+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) current actual processing time

ndyboy

Jul 28, 2016
waynnad said:
Mine was approved on July 6. But maybe due to the Canada Post strike, it came only on July 26.
Thank you for your reply.

I have received my approval message in my CIC account! It takes 6 weeks to receive it. Haa.

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
Hi, I have a question. I don't know if it was asked before on this forum or not but can you get your PGWP by flagpolling at the border even if you haven't applied for it before? Like I was thinking what if I don't apply online and rather just get it from the border, that will be very quick and I will not have to wait.

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can get your pgwp by flag-polling doesn't matter you applied for online application or not.
Sapphire! said:
Hi, I have a question. I don't know if it was asked before on this forum or not but can you get your PGWP by flagpolling at the border even if you haven't applied for it before? Like I was thinking what if I don't apply online and rather just get it from the border, that will be very quick and I will not have to wait.

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
God of war said:
Yes you can get your pgwp by flag-polling doesn't matter you applied for online application or not.
Oh thanks! but what will happen with the application fees? Will it be returned to me or will I not have to pay if I apply by flag-polling?

romnak

Jul 31, 2016
waynnad said:
Is there anyone else who also applied for PGWP in June? When exactly did you apply online and have you received it yet?
Hi, I applied on 11th of May and still waiting...... :(
I called to CIC on 11th of July but I didn't get any satisfied answer....
I don't know what's going on...

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Greetings Experts,

Applied for my spouse open work permit (Status: Visitor Visa) on July 11th. I am bit confused with the processing time on CIC, since there are two options in the drop-down menu Work Permit and Work Permit (New Employer). Should I go with the processing time for PGWP that you all are mentioning in this thread?

- Munna

God of war

Aug 27, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your online application is not under process then you can call CIC and ask for refund. I am not sure what are refund policies of CIC. and yes you have to pay for pgwp while flag polling (even tho you paid for your online application)
Sapphire! said:
Oh thanks! but what will happen with the application fees? Will it be returned to me or will I not have to pay if I apply by flag-polling?

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
MunnaReddy said:
Greetings Experts,

Applied for my spouse open work permit (Status: Visitor Visa) on July 11th. I am bit confused with the processing time on CIC, since there are two options in the drop-down menu Work Permit and Work Permit (New Employer). Should I go with the processing time for PGWP that you all are mentioning in this thread?

- Munna
It will be the one under work permit, if you have not previously applied for one.

I think the current processing time is 2 months.

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Riyas Siraj,

Thank You! I applied for mine and got it one year ago. This is regarding my spouse work permit for the first time. I remember checking the following "An Initial Work Permit or work permit with a new employer" check box.

Sincerely/Munna

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
MunnaReddy said:
Riyas Siraj,

Thank You! I applied for mine and got it one year ago. This is regarding my spouse work permit for the first time. I remember checking the following "An Initial Work Permit or work permit with a new employer" check box.

Sincerely/Munna
K , So it's your spouse's open work permit , rite ?

Normally it takes 2 months; depending on where you applied from it could vary. Looks like you did it from Delhi, so 2 months.

adr1992

Aug 3, 2016
I submitted my application on July 5th and I'm still waiting for approval...I have a job interview next week and I'm concerned that if I don't get my visa in time they'll be hesitant to hire me. Has anyone who applied in early July gotten approved yet? What should my next step be?

Riyas Siraj

May 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
ITA - Apr 05, 2017
AOR Received.
05-31-2017
IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Simple ---- U tell them that your work permit has been approved. They will not ask for a copy until you join the firm or until they start your on boarding process. So if you get the job you can always go to the nearest border and do flagpolling and will get your work permit the same day.

adr1992

Aug 3, 2016
Riyas Siraj said:
Simple ---- U tell them that your work permit has been approved. They will not ask for a copy until you join the firm or until they start your on boarding process. So if you get the job you can always go to the nearest border and do flagpolling and will get your work permit the same day.
What's flagpolling?