+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
Applied on 19 May 2021 outland (PGWP for myself, OPW for my wife, and visitor visa for my 4-yo daughter)
Status changed to reviewing eligibility on early September (for all 3 of us)
Received approval email today (22 October 2021)
Congrats! just a quick question. How did you apply for your spouse's OWP at the same time with your PGWP? I mean you didn't include your employment letter along with 3 pay slips, right?

esnmrdi

Aug 19, 2021
Congrats! just a quick question. How did you apply for your spouse's OWP at the same time with your PGWP? I mean you didn't include your employment letter along with 3 pay slips, right?
No. I didn't include any employment letter or pay slips.
Applying for dependents is simple through MyCIC.

Neda_shad

Star Member
Feb 9, 2021
No. I didn't include any employment letter or pay slips.
Applying for dependents is simple through MyCIC.
Thank your for the respond. Yes, I have applied for my study permit extension and spouse's OPW extension at the same time through my profile before. But according to CIC website, when holding PGWP, in order to extend your spouse's OWP, you need to include your employment letter and 3 pay slips. That is why I wondered how you did both application at the same time.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thank your for the respond. Yes, I have applied for my study permit extension and spouse's OPW extension at the same time through my profile before. But according to CIC website, when holding PGWP, in order to extend your spouse's OWP, you need to include your employment letter and 3 pay slips. That is why I wondered how you did both application at the same time.
When applying for SOWP extension together with PGWP application, there’s no need for PA’s employment letter and/or payslip. However, when applying for SOWP after PA got PGWP, payslip is mandatory. I applied for my PGWP together with my wife’s SOWP extension and my son’s change of status from study to visitor. All got approved even though I did not include payslips.