+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Any approvals today?
I wonder why it takes so long to process mid/late July applications.
Because they're currently focusing on applications of refugees and asylum seekers from Afghanistan I believe. That's why PGWP as well as other work permits are taking longer than usual to process.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Im really worried now reading comments. I have a job but but my temp WP is expiring soon...
Have you tried extending your work permit by getting sponsored by your employer? Closed work permit applications, to the best of my knowledge, take around a month to be approved and issued.

Nandy6

Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

I applied for my pgwp on Sept 15. I have had no updates since after the initial submission confirmation. I want to travel back home in Nov, but because I applied from within Ontario, my work permit will most likely be delivered to my address here (if approved). Does anyone know if I enter back in Canada with a scanned copy of my pgwp? Please let me know, thank you so much!!

airforce1907

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

I applied for my pgwp on Sept 15. I have had no updates since after the initial submission confirmation. I want to travel back home in Nov, but because I applied from within Ontario, my work permit will most likely be delivered to my address here (if approved). Does anyone know if I enter back in Canada with a scanned copy of my pgwp? Please let me know, thank you so much!!
just dont risk it?

Reactions: jlusi

EV1170

Oct 26, 2021
I did. I submitted additional documents that are not required by visa officers via webform and received generic response saying they will attach my documents to my profile soon. I wait for 2 months but didn’t see any file was added to my application so I call the help centre - turns out the documents were not attached so the agent wrote a note on my profile.
Hi, I'm also in the same situation, I updated a document for my PGWP using webform, I received a general email after a week saying to rest assured that the document will be attached to my application, I called them today and to my surprise, it turned out it is not attached, They told me to submit another webform, how did you manage to update your application? how should I make sure that they will attach my file to the existing application ? Thanks

Jojimiller

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hi, I'm also in the same situation, I updated a document for my PGWP using webform, I received a general email after a week saying to rest assured that the document will be attached to my application, I called them today and to my surprise, it turned out it is not attached, They told me to submit another webform, how did you manage to update your application? how should I make sure that they will attach my file to the existing application ? Thanks
Depends on what document is it. The agent can write a note to my application because the document was issued by IRCC. I gave the reference no. to the agent and they found it on their system, wrote down something like “xxx documents has been verified by agent yyy”. If your documents are different from mine, there’s nothing you can do.

EV1170

Oct 26, 2021
Depends on what document is it. The agent can write a note to my application because the document was issued by IRCC. I gave the reference no. to the agent and they found it on their system, wrote down something like “xxx documents has been verified by agent yyy”. If your documents are different from mine, there’s nothing you can do.
Thanks for your reply. Could anybody add a non IRCC document (like a letter of explanation) to his application using webform recently? How should I know that the document will be attached?

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Hi,

Do not! Wait 'til you your permit has been approved, and travel with a valid visa (if you required to have one) to re-enter Canada.

Reactions: jlusi

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Thanks for your reply. Could anybody add a non IRCC document (like a letter of explanation) to his application using webform recently? How should I know that the document will be attached?
If they have not asked for it, don't send them any additional documents that may delay processing your application. If I were you, I would give them a call and ask what the status of the application is rather than submitting a letter at this point.

John_22

Oct 21, 2018
Hi,

I guess you can bring with you your letter of approval upon arrival? You can also secure a copy of your document just incase they ask for it.

EV1170

Oct 26, 2021
If they have not asked for it, don't send them any additional documents that may delay processing your application. If I were you, I would give them a call and ask what the status of the application is rather than submitting a letter at this point.
Ok, thanks for your suggestion

Sb2021

Star Member
Oct 26, 2021
Hello guys. There have been many posts on facebook regarding the issue of open work permit under tr to pr public policy. The dates of submission are mostly for late August. Their processing time is 50 to 60 days, even one of my friend applied for pgwp extension under public policy in July and was approved in only 40 days. Why is that? Do they divide open work permits in different categories and issue the work permits based on categories?

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Hello, anyone within August application from ON with an approval or update. Also i received a letter saying that i can work until a decision is made or dec 16, so if a decision is not made by dec 16 do i have to stop working? any one to help?

Reactions: jlusi and scilla