+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

MJ1992

Oct 20, 2021
Hi everyone,
I applied on July 29th inland(BC), no update! Sent 3 webforms and called 3 times.
It has been 89 days and I have to get my permit by the end of this month. Otherwise, my job offer can be terminated. It is really frustrating and I am thinking about doing a flagpole. My study permit will expire the day after tomorrow(90 days) and reentering will be a bit risky!
Anyone with the same experience or any information?
Thanks,

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Hi everyone,
I applied on July 29th inland(BC), no update! Sent 3 webforms and called 3 times.
It has been 89 days and I have to get my permit by the end of this month. Otherwise, my job offer can be terminated. It is really frustrating and I am thinking about doing a flagpole. My study permit will expire the day after tomorrow(90 days) and reentering will be a bit risky!
Anyone with the same experience or any information?
Thanks,
If it makes you feel any better, it's been 99 days since I applied and I haven't heard back from them since.

Oct 21, 2021
I applied on the 30th of July and have received no updates since! My job offer expired today. The company did its best to try and extend it for me but they could only do it for two months, which I totally understand.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
I applied on the 30th of July and have received no updates since! My job offer expired today. The company did its best to try and extend it for me but they could only do it for two months, which I totally understand.
That's unfortunate, but your only option now is to either keep calling them to check the status of your application in case there is any progress or wait 'til they finalize processing your application.

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hey there. I’m really sorry for you. The processing time makes no sense. I’ve been using pre-Covid data (2019) to predict the current processing time. In early September this year the timeline was one month ahead of the 2019 data and in theory, the time should only go faster because less applications in July. But right now in late October we are back to only 3 weeks ahead. It honestly so frustrating and I just want to get a decision already.

zuxik649

Aug 18, 2021
If it makes you feel any better, it's been 99 days since I applied and I haven't heard back from them since.
I applied in May 7th inland a nothing yet, not even the evaluation start. I already lost my hope. I got a EE PR invitation in summer so looks like I will have the PR sooner that this PGWP .. :-(

Leh98

Jul 19, 2021
i feel for anyone who lost a job offer because of the delays. I too am in the same boat. 114 days and no decision yet...

scilla

May 6, 2021
Hey there. I’m really sorry for you. The processing time makes no sense. I’ve been using pre-Covid data (2019) to predict the current processing time. In early September this year the timeline was one month ahead of the 2019 data and in theory, the time should only go faster because less applications in July. But right now in late October we are back to only 3 weeks ahead. It honestly so frustrating and I just want to get a decision already.
when did u apply?