get PGWP.
And a week later PGWP arrived in an envelope.
Ok. Thanks. However, landing- comes from Landed Immigrant. Usually, students do not LAND. :)

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You got letter in MYCIC and in mail box because you would have applied online but for flag-poling you get your PGWP right at the border and they stamp your passport at the border. You don't even have to fill any forms like IMM forms in online application of pgwp. It's very easy and fast process for those people who don'twanna want too long for their PGWP.
Regina said:
In our case we got a letter. It was a letter in MyCIC (applied online) stating that the application has been approved (till XX June 2019) and "an important papers were mailed". No instruction to go to anywhere to get PGWP.
And a week later PGWP arrived in an envelope. Ok. Thanks. However, landing- comes from Landed Immigrant. Usually, students do not LAND. :)

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PGWP right at the border
really? You do not have anything from CIC?
Just have your transcript and your passport and at the border they issue you PGWP into your passport right away?
Where could I read on CIC site about such a miracle? :)

want too long for their PGWP.
Could not say that 2 weeks from applying to getting it in mail was "too long".