+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
My timeline
Applied pgwp on July 09
BSc. Nursing with the University of Alberta
I was part-time for one semester and then completely off for another semester. I was really worried about this but with a personal letter of explanation, letter of explanation/support from my school and plenty of God’s grace I finally got approved on October 19th.
For those waiting, keep trusting in Jesus…. You’ll get approved soon
Congrats !!!!!

IRCC does understand sometimes, that's great they approved your app :)

Reactions: MJ1992

Kelsey96

Jun 19, 2019
Hey, just sharing this cuz this forum really helped a lot and made me less nervous about my application. I applied for my PGWP (Ontario) July 22 I kept checking my account and I saw the status changed to (application updated) …they are now reviewing my eligibility I hope to hear some good news soon.
Also, I did not receive any emails from them.

simba1992

Oct 7, 2021
Hey, just sharing this cuz this forum really helped a lot and made me less nervous about my application. I applied for my PGWP (Ontario) July 22 I kept checking my account and I saw the status changed to (application updated) …they are now reviewing my eligibility I hope to hear some good news soon.
Would you mind sharing the first 6 digits of your application?

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Has anyone applied for a PGWP extension under "Temporary Public Policy to Facilitate the Issuance of an Open Work Permit to Former or Current Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Holders during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic" and received it? I know some individuals who had applied a few weeks before I did (back in July 2021) and received theirs. However, it's been over 3 months now and I haven't heard back from them and my PSGW expires in less than a month. Any advice on what to do next?

Reactions: jlusi

MJ1992

Oct 20, 2021
I applied for pgwp inland(BC) on July 29th but I only received the submission confirmation. There was no update and I didn’t get any temporary work permit letter with expiry date.
I called IRCC multiple times and they said I am eligible to work in the meantime.
Does anyone has the same issue?

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
I applied for pgwp inland(BC) on July 29th but I only received the submission confirmation. There was no update and I didn’t get any temporary work permit letter with expiry date.
I called IRCC multiple times and they said I am eligible to work in the meantime.
Does anyone has the same issue?
I received a confirmation of receipt letter after submitting my application (QC). However, I haven't heard back from them since.

Kelsey96

Jun 19, 2019
I got approved today …no emails, had to check my application constantly

Reactions: dannyjx and jlusi